• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Houses in Luna against South Wall

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I might be purchasing a house in Luna against the south wall. The plot is a 17x12 (17 width, 12 depth). The house immediately to the right is just a level unbuilt plot so it wouldn't obscure my house at all.

I'm having trouble developing a concept in my mind how I would build the house with the giant Luna wall covering the steps and front of the house. I don't want to do a basic rectangle house with a flat roof. The house will be a merchant shop so it will have vendors. I'm guessing I will have to put them on the right side to avoid being obscured. I'm partial to castle looking construction (usually grey brick).

Have you seen any really nice houses in the same predicament that I should go look at? Or might you have an idea (or a pic) of something I could try? Thanks for your help. The only thing holding me back from completing the deal is a concept for how I would setup the house. I want it to look nice.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

D

DVI

many people in this situation place the vendors on an upper story of the house to maintain the passerby traffic (many people dont like to have to steer off the path).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I think the vendors will go on the second story to raise them into the passers-by view. My thought it basically to turn the house sideways so the front door appears on the right side. I'd have to leave about a 2-3 block space to allow for a sidewalk along the front of the house.

-OBSIDIAN-

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't be guaranteed the house on the right will stay a flat plot always

you could put the structure on the left side and a nice yard on the right with pathways or sumpin' from the steps on the south side.... or maybe a graduated terrace effect with a little house on the second and third levels.... would you then be obstructing the house to the west?

not sayin' you should build a barn, this is just to give ya an idea

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aww thanks :) love building barns, they're just so comfortable looking.... and I don't have to fret about furniture, just toss down some hay!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Man... I am glad I did not post my newest. It is a barn and farm. I am still stinging from Sarsmi's kleenex box comment.

That is a sweet barn!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come visit, Kelmo :) just south of the Skara cotton fields on Legends

and you don't live next door, so feel free to use any of the ideas in your barn!

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are alot of things I would do with a house like that putting the vendors on the second floor is not one of them... but I'm far to cheep to buy a luna plot.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man... I am glad I did not post my newest. It is a barn and farm. I am still stinging from Sarsmi's kleenex box comment.

That is a sweet barn!
*in best Crocodile Dundee voice*

That's not a kleenex box, this is a kleenex box...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A word of caution about building rubble/goza floors above the line in a high traffic area. On Siege we actually had a GM take down a player's multi level rubble & goza house inside the Luna walls. Granted he did take it to something of an extreme but the end result was someone's hours of deco labor down the drain.

DevilsOwn has some of the cutest designs. :)

I built this tiny house for someone who had a small plot sandwiched in between 2 big houses on the east wall. (Think it was 8X13 but it has been so long I'm not sure). This was really the only way to have the house visible.

"Pond" underneath the house

-Skylark

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:blushing: thank you, Skylark

Flutter, your Luna house is somehow reminiscent of Escher, love it!

:lol: tissue box!!!! :lol::thumbup:

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe...trust Sarsmi to "pwn" with deco. Are those standard Kleenex or Puffs Plus?

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My humble little farm...

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks great! Guessing that is the enhanced client view? Seems just a tad blurry, not sure if that is just the screenie or effect of the actual client, since I haven't used that one.

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes. It is EC. I likely just suck at taking pics...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
:blushing: thank you, Skylark

Flutter, your Luna house is somehow reminiscent of Escher, love it!

:lol: tissue box!!!! :lol::thumbup:

Haha Thanks honey. I thought it was kinda like something on the star ship enterprise.