• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Honor Guard

EM Autolycus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As part of the Royal Britannian Guard system on LS, we hope to start a sort of Honor/Ceremonial Guard unit. Those of you at the last scheduled Sunday Drills heard all about the idea...and those of you who've actually participated in the drills should be ready to jump right in!

This unit will meet up as often as possible to practice their drills and marching. We hope to use the unit during special ceremonies, possible funerals (after all, people are always dieing in this game), and the like.

The Honor Guard will be player organized, and player led. It is our hope to promote more involvement and leadership, this way. Also, it allows you all to meet without having to acquiesce to EM Aname and my own personal schedules. Frequent practice makes perfect!

So, for now, let's get some discussion going. Who would be interested in joining this special unit? It will require dedication and discipline... but everyone deserves a try if they want it.

vexyvixen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello. I am Snowbird on Lake Superior. I will be happy to do it as long as the meetings are during the day (not too early in the morning and not late at night). I'm not sure if there is a set time for it or not. Will being in the Honor Guard replace our regular Guard duties? I wouldn't want to leave my current Guard position.

EM Autolycus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy, SnowBird!

Meeting timing would be up to you all. Members of the unit will be responsible for setting their own training schedules. I am certain that there is no universal time of day that will suit all members, so it may be a good idea to form training groups based on scheduling. EM Aname and myself will help in getting the unit started, along with a preliminary meeting or two, but after that... it is all you! :danceb:

And, no, the Honor Guard will not replace your current Guard duties. It will be in addition. Honor Guards may still attach to a combat division.

D

Divayth Fyr

Hello! Private Bacardi here requesting to join the Honor Guard. I feel as if I would be a great addition to the team. :danceb: