• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holiday houseing tile Idea

• Thread starter Lore Master
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Do you want the option to costumize using holiday tiles?

• Total voters
L

Lore Master

I know we have holiday decorations which is nice but i do not see any option while costumizeing our houses to make our house look and feel like a true decorated Christmas house inside and out or a true creepy haunted Halloween house inside and out or what have you.
  • so i say give us tiles and with working Christmas lights, snow, icicles, spider webs, coffins, mummies, Vampires, vampire bats, creepy walls or what have you just to name a few possibilities. something that would make our house look like a genuine creepy haunted house or a genuine beautiful Christmas type house of course those are just two holidays the best for decorating i am open to other holidays and other looks too.
I will make this a poll so please feel free to vote or comment thanks.

L

Lore Master

one thig to add a haunted house and a halloween house can be two differnt things so perhaps the haunted house look can be year round and perhaps the halloween house look can be during halloween time just a possability. just wanted to add that

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those are WAY awesome ideas. I'd like to add a Christmas star... twinkling if they could. And of course I'm all for spider webs.... Hope they are part of the Halloween treats this year!... Think a few masks would be fun too...... Masks to make you look like a Minatar, Or a meer, or a Jukka, how about a gorilla mask?

Edit: I just thought of something else for Xmas I'd be nice if they added fruitcake and eggnog and stuff to things you can get from NPC's with begging during the holidays.

L

Lore Master

Those are WAY awesome ideas. I'd like to add a Christmas star... twinkling if they could. And of course I'm all for spider webs.... Hope they are part of the Halloween treats this year!... Think a few masks would be fun too...... Masks to make you look like a Minatar, Or a meer, or a Jukka, how about a gorilla mask?
thanks i try i would like that too in my opinion the more decos and the more costumized options the better.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I voted no. But I'm no Mr. Scrooge...

It's just a peeve of mine when online fantasy games celebrate real world holidays. At least some of them try to veil it under an in-game term that sorta fits the lore a little better... but still... its obvious that it's a "Christmas" thing or a "Valentine's" thing... I really dislike that personally.

Gosh, maybe I *am* a little bit Mr. Scrooge.

But that's how I feel! I can't help it. And neither can therapy. Believe me, I've tried!

R

RenaLynne

Im always for more customization features. This would be fun.

D

Demon Killer

I know we have holiday decorations which is nice but i do not see any option while costumizeing our houses to make our house look and feel like a true decorated Christmas house inside and out or a true creepy haunted Halloween house inside and out or what have you.
  • so i say give us tiles and with working Christmas lights, snow, icicles, spider webs, coffins, mummies, Vampires, vampire bats, creepy walls or what have you just to name a few possibilities. something that would make our house look like a genuine creepy haunted house or a genuine beautiful Christmas type house of course those are just two holidays the best for decorating i am open to other holidays and other looks too.
i voted yes and it shouldn't matter what time of year it is. it might sound crazy but i would love to have a house with a mixter of both christmas and halloween at the same time if done right you could get the Nightmare before christmas look which is a great movie. this would be so cool. great idea.

K

Katlene

I still want just a plain ole jack-o-lantern that lights up.
Carved with the scary eyes n mouth and it glows. that would make me a happy camper :D
And a stiring of xmas lights!

E

Evilminion

Add me to the list of Scrooges who don't want to see Christmas houses in May. But, then, I'm the same person who goes a little bit crazy over the fact that her real-world neighbors leave their blasted lights up year-round... :loser:

If a fantasy game absolutely must celebrate real-world holidays, I appreciate the attempt (such as with holiday trees that auto-revert to deeds) to contain 'em to the vicinity of the actual holiday. :lick:

WITH THAT SAID, however, I have to agree that there's a big difference between a Halloween house and a haunted house, particularly since the game is crawliing with undead. Haunted-house-specific tiles would be fabulous! :eek:

D

Dungeon Explorer

I love the idea i think this should be year round and there should be christmas tiles, haunted house tiles and halloween house tiles this would be sweet.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Only if they are seasonal only and after the season period ends the next log in your forced to customize the house or you can't leave it...Oh and the tiles have to cost 5x more and you don't get the gold back when you swap em back out....

C

Connor_Graham

I voted no. I see enough people that leave their damn Christmas lights (among other things) up all year long because they're too damn lazy to take them down then put them back up each year in RL. I sure don't want to see it in UO too.

L

Lore Master

I voted no. I see enough people that leave their damn Christmas lights (among other things) up all year long because they're too damn lazy to take them down then put them back up each year in RL. I sure don't want to see it in UO too.
personally i would perfer it to be year round but for those of you who vioted no because they dont want christmas lights and other things up year round suppose this what if once the halloween or christmas season ends our houses automatically reverts to the last design sort of like a timer on an idoc once the season ends the holiday design ends and the house converts to the old non holiday design look would that be acceptable?
  • so hopefully you can save your old design before createing a holiday design and save your holiday design too before the holiday season ends so you can do it every year if you want.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well how about a couple of special decorations that automagically change with the season. Just place it where you want and:

In October it's a Scarecrow
In December it's a Christmas Tree
In February it's a Cupid Statue
etc etc

The devs just assign a date for it to change on server up and bingo-bango, you've got a year-round decoration. Set it to some default that isn't holiday related when none are coming up.

But again, I must reiterate: I hate holiday decorations in online games. :scholar:

L

Lore Master

Well how about a couple of special decorations that automagically change with the season. Just place it where you want and:

In October it's a Scarecrow
In December it's a Christmas Tree
In February it's a Cupid Statue
etc etc

The devs just assign a date for it to change on server up and bingo-bango, you've got a year-round decoration. Set it to some default that isn't holiday related when none are coming up.

But again, I must reiterate: I hate holiday decorations in online games. :scholar:
i like that idea too.

X

XavierArcanus

I had to vote no, and let me explain why: I hate re-decorating after designing a new house. It sucks ;)

L

Lore Master

I had to vote no, and let me explain why: I hate re-decorating after designing a new house. It sucks ;)
i understand but to create a holiday house design would be optional meaning you don't have to make a holiday design house if you don't want to.

M

Mr Fix It

love the idea why not? if they are optional and if our house automatically converts to the old non holiday design when the season ends this shouldn't be a problem for anyone. but i do love the idea of having them as a year round thing i like the idea of haveing the nightmare before christmas look myself.