• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House swap...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to have my two accounts trade houses, cause I wanted to shut one of them down, and I dont want to lose the better house. Can this be done? I was sort of under the impression that there was some kind of limit to the ammount of houses you can give/recieve/place in a specific ammount of time.

R

RD Gumbie

Should just be able to give #1 account #2 house and then give #2 account #1 house. Dont think there would be any problem at all unless one of those accounts has placed (or received) a house in the last 7 days.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok cool, so its placing and receiving. Not giving... Thats good to know.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should just be able to give #1 account #2 house and then give #2 account #1 house. Dont think there would be any problem at all unless one of those accounts has placed (or received) a house in the last 7 days.
Um no you cannot do that. You have to wait 7 days after recieving a house to accept or trade another house. I know because I tried this and had to demolish my second house then wait a few minutes and replace it. Once you trade the first accounts house to the other account(that is a trade and the timer starts for both accounts.) Only way to bypass the timer is to demolish a house and wait a couple minutes.

G

Gwendar-SP

Um no you cannot do that. You have to wait 7 days after recieving a house to accept or trade another house. I know because I tried this and had to demolish my second house then wait a few minutes and replace it. Once you trade the first accounts house to the other account(that is a trade and the timer starts for both accounts.) Only way to bypass the timer is to demolish a house and wait a couple minutes.
Since when?

W

Wallenstein

Are you sure? I place homes all the time using the following 'method':

I have home A.
I find a good spot and place a home, B.
Home A becomes condemned; I now own both home A and B.
I sell or trade home A without problems.
I live in home B.
Rinse and repeat.

I know there isn't a problem with placing a house, but it may be different if you accept a house FROM someone and then try to trade off your original home. If what you are saying is true, with having to wait 7 days to trade a house, "home A" would have fallen by that time.. if you get my drift.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
WHAT?!?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go do on the test shard. See what works.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

As long as you are trading and not placing you are fine.. Only time the timer kicks in is if you placed and or recieved a house on the account you are planning to switch with in the last 7 days. If you have not done any house transactions in the last 7 days you are 100% safe!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JUST TO CLEAR IT UP- YES 100%

Has long as u have owned both the houses over 7 days which im guessing u have...

You can definate give house A to account B ..then straight away give house B back to account A.

BOTH ACCOUNTS WILL THEN INCUR THE 7 DAY TIMER BECEAUSE THEY HAVE RECEIVED/BOUGHT/GIVEN A HOUSE IN THE ''TRADE WINDOW''

Oh and when u close account B ..u will keep the house for 90 days before it shows any signs of decay!! yah yah..at which point u can then decise wether to refresh it for another 90 days by simply paying one one calander month subs. Its a little annoying but toatally legal and huge amounts of people do this to keep there 2nd storage houses...simply paying 4x a year

F

feath

I have frequently traded houses between accounts.
I trade off account A's house to account B, then go to account B's house and trade it to account A.
there is no wait time, UNLESS one of your accounts built a house within the last 7 days . If you did place a house, the game wont let you do the trade, saying you've already built/traded house within the last 7 days.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to have my two accounts trade houses, cause I wanted to shut one of them down, and I dont want to lose the better house. Can this be done? I was sort of under the impression that there was some kind of limit to the ammount of houses you can give/recieve/place in a specific ammount of time.
You can trade houses between accounts. I have done this several times, most recently about a month ago.
If you have any doubts, try it on test shard, or I can offer you help. I have an account that I only use for house placing and it currently isn't holding anything. I can act as a go between between your accts for the house on any shard, just make sure it's empty. If you're worried about using a stranger, use a broker to do it.
PM me if you'd want me to help.