• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Historical query regarding Magnus Grey

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Magnus Grey;
As I have discussed this upcoming summit with my husband John and his father Galen it was brought up that many a moon ago M'lord Grey had the unfortunate experience of being a forced guest of a family by the name of Mirza on the Isle of Nujel'm. In the process of preparing for a draft of a treaty and/or trade agreement with Nujel'm's Sultan it maybe prudent to revisit some of the details of this event.

While I do not relish dredging up unpleasant memories, I do feel it maybe relevant to securing a mutually agreeable deal with the Sultanate of Nujel'm.

Thank you,
Governor Tanda Knighthawke of Minoc

EM Malachi

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because of rampant poverty and a debtor's prison, there have always been various legal types of indentured servitude on the island of Nujel'm. Some of these practices would be considered very distasteful to Britannian morals. Some families on the island use their power and influence to take this a step further into outright slavery. This criminal practice is usually kept in Nujel'm, since the other powers (Britannia, Tokuno, Ocllo, Ter Mur, etc.) frown on the taking of their citizens. There have been exceptions.

Both Ozan Mirza and his son Amir Mirza had spread their despicable practices into Britannia. Ozan’s kidnappings in Britain were stopped by a spy named Holt Wilder. Ozan tried to continue his activities years later, and I stopped him more permanently despite the political ramifications. While there is no active warrant for my arrest, it is best if I never return to Nujel’m. Several years later, when Amir tried to continue his father’s illegal business, he was stopped by the current Royal Spies.

I have included some additional information on the matter.

-Magnus Grey

http://greatlakes.uoem.net/?p=1569
http://greatlakes.uoem.net/?p=1608
http://lofs.uorpc.net/wiki/index.php?title=GLRP:EMs:Royal_Spies:2011:The_Fall_of_the_House_of_Mirza

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you M'lord Grey,
The information gathered from reading has been a great help and insight into the preparation for this trade/treaty endeavor. It has also brought to mind some distressing thoughts about the criminals responsible for the issues between Skara Brae and Jhelom, a potential market for some of those who have been lost and missing for too long. My husband and I did take the time to wander about Nujel'm with a fresh set of eyes, seeing it a bit more clearly.

While I have had the occasion to serve and enforce the law, I have sat some time in a jail cell for shall we say doing what must be done in spirit even if it did not follow the letter quite so well.
I do hope that if nothing else this endeavor will give us a more clear definition of where things stand diplomatically with Nujel'm, perhaps also a glimpse into our domestic issue. I also have found a new recipe in this reading for my alchemical library, and perhaps tattoos in the future for my family.

Blessed Be,
Governor Tanda Knighthawke

(You are quite the night owl! Thanks for the information)