• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holiday Decoration Contest: Vote for Your Favorite!

Which Holiday Home Was Your Favorite?

• "How the Grinch Stole Chritmas," by Maximus

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • "Serpent Cross Tavern," by Woody

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • "Pixie Dust," by Cimber Preece

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • "Santa's Worshop," by Mystic

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • "Red & Purple Mini Mall," by Brew Cinnabar

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • "Ring the Bells, House of Chimes, A Christmas Memory," by Scarlet

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • "My Christmas House," by Renert

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • "Christmas Retreat," by Kimber

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly it is always nice to win but we wasnt out to win we wanted people to see our beautiful well done homes. yet it turned out to be a debate on how we are unfair because we decoed all three of our homes as one. These contest have always been who has the largest guild and who can get who to vote basicly a popularity contest. They are never based on deco which is sad. Their were alot of beautiful well decoed contestant homes in the contest. Like i said before one of my favorites was the house that was built as a cabin set in the snow scene. It reminded me of my dream home i will one day build in montana. I dont know who won the contest but congrats to who ever did and i really hope after all was said and done everyone enjoyed looking at our themed house "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" their was alot of time and effort put into making these homes look the way they do and we really enjoyed the great ooooohs and awwws we got for the effort we put in them.
THANK YOU ATLANTIC PUBLIC
Maximus

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yet it turned out to be a debate on how we are unfair because we decoed all three of our homes as one.
No, the debate was the unfair advantage in this POLL because of the photos posted of all three homes rather then just of the ONE home that was submitted.

Other then that I commend all of the effort put into everyones homes and can't convey enough how I think everyone deserves some sort of award. I would not go through the time and effort to decorate so much to just have to remove it for another competition, or after the holidays.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clay i must appoligize. I must of missed something i thought this was a debate of us decoing all 3 house when only 1 was entered. I did not realize it was a debate on the pictures taken. I do agree everyone should recieve an award for their effort. I personaly just enjoyed looking at all the houses. I think everyone done a wonderful job. Yet i still have my favorites hehe. Merry Christmas everyone.

T

Tribute House

The issue of the 3 homes was touched upon during the Halloween contest, but nowhere nearly debated as in this thread. My take on it (guys you gonna love this) SIZE DOES NOT MATTER :p. The contest is described as a decorative contest- It is the skill used to create the illusion, not the canvas to which it has been painted on.
My little 17x12 still got a nod from EM's during the Halloween contest (Ty BTW!) despite the amount of work space. Would a castle have an unfair advantage because of its dramatic proportions? Absolutly not. If it had been poorly decorated out of politeness I doubt a word would even be written. The same principal applies, had someone else submitted 3 crappily decorated, side-by-side monstrosities would anyone have actually said boo about it? The 3 houses are well done (and I know) a daunting advisary in deco contests, their charm lies in that they flow together (much like Vlad's Crystal Fen layout) but what won the EM award for her in the Halloween contest was her decorating skill, and the creativity used to implement her ideas, not the fact that she had 3 houses at her disposal.
I would like to see you enter the entire thing as one entity instead of claiming just 1 (thats really what it is anyways- a package house) ...And keep entering!! Competition is heathly,it keeps the rest of us deco junkies on our toes for new, mind bending ideas!
Theres my 2c

D

Dremwvr

Please, you are missing the whole issue. Its not about having 3 homes decorated. The issue is that they would not have been able to decorate one home the way they did all three. It is impossible with the floor layouts. They could not lay the mountain out like that and have the tower of buildings and the little hut and walkways in one single home. The floor tiles would not allow it. Thus, they would not have nearly the decoration they now have with the advantage they have. That is my issue. Let Ms. Smoocher the Deco Queen make one home look like that with all the different themes and I will vote for her!

N

Nastia Cross

So much venom over a deco contest. People need to calm down already. There is no need for the name calling and bashing that is going on. If you have an issue with how the contest is run, bring it to those that are running it, in this case the EMs. Public attacks just serve to annoy and alienate people and make the attackers look bad. Be thankful that someone is willing to run a contest and that people take the time out to decorate and share their designs with us.

To all entrants: well done and congrats on beautiful designs!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Please, you are missing the whole issue. Its not about having 3 homes decorated. The issue is that they would not have been able to decorate one home the way they did all three. It is impossible with the floor layouts. They could not lay the mountain out like that and have the tower of buildings and the little hut and walkways in one single home. The floor tiles would not allow it. Thus, they would not have nearly the decoration they now have with the advantage they have. That is my issue. Let Ms. Smoocher the Deco Queen make one home look like that with all the different themes and I will vote for her!
Which entry was yours?

D

Dremwvr

As I said before, and everyone knows that is reading these post, it is impossible to have the mountain and all the tall buildings and stacked Christmas trees and the different themes in just one of their homes. It is impossible. This was a clear advantage to all the other contestants considering you posted pics of three homes. It is meaningless now but at least you guys understand that their are other people in the game that do pay attention. As for Lord Clay of Aquinas. He is a beta member of the game and a really nice person. I know of hundreds of players he has helped thru the years. We all have a views and opinions. To all the contestants....it was great touring all the beautiful homes and I commend you for your time and efforts. Merry Christmas everyone!

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the comment Dremwvr. I'm really not a bad guy, I'm just sometimes to honest for my own good. And sometimes people can take offense to that.

Hopefully this will all end smoothly. But I have a feeling that it won't quite work out as well as originally intended.

T

Tribute House

Please, you are missing the whole issue. Its not about having 3 homes decorated. The issue is that they would not have been able to decorate one home the way they did all three. It is impossible with the floor layouts.
You are absolutly right in this, and i grasp that aspect of the argument. Just an enthusiast for customizing art. :)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue of the 3 homes was touched upon during the Halloween contest, but nowhere nearly debated as in this thread. My take on it (guys you gonna love this) SIZE DOES NOT MATTER :p. The contest is described as a decorative contest- It is the skill used to create the illusion, not the canvas to which it has been painted on.
My little 17x12 still got a nod from EM's during the Halloween contest (Ty BTW!) despite the amount of work space. Would a castle have an unfair advantage because of its dramatic proportions? Absolutly not. If it had been poorly decorated out of politeness I doubt a word would even be written. The same principal applies, had someone else submitted 3 crappily decorated, side-by-side monstrosities would anyone have actually said boo about it? The 3 houses are well done (and I know) a daunting advisary in deco contests, their charm lies in that they flow together (much like Vlad's Crystal Fen layout) but what won the EM award for her in the Halloween contest was her decorating skill, and the creativity used to implement her ideas, not the fact that she had 3 houses at her disposal.
I would like to see you enter the entire thing as one entity instead of claiming just 1 (thats really what it is anyways- a package house) ...And keep entering!! Competition is heathly,it keeps the rest of us deco junkies on our toes for new, mind bending ideas!
Theres my 2c

I have to agree with you. The fact that Miss Smoocher has three houses should make no difference whats so ever.

This is a CHRISTMAS DECO contest. So shouldn't we be concentrating on the deco that most reflected the holiday the event is about? I have read 95% of this thread and to be honest it sounds like a bunch of jealous people with nothing better to do than criticize a contest that is supposed to make people happy.

These homes were decorated for the spirit of the season. Whatever your beliefs are I am sure we can all agree that this is a time of love and family and friends. Why are you all ruining this contest for everyone by picking on a contestant for how many homes she has?

Although all the homes that were submitted were nice, only her homes had any sort of uncommon creativity and uniqueness about them. When I viewed the pics that were submitted I was expecting to be wowed. No offence to anyone or their love homes, but her houses were the only ones that actually impressed me. This is just my opinion and it has very little to do with how many homes there were or were not.

Miss Smoocher obviously spent a lot of time and energy into making something beautiful for the season. I have met this lady and she is very sweet, thoughtful and generous with her time and deco ideas. Why are you all stooping down to this level over a contest where the prize is a measly five mil?

Imo, she captured the holiday spirit of the Stratics boards very appropriately with "The Grinch".

Merry Christmas everyone.

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:wall:i must say it had been a hard past few months i have been down this season and found something to do and think about after all the losses i have gone throw. so i sunk all my time in to taking everything down build everything from the ground up worked hard on making it look its best. to get out of the funk i have been in and was really enjoying making other people happy with my deco. i don't care if i won i dint care if i was the last person in line for anything but to have someone come to my house and leave this note on my board BOO HOOOO kind of pushed me over the top. so no name needed but thank you for kicking me well i was feeling up. this is why i am closing my doors to all. i hope you all have a great holiday

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Whereas Miss Smoocher's "The Grinch" demonstrated the holiday spirit, I think some folks are merely demonstrating the spirit of the Grinch. :p

S

Salem de Monfort

:wall:i must say it had been a hard past few months i have been down this season and found something to do and think about after all the losses i have gone throw. so i sunk all my time in to taking everything down build everything from the ground up worked hard on making it look its best. to get out of the funk i have been in and was really enjoying making other people happy with my deco. i don't care if i won i dint care if i was the last person in line for anything but to have someone come to my house and leave this note on my board BOO HOOOO kind of pushed me over the top. so no name needed but thank you for kicking me well i was feeling up. this is why i am closing my doors to all. i hope you all have a great holiday
I think what you did was wonderful.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to the winner. And i do agree their was alot of crying over nothing we wanted to have people veiw the house and enjoy them but then some moron decides to come to the house and leave bull**** on the bulletin board about us crying about losing. I dont think we have done any crying yet. We have been very nice to everyone. If you want to be a dumbass and ruin it for everyone that is fine with me. All i can say is catch ya in fel one day and it will be your loss.

T

Tazar

It seems the contest is over - the winners announced, and feelings are hurt through sheer rudeness in game. Forum members are even creating false accounts to back up their prior statements in this thread trying to add false-weight to their arguments...

In my hometown, we often drive around town at Christmas and look at the holiday lights and enjoy the spirit of the season. Regardless of how big the house, it is the spirit that counts. We've lost that here so I see no reason to let it continue.

*installs padlock*

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well put Tazar!!! my fealings are not hurt but to be meen to her at her own home in game by posting junk on the bulletin board was complete and udder rudness and poor sport. but as i said before congrats to the winner cudos on your house it looked very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.