• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hot air balloons and Gypsy Wagons...

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(***Disclaimer*** - I do not personally care about these things, but this idea just popped into my head.)

So, listening to the interview Capt. Lucky posted here...
New Chat Posted With Broadsword Team | Stratics
there appears to be a running joke about hot air balloons.

A lot of people seem to be interested in this, so why don't you all consider adding hot air balloon models and gypsy wagon models?

Scale them to the same size as a model ship, but just leave them as models, not usable vehicles. You could also return tents to the game with tent models. Almost like the model houses that were given out years ago.

It'd be like a whole little model village.

Hell, you could make the canvas parts colored and have some colors be uncommon or rare. (You could actually do this with ship models too! More collectibles!)

Put them in as anniversary rewards, or better yet, sell a token for a random model for $3 in the store. With some being rare, people would have to buy bunches to get the one they really, really wanted.

Anyway, maybe this would satisfy some peoples desire to have these, without having to actually put vehicles in the game.

And we could stop hearing about damnedable air balloons. :yell:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The art for a gypsy wagon has been in the clients for several years.

Just say'n.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, static, no animation, not from all possible viewing directions, no functionality behind it...
I don't think they need to go all out with animation to make a fun gypsy wagon. It doesn't have to move. It could work like a ship--have a single secure box and have to be refreshed--and maybe have a single vendor slot. Or they could make it a pre-fab selection in the housing tool so you could place a tiny wagon as your house.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hot air balloons will never happen. Flying causes major problems in UO. The flying nightmare thing hasn't been forgotten by Broadsword.

The wagons seem pointless to me. Might as well bring back tents.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A few posts have been removed from this thread. Let's keep discussion of gypsies limited to RP rather than offensive RL stereotypes, please. Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still say we should have Elephants that act like "Land Boats" where you and your friends can climb onboard and go for a hunt. Would be cool. Just saying.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No..UO is fine the way it is.[\s]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't think they need to go all out with animation to make a fun gypsy wagon. It doesn't have to move. It could work like a ship--have a single secure box and have to be refreshed--and maybe have a single vendor slot. Or they could make it a pre-fab selection in the housing tool so you could place a tiny wagon as your house.
My little goblin personally asked the dark lady... was even so bold as to politely argue the point a wee bit when she visited Chessie.

All to no avail, of course. :sad4:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
forget adding new stuff. we need more people to play with what we have.
just combine all shards and be done with it...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
forget adding new stuff. we need more people to play with what we have.
just combine all shards and be done with it...
I would be for this, if only the players who want this done are the only players that lose their housing & items once the shards are combined.:spider:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Least add the gypsy wagon parts to the house customizing menu. So we are able to least build the wagons on our house plots