• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hilarious Transcript...

G

Interesting discussion I ran into:

<blockquote><hr>

(Censored): I'm in QA for DAoC and UO
(Censored): Quality Assurance.
(Censored): In-game support.
(Censored): UO

Me (n00bd): if UO is going to be an example of EA's ability to manage an MMORPG, WAR will fail.
(Censored): ahaha.
(Censored): that's funny.
(Censored): 'cause EA isn't doing anything to manage us.
(Censored): whatsoever.
Me (n00bd): Well then, your Dev team blows.
Me (n00bd): Have you seen UO's recent playerbase?
(Censored): ahaha
(Censored): you realize that UO is only a Mythic product since the merger, right?
Me (n00bd): Yes. That's why I hate on EA.
Me (n00bd): As much as OSI sucked, they did a better job.
(Censored): And that the Dev team for UO and the dev team for War are two completely separate entities, right?
(Censored): so I'm confused as to how UO reflects, at all, upon War's success / failure.
Me (n00bd): Absolutely. But if you're telling me that the developers don't take instruction from what the guys at corporate want (who don't even player the game), then you're ****ting me.
(Censored): Actually, I'm not.
(Censored): That was part of the agreement for Mythic's purchase.
(Censored): We have complete creative control over our games.
(Censored): They get to put their logo on it.
Me (n00bd): So why is UO being driven deeper into the ground? :p
(Censored): because there's no way to save that piece of [censored] game.
Me (n00bd): I thought you Mythic guys were good at MMOs. :p
(Censored): that's like handing me a Yugo
(Censored): and saying, "Win the Indy 500 with this"
(Random Guy 1): 7 years ago, that game was awesome ;-;
(Censored): unfortunately, it hasn't changed at all in that timeframe.
(Random Guy 2): indeed it was revolutionary
(Random Guy 1): Then it must still be awesome :O!
(Censored): no.
(Censored): The expectations for games have increased a lot.
Me (n00bd): So you have a [censored] job, eh Blar?

(Censored): And people want a game that doesn't drop them in the middle of everything and say "Have fun!"
(Censored): After 10 years, they finally decided "Hey, maybe we should tell people wtf to do"
(Censored): n00b - not really. I've successfully managed to avoid having to test UO, for the most part
(Censored): I mostly work on Dark Age.
(Random Guy 3): xxx, what company?
(Censored): EA Mythic.
(Censored): I'm just kind of irritated at the idea that just because something has the EA logo on it means it sucks.
(Censored): and that it's going to fail.
(Censored): xxx - I like my job a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes you wonder... does our own Dev team think that way?

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Cute, but who are these discussants supposed to be and how on earth did you just "run into" this conversation?

-Galen's player

D

dhekke

Is it me or you didn't censor the QA guy's name over there when you said "So you have a [censored] job"?

Well, he isn't in our dev team, and also this past week has been probably the best one in terms of dev activity and response since I got back to UO...

And I do think he's wrong when he says that UO can't be saved... It surely won't rule the world of MMO like it once did, but i think it can at least triple it's player base if things are made to do so...

B

Babble

Fun to read at least and since when does QA know what they are doing anyway.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

Sounds like that guy needs to start looking for a job. Hopefully one he can care about or at least do no damage

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know... Normally I'd be skeptical of a post like this...

But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Well if it's a piece of [Censored] game, why don't they revert it to Publish 15 and forget about it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well if it's a piece of [Censored] game, why don't they revert it to Publish 15 and forget about it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheer and absolute brilliance.

G

"We have complete creative control over our games."

I think they told Richard Garriot something like this several years ago.

"That's like handing me a Yugo and saying 'Win the Indy 500 with this.'"

Well, sorta. A Yugo in the hands of someone with Ferrari's budget and sell it. No need to 'win the race', just find a niche and satisfy it.

"And people want a game that doesn't drop them in the middle of everything and say 'have fun!'"

Actually some of us do. Some people are able to solve puzzles and think for themselves, some can't. Or gosh, ASK the PEOPLE that ARE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU oMglolol.

"I've successfully managed to avoid having to test UO, for the most part I mostly work on Dark Age."

Thank goodness for that. I did try DaOC, got my "toon" [everyone says toon over there] to Level 50 champ 10 [Yeah, I tried Labyrinth too] and was utterly bored as they had completely hosed the PvP balance a few years back and had yet to recover from it [While probably not QA's fault, we can lay the blame squarely on this one person because we're evil].

Bleh, fermez.

--Georg

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheer and absolute brilliance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Publish 15 shard and promises that no dev will ever soil it again with their trash and I'll be content.

G

Let us all hope that this indiscrete individual continues to 'manage to avoid having to test uo', since with an attitude like that he's hardly going to do a thorough job, is he?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Let us all hope that this indiscrete individual continues to 'manage to avoid having to test uo', since with an attitude like that he's hardly going to do a thorough job, is he?

[/ QUOTE ]Not, mind you, that those currently responsible for testing are doing a bang up job either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cute, but who are these discussants supposed to be and how on earth did you just "run into" this conversation?

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy was on Kongegrate. I still won't name him, however.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly That transcript is sooo fake. I mean comon read it. Its not even a real conversation. Secondly You could win the 500 in a yugo. Its all about the engine and driver. Just have to put a new engine in it.