• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can i demolish my house and then enlarge it ( ther a little space around it) ?
Or have i wait some days before replacing the house?
Thenks

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People have had alot of problems resizing. To resize you stand inside your house and say something like "I wish to resize my house"

I'm not sure how well it has been working lately.

There is no need to demolish anymore. If you do, i believe there will be a delay to place.

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind that all items in the house will drop to the ground. I did it in July and it worked fine.

A

Azazel of LA

Make sure the house is empty and stand near your house sign and say "I wish to resize my house" , this will drop your house (and any items inside) and it will block anyone else from placing for an hour in that spot while you try getting a bigger house down. Ive used it on other accoutns and it worked like a charm. If you just placed a house there is a one hour period that you can not drop or resize it. Once that hour is up you can with no problem. Hope this helps ya.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people say if you just recieved the house (put it up, got it traded to you, etc) - that it's better to wait 7 days before resizing (there have been some people that just couldn't place after demolishing.

like others have said, better to remove the stuff from your house before resizing - everything goes to the ground for a free-for-all grab.

another thing to do is test the housing server being up before you resize - do this by clicking on a placement tool and selecting a house - you don't have to place with it (and don't want to) - but if the housing server is down, you will get a msg to that affect. If you resize and the housing server is down, you won't be able to replace your house and chance losing it if it doesn't come up before your 1 hour timer is over.

resizing is really nice - I resized a zento plot last month - really happy about that - but you do have to be cautious and not get into a situation where you can't replace your house after collapsing it (through resizing)

R

Rix/\

so are you able to resize from a custom 18x18 to lets say a tower or keep given there is enuff room available?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people say if you just recieved the house (put it up, got it traded to you, etc) - that it's better to wait 7 days before resizing (there have been some people that just couldn't place after demolishing.

like others have said, better to remove the stuff from your house before resizing - everything goes to the ground for a free-for-all grab.
(through resizing)

There was the 2 things that i had to Kmow :)
Buy with a new char?
It can't trade a house before it's 15 days old. But can it resize a house ( I don't try to do this because i'm afraid that after this the house is missed)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so are you able to resize from a custom 18x18 to lets say a tower or keep given there is enuff room available?
or a CASTLE EVEN!!!!!!!!! LOL were u guys /gals been for the last 10 years??? seroiusly as long as its in tram or felluca ...EXPAND EXPAND

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets get the 7 day timer for housing cleared up

U only get the 7 day timer on an account that purchases a house...u can place drop place all day long as long as u do not purchase a house [end]

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

U only get the 7 day timer on an account that purchases a house...u can place drop place all day long as long as u do not purchase a house [end]
Ok.
Thanks to all for the patience :)

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the place to get the exact rules on how the 7 day timer works:

http://uo.stratics.com/homes/betterhomes/hg_rules.shtml

There is a section on the "The '7 day waiting period' " that explains this thoroughly.

In reading this, NO, you don't get the 7 day timer "only on a purchased house". If you currently own a house AND place, purchase or trade for another house, then (according to the site here) supposedly you get the 7 day timer.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But why the command "i wish to resize my house" doesn't work?
It's 7 days fron the date of purchasing, i have money in bank and i'm the owner.
I've tried to stay into the house, out of the house, but nothing happens. No message and no change.
Why?

U

UOKaiser

But why the command "i wish to resize my house" doesn't work?
It's 7 days fron the date of purchasing, i have money in bank and i'm the owner.
I've tried to stay into the house, out of the house, but nothing happens. No message and no change.
Why?
Try it by the house sign.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PUB53:
Added the House Resizing command:
Saying "I wish to resize my house" while standing under the house sign demolishes your house as though you'd used that option from the house sign
NOTE: This is an actual "demolish" - if you have grandfathered houses, resizing your house will condemn them just like placing a new one would. Also, items will behave just as though you demolished the house - they will drop to the ground.
Places a one hour account-bound placement zone where your house used to be
Any character on the account is guaranteed replacement on the same plot for an hour
Circumvents the normal 7 day delay between demolishes/rebuilds
The new house can be smaller or larger than the original area, as long as the surrounding area can accommodate the change

E

Evilminion

From what I've heard, you need to stand directly UNDER the house sign.

Good luck! :)

EDIT: Jinxed by RedRum, d'oh! *giggles*

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other hand, if they have turned off the Housing server due to the exploits, this command might be disabled.