• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Houses & Siege

• Thread starter imported_bioras
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_bioras

I'd like to know how other Siege players feel about this issue.
My opinion: I feel that you should be able to place a small house on Siege even if you own a house on a prod shard. (Not a big one, just a little one.
)
Siege is so far off what most others play. I just feel that it really does deserve special consideration. I would like to see more people play Siege, maybe this would help.

L

leroyjenkins

no we arnt a test server....
i think that people should have one house per accounts.. we already have the problem of people havening multiple accounts and having multiple houses..

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no i dont agree at all because if you take up all of our land with stupid small houses and keep them up it prevents the active siege community from obtaining a larger house keep/castle....

I think if you played here fulltime youd have no problem with that....

It hink they should remove rot if they want alot more players to come here.

I

imported_bioras

I agree for the most part. However I would really like to see more people come and try Siege. I find others seem to think of Siege as Fel run wild.
I think most of us would agree that EA needs to deal with the housing issue, but that is another topic....

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It has been brought up before, and some people who play Siege seemed to favor increased bank space, maybe 250 or more items, to encourage people to try it, but not allow them to place a house. I think that is a better option, and one which would not disrupt "normal" Siegers.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed!

I

imported_bioras

True, but this goes back to the way many of us feel...If you elect not to pay every month...why should you be able to keep a house on ANY shard? Again...another issue...

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

The problem is that folks put them up then go back to the shard they came from. I know we have lost of room for small houses but if folks could place and keep their old home, siege would fill up again with unused houses.

I

imported_bioras

Very true, but to compare bank space to house space....You can't set up fountians etc in a bank. You don't feel the same if you are in a bank as you would your house.
I think most of us would agree there are housing issues. I am sure I am just being foolish in hoping that housing issues with be dealt with in the near future...
I have 2 accounts, I have devoted one to Siege. What about others that can't? I'm not saving there shouldn't be regs...what about if you own another home, you can only place the VERY smallest?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Very true, but to compare bank space to house space....You can't set up fountians etc in a bank. You don't feel the same if you are in a bank as you would your house.
I think most of us would agree there are housing issues. I am sure I am just being foolish in hoping that housing issues with be dealt with in the near future...
I have 2 accounts, I have devoted one to Siege. What about others that can't? I'm not saving there shouldn't be regs...what about if you own another home, you can only place the VERY smallest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you are talking about separate issues. If having a place to store things is a barrier to people TRYING Siege, the idea of additional bank space gives them what they need without harming people who call Siege their home. If people like Siege enough after trying it to establish a home here, they will use their 1 house per account option like everyone else. That is only fair. There are over 20 shards...people could make the same suggestion that we might like to play part time on those other shards and be able to place a tiny house. Where do you draw the line? It isn't a good solution IMO.

-Skylark

I

imported_bioras

You couldn't be more right. We all know this is an issue. In my opinion there are FAR too many that take advange housing as it is.
I guess for me...I LOVE Siege. The people here are not that same that gank you in Fel. Siege in not Fel gone wild.
Siegers are another breed. I don't agree with them always....but I love them. I have tried many other shards but in my little world...there are no others with more heart.

I

imported_bioras

So where is the line. Imo I would like to see a limit on new Siegers to the smallest size house. And sadly..I can see some trying to block others...this is where I HOPE EA will come through strong on housing issues. Maybe in reading the posts I...I am seeing what I would like to see...if you don't pay every month...why should you have a house?

G

Actually, I think that the house issue helped me play Siege. The thing is, if you -really- play Siege, you have hardly time to play another shard. So one time I decided to get a house on Siege and give up my house on Europa, that is when I really started to become part of Siege.

Houses on Siege are cheap in comparison, so that helps the people who intend to stay.

Kind regards

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Id have to agree with Alvo !

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to take a pee.

G

I say ok if they just open up the areas in malas where no houses are now. No one would have much desire to plop a big house out there anyway, considering malas is getting to be pretty barren, and there are many more prime spots available.