• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hollow Prism???

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm asking for anyones advice on where to get/make a hollow prism. I don't know where it is found or earned or whatever. Please "hook me up" with the advice on how to get this item.

I would really appricate the help. Thank you.

Hollow Prism

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow...so.........no-one knows? I guess I should ask:

Has ANYONE ever succsefully recharged a talisman?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glass blower makes the hollow prism then tink makes it to the jeweled one.
You need to make enchanted switches think think does that too. It has been such a long time since I made the taliment recharge things, I think there is a third part but I don't remember I haven't made any in over a year.

G

Seems to me you´re looking for the thing called "Runed Switch". They´re a pain in the butt to make.

We sell those at RSA Mall for 2 K each.

G

Runed switch is the most crafting intensive item in the game, you need 6 skills:

Mining to mine the sand
glassblowing (speciality of alchemy) to turn the sand into a hollow prism
inscription to turn the hollow prism into a runed prism
Lumber jack to get a switch, then inscription again to make it runed
tinkering to make a jewelled filligree
and finally carpentry to put the whole thing together.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow...that rocks. Thank you all very much for the feedback. It helps lots!

Special thanks to Jerimiah, for all the PMs on the issue.

G

I made lots of runed switches, mostly for fun, because my 2 chars had all the skills between them, but no one ever needed them. I couldn't even give them away. I think I ended up dumping them out on the ground by a bank when I dropped a house. Do people actually use them to recharge their talisman?

*edit*

LOL...found this old post by someone:

<blockquote><hr>

how to make 10 Runed Switches...

On GM Miner (with sand mining ability)
Collect 80 sand

On GM Lumberjack
Collect 10 switches

On GM Alchemist (with glassblowing ability)
Create 10 Hollow Prisms
Requires: 80 sand

On GM Inscriber
Create 10 Runed Prisms
Requires: 1 Hollow Prism, 1 blank scroll, 1 spider silk, 1 black pearl

Create 10 Enchanted Switches
Requires: 1 blank scroll, 1 spiders silk, 1 black pearl, 1 switch

On GM Tinker
Create 10 Jeweled Filigrees
Requires: 2 ingots, 1 star sapphire, 1 ruby

On GM Carpenter
Create 10 Runed Switches
Requires: 1 Enchanted Switch, 1 Runed Prism, 1 Jeweled Filigree, 2 boards/logs

At any stage you may fail to make an item and so may need extra ingredients. And, of course, most of the ingredients don't stack so you will get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from all the clicking and dragging.

Who was the nutter that came up with this recipe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that last sentence...I think the devs who created ML had connections in the carpal tunnel syndrome treatment industry.

The sand collection is the worst IMO. I have always thought, with bottles available for 15GP each from NPC vendors (10GP for cheap faction town) as time consuming as it is to dig up sand, and the nuisance that it doesn't stack in your pack...making ONE bottle for ONE sand pile, is insane. That is basically a wasted option in the glassblowing menu. Also, having to haul your crafter out to gargoyle city, just to buy a crummy glass blowing pipe that might have 30 uses on it if you are lucky...grrrr...but I digress.

I also hated how component intensive it was to make these. While the switches themselves stack, the runed switches do not (can't remember if the enchanted ones do). Also, the jeweled filigree do not stack.

If you use colored boards for that last step (2 boards) the runed switch retains the wood color, but it doesn't make the switch any more powerful from what I recall.

-Skylark

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do. I use my bless item on my talisman of clean bandage summoning. That way after I get my butt kicked and killed I can rez my pet even though others have looted all my bandies.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need some too. my crafter does not have all the skills needed to make em. i can get the switchs and sand...

Skylark, you back playing?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Skylark, you back playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, still just lurking with 2 open accounts.

-Skylark

G

I have 3 runed switches, I took them off the vendor because they didn't sell.

I can mine the sand. I can't make the prisms. I can't inscribe the prisms, nor the switches, but my husband's char can. I can chop the switches, make the jewelled filigrees and put them together.

All we need is an alchemist who's read the glass blowing book.

M

Maleeka

Crafter's Corner can make them. I've just never seen much of a demand for them. *smiles*

M

Maleeka

I think 2K per is fair considering the work. Should I make some up tonight? *smiles*