• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hookah pipes =)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
does she have an accent and is she saying 'a hooker with pipes"?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hmmm. those days are long past. i'm not totally on board with this idea but if they are added to the game they should give the following buffs when you partake:
  • you can eat as much as you want and never get full until the effects wear off
  • if you pvp or pvm while under the influence you get a 50% decrease in swing speed and/or hci
  • if you attempt to recall while under the influence you may be transported to a random location
i guess the devs would also need to add a new potted plant (perhaps a weed) to the game. hahaha.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hmmm. those days are long past. i'm not totally on board with this idea but if they are added to the game they should give the following buffs when you partake:
  • if you pvp or pvm while under the influence you get a 50% decrease in swing speed and/or hci
  • if you attempt to recall while under the influence you may be transported to a random location
i guess the devs would also need to add a new potted plant (perhaps a weed) to the game. hahaha.
Should also take you a few attempts to go into war mode.... as you'll be all mellow. Maybe it could be the new area peace effect that lasts like as long as the smoke does?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well, they did give us a grinder.
bag'o shake anyone?

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We definitely don't need drugs in our game, keep that trash where it belongs - in the gutter.
because weeds is a "gutter " drug......... pfft get real, you've been brainwashed by the government. Alcohol and Ciggs are way more damaging to the body than weed ever could be. Im so glad our country is finally starting to wake up and see the benefits of its use. As with anything it can be used in excess, but i for one would much , much rather hit a pipe of some home grown weed than take some lab created concoction for my nerves any day of the week...........smoke em if ya got em!

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better tunes would be great, peanut butter, pop tarts, mountain dew, munchies!!!!! Sitting on the floor would be awesome! On that level so would being able to sit on say a half wall. I could build a sunken fire pit.
Maybe a banjo, guitar, so we can sit around the fire, chill with your favorite beverage or such. Body paint! I want 60s era flowers painted on my cheeks.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
:woman:
because weeds is a "gutter " drug......... pfft get real, you've been brainwashed by the government. Alcohol and Ciggs are way more damaging to the body than weed ever could be. Im so glad our country is finally starting to wake up and see the benefits of its use. As with anything it can be used in excess, but i for one would much , much rather hit a pipe of some home grown weed than take some lab created concoction for my nerves any day of the week...........smoke em if ya got em!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's pretty sad isn't it how backwards we have gone. When I first started to play UO we could 'dance' and 'faint' and do all sorts of things, now, pfft. Backwards!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a real thread....really?? so may lifes have been ruined from starting puffing on a few joints...then...then ....jesus....[lock]

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a real thread....really?? so may lifes have been ruined from starting puffing on a few joints...then...then ....jesus....[lock]
No it's okay, Stratics supports drug use now. As evidenced by this thread remaining open.

But god forbid someone asks for flintlocks to go with the cannons we already have in game, SQUELCH THAT IMMEDIATELY

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and for the sake of realism...hookahs are not for smoking pot. Very middle eastern tradition...Also known as narghile, shisha and goza, a hookah is a water pipe with a smoke chamber, a bowl, a pipe and a hose. Huge influx of hookah bars in the Chicago area, never bothered going in, if I want to smoke, I open my pack of cigs and smoke where ever I am.

Maybe for all of the 420s out there, you'd be better off asking for bongs...which I believe already have graphics in-game...la

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
really, cause people who puff on a joint are the cause of all the DUI deaths, and weed is the #1 cause of cancer?.....the game has booze, even has a moon shine still....already has a bong.....and weed is legal in allot of places now..... so umm no not LOCK......i want a pretty pipe for my caterpillar .......and weed is just like anything else , if you wanna be a glutton with it then of course the results could be bad....they can be with anything..........................ill smoke to that!

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
;)
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small
When did Goblins learn to Type and Spell so Well ???

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When logic and proportion have fallen softly dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the door mouse said
Keep your head,
Keep your head

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
smoke ya freaking head off on ya cheap/ free pot .....just god help u at the next progressive stage..u know..it makes cabbages out of clever people.. thatss the law

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
smoke ya freaking head off on ya cheap/ free pot .....just god help u at the next progressive stage..u know..it makes cabbages out of clever people.. thatss the law
First let's break down your statement:
"smoke ya freaking head off on ya cheap/ free pot" Cheap nor free applies and immediately demonstrates you have no idea what you are talking about.
"it makes cabbages out of clever people" Odd I have partaken in the consumption for quite a many years, yet have not become brain dead. You seem to assume that anyone that smokes is a pothead. That to me, would be like someone stating that anyone who has a drink is an alcoholic. Which of course would be inaccurate.

Now a personal rant:

I've seen what alcohol does to people who abuse it first hand growing up. It's ugly, destructive, and can decimate a family faster than most things. In the industry that I work in, pain pills are the prevailing vice. I've seen men who were at top physical peak become shadows of themselves by taking and becoming addicted to these pills that were suppose to help them. We have all seen in the news people literally become crazed enough to KILL for these pills.
What I'm getting at, in case you have missed my point, is that while yes, marijuana is certainly not healthy for you there are a plethora of vices that are much much worse. However just like anything else, when abused it can indeed have serious adverse health effects. However when used responsibly it can be quite enjoyable with less irritating side effects...

End Rant

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how any protest against drug use gets people out of the woodwork to rant and rave about ALCOHOL ALCOHOL ALCOHOL SO BAD OH MY GOD BAD ALCOHOL WEED SO GOOD BY COMPARISON as if someone who's anti-drug is also a lush by default.

Reactions: THP

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like how any protest against drug use gets people out of the woodwork to rant and rave about ALCOHOL ALCOHOL ALCOHOL SO BAD OH MY GOD BAD ALCOHOL WEED SO GOOD BY COMPARISON as if someone who's anti-drug is also a lush by default.
Actually I use alcohol as an example simply due to the fact that it is indeed most prevalent.

Now let's break down your comment:

"I like how any protest against drug use gets people out of the woodwork to rant and rave about ALCOHOL ALCOHOL ALCOHOL SO BAD OH MY GOD BAD ALCOHOL WEED SO GOOD BY COMPARISON"

No where did I state that alcohol is bad nor did I state weed was good. To summarize what I stated above it's not necessarily the vice that's the issue, but the abuse of the vice that leads to most of the problems.

"as if someone who's anti-drug is also a lush by default"

Just reread my post to see if anything could be taken that way from what I posted... Your going to have to spell this one out for me... maybe I'm becoming a cabbage after all ...

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First let's break down your statement:
"smoke ya freaking head off on ya cheap/ free pot" Cheap nor free applies and immediately demonstrates you have no idea what you are talking about.
"it makes cabbages out of clever people" Odd I have partaken in the consumption for quite a many years, yet have not become brain dead. You seem to assume that anyone that smokes is a pothead. That to me, would be like someone stating that anyone who has a drink is an alcoholic. Which of course would be inaccurate.

Now a personal rant:

I've seen what alcohol does to people who abuse it first hand growing up. It's ugly, destructive, and can decimate a family faster than most things. In the industry that I work in, pain pills are the prevailing vice. I've seen men who were at top physical peak become shadows of themselves by taking and becoming addicted to these pills that were suppose to help them. We have all seen in the news people literally become crazed enough to KILL for these pills.
What I'm getting at, in case you have missed my point, is that while yes, marijuana is certainly not healthy for you there are a plethora of vices that are much much worse. However just like anything else, when abused it can indeed have serious adverse health effects. However when used responsibly it can be quite enjoyable with less irritating side effects...

End Rant
^^^^ this is the exact reason i turned to something natural. i live in the Oxy capital of the world. over 20 people i graduated with in 01 have died due to pills, hundreds arrested on drug related charges and stealing to fuel their habits. the reason it is called hillbilly heroin is because the county i live in and the 3 surrounding it "ever watched the wild wonderful whites?" yeah im from there.......anyway to the haters...i refuse to be a slave to any kind of pill. pain pill, nerve pill, blood pressure pill.....you can regulate your body with out that lab created nonsense. Pot has amazing medicinal purposes, and when used correctly can be a great benefit. now do i smoke every so often to get high, of course i do but do people not drink on occasion to just get drunk? dont bash something based on the on what has been drilled into your head through the years, to truly form your own opinion on something you have to first partake otherwise its only repeated hearsay.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dont bash something based on the on what has been drilled into your head through the years, to truly form your own opinion on something you have to first partake otherwise its only repeated hearsay.

I'm going to jump to the conclusion that you've jumped to the conclusion that because someone doesn't agree with you means to you that they have no experience.

Experience is the best teacher as they say.

Peace.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they will be doing the '''give us some respect'' routine next...jesus....ive seen and heard it all

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they will be doing the '''give us some respect'' routine next...jesus....ive seen and heard it all
At least tina and amber have brought legitamite concerns. You have done nothing but troll and sputter half sentences. (Funny how this thread turned from being about a neat graphic idea... granted neat being my opinion, into a mj debate.). As far as tinas concerns i actually see her points and understand. I do want to say that the legalization of mj will certainly have financial benifits accrossed the board. As far as edible and thc oils please realize these are concentrated versions of thc. I dont really consider those pot they are chemically enhanced (hash oil uses isopropynol to concentrate the thc.) I am curious where there any reports of someone actually putting crap in candy for halloween? Personally i think anyone that does that should be put in jail as i believe most sane people would. I also contend that those people are in the vast minority and we should never bend or change because of a few *****.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and i hang around with plenty of folks who dont smoke. Nothing at all wrong with that. As a matter of fact the less vices the better. Some people like a cold beer or a nice glass of wine to unwind from a long day. Some folks like to spark a bowl. Personally i dont feel either are wrong.