House Selling Option

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
Vendors are great, but I was thinking its about time they let us put houses up for sale. Give us an option on the house sign to mark as "For Sale", then let us enter the price. Could even change the sign to that bright blue house deed color so passerby's would see that its on the market.

First this would be great so I could empty my house, set it for sale, and if someone wants to buy it while Im at work, then great, they just buy it, dont need to worry about meeting up with me. Secondly this would be very handy when anybody is trying to sell a valuable piece of real estate or fully loaded house for a large sum of gold. Instead of having to look through a bag of 100 checks to make sure they are all for the right amount, they could just set the price and let the computer check the gold when the buyer buys. Gold could be deposited into the players bank who set house for sale, or they could just single click the house sign and collect gold just like you do now with a vendor inventory soe they could choose the char they want the gold on. Lots of options, and with current vendor systems already in place it should not be that difficult to implement.

I think we should still have the trade window option because a lot of times you want to trade a house for valuable items, but I think a vendor style selling option should be available.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 24, 2003
Awesome idea!

Would love to see an option to 1) keep all items in the house when selling (if the deco is part of the package), or 2) dump all items into a temporary bank (a month or so?), so that someone can sell a house he's living in without losing his stuff or buying a second account to hold the trade house.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
Vendors are great, but I was thinking its about time they let us put houses up for sale. Give us an option on the house sign to mark as "For Sale", then let us enter the price. Could even change the sign to that bright blue house deed color so passerby's would see that its on the market.

First this would be great so I could empty my house, set it for sale, and if someone wants to buy it while Im at work, then great, they just buy it, dont need to worry about meeting up with me. Secondly this would be very handy when anybody is trying to sell a valuable piece of real estate or fully loaded house for a large sum of gold. Instead of having to look through a bag of 100 checks to make sure they are all for the right amount, they could just set the price and let the computer check the gold when the buyer buys. Gold could be deposited into the players bank who set house for sale, or they could just single click the house sign and collect gold just like you do now with a vendor inventory soe they could choose the char they want the gold on. Lots of options, and with current vendor systems already in place it should not be that difficult to implement.

I think we should still have the trade window option because a lot of times you want to trade a house for valuable items, but I think a vendor style selling option should be available.
Yea but what do you do if the price you want is over 125 million? Well if it checked Pack and Bank then 275 million (125 pack + 150 Bank with storage inc). Now they could do a system where if someone puts 125 million "Down" it holds the house, no one else can try to buy, for say 4 hours while he brings the rest of the gold and once the total is made he gets the house and when you collect the gold goes into your bank box as checks and you'd not be able to add anything to your box until it's under the item limit.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
Yea but what do you do if the price you want is over 125 million? Well if it checked Pack and Bank then 275 million (125 pack + 150 Bank with storage inc). Now they could do a system where if someone puts 125 million "Down" it holds the house, no one else can try to buy, for say 4 hours while he brings the rest of the gold and once the total is made he gets the house and when you collect the gold goes into your bank box as checks and you'd not be able to add anything to your box until it's under the item limit.
Ya, that sounds like a good and workable idea. With a little thought and planning this should be an extremely easy thing to implement with easy options for all kinds of different situations.

L

love2winalot

But then you would have super rich people selling/buying their own house just to get all 2 billion into 1 bank acct. Maybe the OP idea, with a limit of 125 million max selling price. Anyone else that wants to sell for more than that has to find another way to do it.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
But then you would have super rich people selling/buying their own house just to get all 2 billion into 1 bank acct. Maybe the OP idea, with a limit of 125 million max selling price. Anyone else that wants to sell for more than that has to find another way to do it.
Possibly but I dont think that would really be a problem. As is right now they have their gold stored on vendors. I dont know why anybody would want it taking up bank storage instead of on a vendor. But ya, weather they do it with a 125 mil limit or allow you to exceed that I just really think it would be a handy option to have.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 9, 2002
Las Vegas

I like this alot, it would make selling a home so much easier.

A

Azazel of LA

That has got to be one of the best Ideas I seen on the board in a long time , you should send this in to the dev team and someone needs to mention this at a town hall meeting.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Yes yes, I agree there would need be a limit. Also I think current rules for decay would have to remain the same to avoid cheap land grabbing and what not.

It would also cut back on security issues with brokers and the like.

I am also some what a transient, I move from spot to spot always looking to upgrade my home and what not.

This idea would make finding a better spot much easier I am all for it.

I think it would be a total win.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I love this idea it would really help when you don't have time to sit at the bank and sell it.

chrisjwhite

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Great Idea. Could also have it so marked runes would be the same bright blue color with coordinates for the house.

If the option to sell contents or keep contents part, All the contents could go into a moving crate in your bank, then when you place the new house it automatically, or asks to put the crate into the new house. Maybe even X-Shard with the crate.

Maybe the Carpenters locations could have a BulitenBoard with homes for sale, and they could transport you to the location when you click on one on the list.