• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hotel Horseshoe

• Thread starter LynneOfMagincia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

LynneOfMagincia

“Thank you for the hospitality.” She was sure she imagined the lilt in Ifan's voice. She had to of because the man never talked in anything other than a flat monotone.

“My pleasure.” Customary and polite, she smiled as if to reinforce the sentiment.

“Zoe is always up at the crack of sunlight making breakfast should you want it.” Ifan nodded, his brown eyes giving a cursory glance to the surroundings in which he would be lodged for the time being. “It's relatively quiet most days. So you should have some peace. I myself am offsite most of the afternoon's lately as I have a few projects I am working on. If you need me, send a seagull. They will know how to track me.”

“This will be sufficient.”

Ifan was taller and solid. Even at a few feet away Lynne felt as though pipe music should be playing in the background. It was an odd turn of events that had the slightly scarred ex-Umbran leader in her residence. Odder still that she herself had volunteered to house him.

“I should get going. Have a good evening.” She really didn't give him the chance to answer before she had slid the wooden door open, exiting the room.

- - - - - - - -

Ten minutes later she arrived at the other end of the island. Construction and decoration complete, the rune library and healing center would open shortly. One of four buildings having undergone renovation recently, Lynne's fingers thrummed with the pulse of what was about to be a great accomplishment. Slowly but surely, Magincia was returning to normal. Ifan's stay at the Horseshoe would prove interesting to say the least. Sanity, stability, and even keel were never Umbran born traits. Ifan was no different.

And you spent years there, so what does that make you, she thought to herself.

“Glutton for punishment.” was her answer aloud.