• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hit Fatigue vs. Mace Fighting Stamina Drain

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone ever compared the effectiveness of the two?
Is Hit Fatigue basically the stamina drain ability from mace weapons for other weaponskills?

What about the combination of mace stamina drain and stagger mastery (SSI debuff)? Is that more effective than hit fatigue?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Hit Fatigue -Reduces the target’s stamina by a 20% of the damage dealt. percentage is rate of trigger.
Mace fight ting stamina drain - Reduces the target's stamina by a 20% of damage dealt capped 10 stamina damage by every attack.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Based on the above, HFat will almost always be better off.
Expected stamina drained by a mace = 10.
Expected stamina drained by a 50% HFat = .5 * .2 * Ave Damage; I normally use Longswords, so my Avg AI damage is ~175 = 17.5;

So a mace will take maybe ~2 to 4x as many hits to reduce something's stamina to 0. I decided to look at what is a big melee hitter and might have a lot of stamina. Per Hunter's Guide here Harrower only has 130 stam; Stygian Dragon has ~450, and 300,000HP. That means you're going to need to AI the Stygian guy ~2000 times, and you'll have him swinging at 2.5s instead of 1.25s within 45 swings with any old mace, or 20 swings with a different weapon.

BUT... If you use a mace weapon to reduce him to 0 stamina, and then use stagger, I guess he'll only swing once every 3.5s.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Not sure, and I don't believe anyone ever posted anything testing it, but I wouldn't see why not.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
OR double swing with a maul and drop stamina by 20 each hit. (Haven't tested it but I'm assuming it could work)

If only it were easy to make a 100% ele weapon with Hit Fatigue. Then you can onslaught + DS and do some major stamina damage.

Last edited: