• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

house ownership trouble

• Thread starter happydictates
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

happydictates

i recently reactivated my account after years off. the first thing i did after activation was place a house where my log cabin had sat long ago. i was a little annoyed with the process because the house placement tool was not giving me a preview of the lot before placement and i had to wait about 2 hours (1 hour between 3 placements) until i got exactly what i wanted.

about 8 days later ive found an area i like even more and placed a house, condemning my old house - no problem, i knew it would happen. after a bit of customization, i decided i wanted something larger and demolished the house thinking i could try to fit something larger in the spot, find a different spot, or, if all else failed, just fill the spot with what id just demolished.

unforunately, i did this expecting the 1 hour timer between placements i experienced during my first house placement. now the game is saying i cannot place a new house because i just took ownership of one - but i have no house! my old house drops in 5 days (along with my stuff) and i cannot place a new house for another 7 days. i contacted a GM who said very politely said "i dont care and we wont help" and sent me a bunch of links to nothing clarifying why i previously had 1 hour wait timers between placement and now i have 7 days.

i suppose i could try to find someone willing to store my stuff, but ive been gone for a long time and dont know anybody. so now im asking if you guys have any advice. any ideas on what i can do to keep all my stuff from dumping out of the house besides handing it all over to a complete stranger?

T

Tazar

The placement timer was put in to help block the scripting idoc campers. In your case, rather than demolish and replace it, if you stand under the house sign and say "I wish to resize my house", it clears the plot (so move out items first), then reserves the land for you for one hour so you can replace the plot as you like undisturbed.

Sorry to hear you missed out on that rule change.

You can pack up the items in your backpacks, and see if you can get a beetle for each character to ride (adding 125 more storage per character). Beyond that, you might try using a boat, but I do not know the current rules on those as far as refresh rates, etc.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boats, blue beetles, and spare characters backpacks. If you try dropping the condemned house you might be able to place a new one since you have no house on that account - but then again you may still be stuck on the timer. I would try packing everything up, toss whatever you don't need (like 100 sewing kits or easily replaceable furniture). Drop the house and then try to put a new one down. Good luck!