Honor, then attack honored creature macro?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
I have UO:A in addition to UO... I was just wondering, does anyone know of a way using one of the two to honor something, then attack it? The idea is if I have five creatures around me, and I kill my currently honored creature, I'd like to quickly switch (before I damage it) my honor to another creature, then start attacking it. It doesn't matter which creature I choose, just as long as the honor sticks with it.

That way I can (hopefully) kill one, gain the HP from it, kill the next one, gain the HP, in a sort of chain.

Thanks for any thoughts.

G

I would suggest you use UO macros...

Invoke virtue
Honour

at that point you can either clickthe monster you want to honor.....(I use this system)

Or go with one of the closest aggressive....or closest enemy choices. ( you will have to scroll through and find the one that works best for you.

I just use the first part and targets any monster I want...then I double click their gump to attack! Fast and easy!

TW

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
I tried that, but I struggled picking out one single monster when several were around me. Thanks for your thoughts though.

P

phantomB

don't you have to let the monster hit you first for honor to work?

I

imported_Farsight

What I do is I have two normal UO macros.
The first is the already described invoke honor.
The second is simply "attack last."
I'm not picky about who I honor, just so long as honor is had.

It isn't as simple as the one keystroke macro, but it's pretty simple.

R

Ravenspyre

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]No.

I

imported_zeroshade

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]No.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you do gain more honor if the monster is honored and they hit you first

R

Ravenspyre

That is true, though it's not so much of a gain that you will notice it.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 2, 2006
In UO Macros

1. SelectNext - Mobile
2. InvokeVirtue - Honor
3. WaitForTarget
4. CurrentTarget

I use this for building up honor on sucubus in the Fan Dancer Domo. Might work for you too.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
<blockquote><hr>

In UO Macros

1. SelectNext - Mobile
2. InvokeVirtue - Honor
3. WaitForTarget
4. CurrentTarget

I use this for building up honor on sucubus in the Fan Dancer Domo. Might work for you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks like what I was looking for! Thanks!

Reactions: Ghost of Gramps
G

I was using that very macro, and it works well as long as one does not use healing a lot and the terrain is fairly level and the mobs do not fly. With the healing skill I tend to end up honoring myself a lot because it mixes up the targeting. On uneven terrain and with flying mobs it usually fails to find anything to target.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I use Invoke Virtue - Honor on one macro and attack last on another macro.

If the issue is hitting the next thing before you've honored it theres several things you can do...

-disarm when the first targets dies
-move away when the first target dies
-or much easier, honor the second monster before the first dies and use momentum strike to kill both at once.

If theres many monsters on you like 3+ I usually just keep counter attack &amp; momentum strike up and it soon kills everything without bothering with protection. A lot of people took parry off because of the evasion changes but imo counter attack and evasion are still very worthwhile.

This invasion in particular with all the archers teleporting your kills away from you makes life leeching hard for meleers, would have died a lot if not for evasion.