• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

horrid lag

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been going for a week.
i get a 40s ping to the server but i cant run, 2 steps, stop, 2 steps, stop :(

T

Thrand Graywolf

Yep. weird lag, too.

Sometimes there'd be a 3-5 second delay in me saying something or dragging a health bar while I could still see other people walking around. It started on LS somewhere around 9pm Central and seems to be getting worse. Been booted from the game twice now and having trouble getting logged back in this time. Everybody I've talked to on LS is saying the same thing, from people on the west coast to the east coast.

Something is definitely out of whack.

B

BartofCats

probably the dupers making more stuff to sell... i too have noticed some bad lag as well. makes life harder doing mel.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Five of us living in Texas all couldn't stay connected tonight, or even talk with the lag spikes, we were on Catskills.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ditto on Catskills. Lost con every 5 mins and could see people moving while I was stuck frozen. Time to call it a night and sleep. This is the first night it has been this bad.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep guildmate gets kicked after less than a minute and I can't get past connecting on LS

S

Syfka

It was the same way on Atlantic i got booted three different times in my own house there is definitely something up

S

Syfka

I am in the DFW area and lost conecction three times and finally said "F#!* it"

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guildie asked if I was having packet loss issues, so I checked my ping...50% packet loss average and 1400 average ping. Needless to say I wont be playing UO this evening. *sad face*

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In Kansas, was fine on Great Lakes from 3 to 9 central.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Our Networks and Servers are doing fine. It must be on your side *grins*"

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
about 6 of us were trying to train fighters today. the lag made it impossible. we had no idea this many people felt it. i was throwing potions (purple) after 2 seconds and they were blowing up on me.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had problems for weeks. But I think that my connection from Europe and what this thread covers are two different things.

A

AtlanteanAngel

Same with Formosa. Good ping on paper, but in practice - LAAAAAGGGGGGGGG FREEEEZZZZZZZEEEE LAAAAGGGGGGG FREEEZZZZZZEEEE (rinse & repeat)

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Our Networks and Servers are doing fine. It must be on your side *grins*"
It sounds like it really is on the players side. I love how the paranoid Stratics crowd thinks nothing on the internet ever screws up besides the EA servers.

B

Beowulf of LS

I think it had to do w/hundreds of thousands watchin the boring convention on the internet all at the same time....

Cuz me (from Texas) and ppl i know from California & New York all had big problems last night. It wasn't just on UO too.

I dusted off the ol xbox 360 and the frikin lag on xboxlive was horrible too...Prolly the worse I've ever experienced & the 1st time I haven't been able to play XBOX live since the big Halo 3 release which kept making xbox live crash cuz all the ppl loggining in at same time.

How about over seas? any of our mates across the ocean experience problems?

I'm 100% sure it was a U.S. problem

C

Cinnamon

I didn't catch the details, but it was not uo-specific, there was apparently some massive hardware failure at some internet hub somewhere last night. I'm sure there's news about it somewhere.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea we are from North Texas and definitely had/have lag issues. :sad4:

S

Sebrina

Yea we are from North Texas and definitely had/have lag issues. :sad4:
-Lot of people from Texas here. I'm in Austin. I've had the two-step lag for several days now, but figured that it was simply my wireless connections and my lack of memory on this laptop. I have not bothered to do a ping to find where the problem is. At least I know now that it wasn't just me.

-Yep, log on, take two steps, then nothing until (Lost Connection) - Tuesday, I tried for an hour to get a stable connection, and gave up after 6 boot-offs. It must be the Texas Boot-Skoot Boogie! :gun::wall: