• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hookah pipes =)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My very last post on this...

Its a argument ive had for many years with my own.... now late teenagers nay early 20s kids...the same old ...old same....big up the weed and your beer is the devils doom and weed is the lords blessing to us all ...its an argument i can never win..its an argument ive never won...its a age thing i guess....but as a father of 3 and granfather of one... the statement rings true...wont be badgered into any more posts here...i cannot win a hoard that have been brainwashed themselves .....so yes and no ...ur right and wrong .... i cannot win...and u cannot concede....been there so many times ...

beer is the devils doom whilst smoking weed as been sent from the heavens by the lord himself as a blessing to all so rejoice .

Just say NO to drugs kids....

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ugg i give up.....hate all yall want...ima hit this pipe and laugh about it :p
Again you're jumping to a conclusion. There is no need for hate. It's a big world with lots of incredible possibilities and variation. Maybe some of us know from personal experience what is being stated, maybe not. Maybe someone is posting because what they saw on their side of the box is very different that what you see on your side of the box.

Just listen to your body.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My very last post on this...

Its a argument ive had for many years with my own.... now late teenagers nay early 20s kids...the same old ...old same....big up the weed and your beer is the devils doom and weed is the lords blessing to us all ...its an argument i can never win..its an argument ive never won...its a age thing i guess....but as a father of 3 and granfather of one... the statement rings true...wont be badgered into any more posts here...i cannot win a hoard that have been brainwashed themselves .....so yes and no ...ur right and wrong .... i cannot win...and u cannot concede....been there so many times ...

beer is the devils doom whilst smoking weed as been sent from the heavens by the lord himself as a blessing to all so rejoice .

Just say NO to drugs kids....
Oh Hell i'm deep in it then because I enjoy Both.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As someone who's worked in the Emergency Room for years.... what I can say is give me someone who's had some dope over a drunk ANY day of the week. Drunks are FAR more likely to be violent and unpredictable than someone who's been smoking dope.

I don't much care for either vice... but hands down I'd rather deal with the pothead. Also as someone who grew up in the house of an alcoholic... again I've seen first hand what that does.... give me the the pothead...

Though I will say having been married to the drug addict for 8 years that's a trip I'd rather not repeat either... Drugs kill. Not pot maybe but it was his "stepping stone" so to speak to harder and harder things seeking the high that eventually ended his life. Spending 5 days watching someone die of a drug overdose is not something I wish on anyone. Fortunately we were no longer married when he opted to end his life whether it was intentional or not. All I can say is he left a father torn to pieces, 2 children to grow up without a parent, and several brothers and sisters to mourn. He was only 32 years old... went from being a very fit very strong man to a thin frail thing that lay in a coma... I honestly would never have recognized him had he not had distinctive tattoo's. Our kids were only 5 and 11 at the time... Not something I wish on anyone... I would not wish for any father to lose their child, would not wish any child to lose their father... and I would not wish any family to have to go through what his did. Wake up call for some... and an excuse for others.

I won't advocate any drug.... but I will say it's a game. I'd rather like a hooka pipe. People have role-played smoking pipes and such since day one of UO... don't think it would hurt at all.

Konquer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Gotta love it. Once again a difference of opinion is taken as personal attacks. This mindset echoes in reflection across our entire nation.

Here's my stance... Weed good, beer good, liquor good.

As long as an individuals actions doesn't affect you then who cares if you their booty bumping crack cocaine behind the 7/11. Just live and let live.

*sorry to resurrect an old thread but I love a good debate and horribly bored at work*

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's a game. As far as real life, well, I came of age in the '60s and have formed some opinions over time: (1) I personally prefer to keep a clear head, (2) I rarely offer unsolicited advice to anyone over 18, and (3) John Morgan probably wouldn't like me.

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i was born in the wrong time.....i should have been in my prime in the 60's im such a Hippie......plus the music was just killer Temptations, Cream, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Who, CCR, Otis Redding , the Animals, the four tops and that beautiful Lizard King Jim Morrison .....i could go on for days about the music.....

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have to try alcohol to know that it can be very dangerous. I live in Tennessee. We frequently read and see reports of children (and some apparently very, very stupid adults) who have ended up in the emergency room because of consuming alcoholic products. Sadly, one of the repercussions of living in a state where alcohol is "legal" under state law is that you can no longer bring home-made drinks to school for classroom treats because there is apparently too much risk of dumb people slipping alcohol into the drinks and someone deliberately or accidentally getting them into the hands of unsuspecting and innocent children.

Another repercussion of living in a state where alcohol is "legal" is seeing the effect it has had on Halloween trick-or-treating. A lot of people were very concerned about the real possibility that idiots would pass out candy that is filled with alcohol and would be very difficult to distinguish from normal jelly filled candy.

The people who wanted alcohol to be legal here got what they wanted. They effectively used the argument that a lot of money was being "wasted" trying to arrest and prosecute people for possessing small amounts of alcohol to convince people who have never used alcohol or even wanted to use it to vote for legalization. Time will tell whether or not it was a smart move overall for the people of this state and most especially for children in the state who run a higher risk than children in other states of being exposed to and unwittingly consuming acohol-infused drinks of various types and/or being exposed to alcoholic drinks both pre- and postnatally.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and for the sake of realism...hookahs are not for smoking pot. Very middle eastern tradition...Also known as narghile, shisha and goza, a hookah is a water pipe with a smoke chamber, a bowl, a pipe and a hose. Huge influx of hookah bars in the Chicago area, never bothered going in, if I want to smoke, I open my pack of cigs and smoke where ever I am.

Maybe for all of the 420s out there, you'd be better off asking for bongs...which I believe already have graphics in-game...la
I remember using quite a few in the Near East last time I was there and all were tobacco. I would suggest apple flavored if you have a choice.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^^^^ this is the exact reason i turned to something natural. i live in the Oxy capital of the world. over 20 people i graduated with in 01 have died due to pills, hundreds arrested on drug related charges and stealing to fuel their habits. the reason it is called hillbilly heroin is because the county i live in and the 3 surrounding it "ever watched the wild wonderful whites?" yeah im from there.......
You must live near mining country. I'm right outside that ring in shake n bake land.