• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hiya all. Some noob queries

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
I'm a player from back in the Ren era, well that's when I started. Back in December of 2000. I stopped somewhere in Mondain's legacey. Had a blast but I convinced myself there were better games out there. I had started playing City of Heroes, and it was a great game. But we all know of its terrible demise a few years ago. I've played WoW and really enjoyed it, as well as Final Fantasy 14, reborn and otherwise.

But anyway, I want to come back to Sosaria. In a big way. I found out both my old accounts were hacked while I was away. I got in touch with Broadsword and recovered the main one ant it's now linked to my EA account.

But I think I have decided to start fresh, so can I buy a new player code and add a second UO account to my EA account? If I have some extra funds I may check out my old main later and se what's left, but I gave everything away before I was hacked any way. Well mostly everything. I didn't think I would ever come back.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back. A second account might actually be a way to better learn the new systems, but there are several things that can only be accessed by the older (the AoS bless deeds - which can now be pooled onto one character, for example). You may still have a number of vet account choices, and there's a lot more stuff, even if still at the age you once were (especially since so many of them can be used by any age, now).

Yes, you can add a new account to your account management system - but I suggest buying the Stygian Abyss new account code for a new account - Do NOT do the 14 day trial thing offered in Account management. I found out the hard way that the trial account only upgrades to ML. The SA upgrade may or may not be worth it for the old account (but if you decide to keep it active, you'll need it).

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Thanks, someone on Reddit told me to open a trial account, but I thought that seemed wrong. I didn't have any vet rewards available when I closed the account. I imagine the hacker probably took any I did accumulate while they had my account. But I may reopen the account later on like I said. Will I be able play it without the Stygian Abyss upgrade? I mean to see if it's worth keeping open?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Dont want to scare you away, but to be inpar with the game, you need to spend like 200USD from scratch, to have all the available upgrades, extra bank space and add ons. Its well worth it in the long run, but paying it all in one go may be scary so maybe do it, little by little.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't let Alex scare you.

The only things of immediate need would be SA & ToL... That should only be around $50-60.

Then, you can look at dropping $20 on either High Seas or the 7th character/storage upgrade package (do NOT buy the items separately, they are $5-10 cheaper as a package).

The Rustic and other package are mostly deco, unless you plan to brew RP booze with your name on it, or want plant beds you don't have to tend.

I spent $70-80 to create a new account and fully expand it last year, to take a friend's castle when he left. I shudder to imagine how many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars of stuff he gave me, but since I'm against player/player RMT (too many friends got burned in the past), I'd have to settle for just gold sales, and I prefer leaving most the castle as a museum (though, seriously, eventually the EIGHT CHESTS of Treasures of Tokuno minors and two of roses will eventually have to go - I've already made headway on the 200 POF he left me).

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Don't let Alex scare you.

The only things of immediate need would be SA & ToL... That should only be around $50-60.

Then, you can look at dropping $20 on either High Seas or the 7th character/storage upgrade package (do NOT buy the items separately, they are $5-10 cheaper as a package).

The Rustic and other package are mostly deco, unless you plan to brew RP booze with your name on it, or want plant beds you don't have to tend.

I spent $70-80 to create a new account and fully expand it last year, to take a friend's castle when he left. I shudder to imagine how many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars of stuff he gave me, but since I'm against player/player RMT (too many friends got burned in the past), I'd have to settle for just gold sales, and I prefer leaving most the castle as a museum (though, seriously, eventually the EIGHT CHESTS of Treasures of Tokuno minors and two of roses will eventually have to go - I've already made headway on the 200 POF he left me).
Ok I might of exagerated a bit, 100USD is a good minimum, to spend and be equal grounds with most people