• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client House placement / Resize with Classic Client!

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanna put up a warning for thoose of you that consider to resize (or place new house plot with classic client).

This happend in Luna / Drachenfeld last night.

I used resize command to prevent others from placing on the plot. The original plot size was 11*14, but it was space for 12*14 on the same plot. Everything looked fine, house was emtied - finally got the gump to work....and the the nightmare started!

Anyhow I tried to place, I got several strange messages. First housing could not be created in this area, then it stated it was a obstructle blocking. The last message came on every way I tried to place. Even the last size was not possible.

I had a GM come there, he investigated the area and it should not be any hidden objects at all. He made a new case for this for seniors and escalated it. I managed to place a small plot 10*8 - was the max size I was allowed.

After over a hr with GM and he try to solve it, it was no other solution than to wait for today and have a Senior GM look at it.

After GM left, I thought - I will do one last try. I loaded enhanced client and patched that, so I could try there too!

Used resize gump in classic client, and got same message it was a obstructle blocking. Logged out of Classic Client, and into Enhanced Client - and voila!!! No problem, on first try I placed 12*14 with no problems!

So - clearly, it is a bug in classic client with house placing. This plot was so basicly out of the book, and open and clear area - it should not have been any problems....

In this post - some players posted reasons;

Borric said:
If the game play area is not in the upper left corner, and I mean all the way into the upper left corner, you will have problems placing houses in the classic client.​
Borric is absolutely correct.

The gameplay window HAS to be the top left of your screen or the placement gets shifted off. I worked with a guildmate once who had this issue. Could NOT place a house for anything. I logged into his acct, plopped the house down and logged out. The difference we determined was his gameplay window being moved around and I had it at the very top left. I've recreated this issue. Its been known for YEARS.
Hope you can look into this and fix it.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This problem only occurs when the game play area within the classic client window is not in the upper left corner.
After selecting the house type in the house placement tool menu, the ghost will be attached to the game cursor with an offset too far left / up - calculated as if the game play area would have been in the upper left corner.
Due to this, when finally placing the house after aligning the ghost visually, the coordinates transmitted to the server are not congruent to the ghost seen in the game window.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hope you can look into this and fix it.
I was able to reproduce the issue where you were able to place a larger house when using the enhanced client and have submitted a problem report in to the system.

The second issue related to the gameplay window position affecting the ghost image and placement cursor is a known issue that is already in the system.