• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hmm. Which one to keep? (Suggestions needed)

G

Well, I now have two greater dragons in my stable. But I can´t decide which one to keep as they both have their pros and cons. So, I would like to know your opinions.

1st one (grey):

Hits 837
Mana 548
Str 600
Bard 139,3

85 67 49 59 69

Magery 119,5

2nd one (red):

Hits 921
Mana 565
Str 581
Bard 135

83 80 54 55 62

Magery 110

TIA

G

Dragon 2 will be a better tank.
He got better resist and more HP

I

imported_Sarphus

I agree... #2 is definitely better.

I wouldn't keep #1 because 67 is really low for greater dragon fire resist and fire resist is really important.

It's also relevant to look at wrestling and tactics. Chances are good that both skills will train up past GM. If you haven't trained the dragon's skills yet, you can actually calculate what the skill caps will be by taking the post-tame (skill level / .72) * .9

Not my equation, but I think it's right.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

If you haven't trained the dragon's skills yet, you can actually calculate what the skill caps will be by taking the post-tame (skill level / .72) * .9

[/ QUOTE ]
Or you can use [untrained post tamed skill level]/.8, and I agree, #2 is clearly better imo.

edit: Corrected my math, should be /.8, not .648...

K

Kurgan

100-85=15
837/.15= 5580

100-83=17
921/.17= 5417

So I would say

1st one (grey):

Hits 837
Mana 548
Str 600
Bard 139,3

85 67 49 59 69

Magery 119.5

Plus the Magery is better.

G

second one for sure. magery isn't too important for me because pets do not fizzle, and they heal sporadically. it isn't like a cu, which has a pretty standard delay to its heals. i mean, you could say that some new dragons heal as soon as they can. others might say theirs heals once they go half life. others might say once they reach the last 1/3 of health. but it isn't reliable.

second one has more mana, which means more heals ;P, and means more total mana once blessed because bless works on percentages, and the more mana you have the more mana you end up with in total bless. better resists, better hit points. as sarphus said, you also need to consider the other melee skills.

G

Well, the first one (grey) has been trained a bit but I think it started with about 101 wrestling when first tamed.
The second one (red) only had 91,6 wrestling when first tamed.

So with Llewen´s formula that means the first one will end up with approx 126 wrestling and the second one will end up with 114,5 wrestling.

So how much better will 126 wrestling be versus 114,5?

Oh, and the red one also have 86,2 tactics to start with. Can´t remember what the grey one had...

G

does anyone have a dragon trained up at 120 or higher in wrestling yet? in a screen / shot? I've seen 118, a guildmate of mine got that far (I predict he'll stop at around 120), but I haven't yet seen a s/s or an in game look at a 120 or greater yet...

but...i think you have to go with the tank, if you are going to tank, so the second one still...but if you aren't tanking, definitely go with the one with higher wrestling so you pack in more hits. that's my thought process...like you've said, a dragon for every task, haha. all of these threads, asking which one is better...well. I have to have at least two on my main tamer. after that it is a matter of purchasing a 120 tame scroll just for the extra slot ;P or lucking out on a roll when I do a spawn, because, I just can't toss out my old brown dragon, my ww, my hiryu, my firesteed, or my mare...when all I will ever use is my Cu, my Rune Beetle, my Bake Kitsune, and my Super Dragons...oh, and then there is my reptalon, too ;p lol...(sorry to any I have forgotten, o' animals of mine)

C

Chyna of Sonoma

dont mean to steal this thread but the title fits so...

I just bonded my original drag that i thought would be THE one i would take the time to train up. I took him out to work him against some of other greaters and after an hour or so stumbled upon this one which i beat down and then tamed as well.

I'm thinking the new one is significantly better lacking only 11 on max res. all of its skills are fresh, i just tamed him and put him in the stable. i dont know what they might get to as i didnt note them before i tamed it.

the first dragon's skills have been trained up a few hours. he has more hp but much less mana and less str and lacks 44 on max resists (although phys is higher)

what do yall think if you had to keep only one?