• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas Update 10/1

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Seas Publish Notes for Test Center

• You will get a message that you can not do that if you are trying to board a legacy ship while mouse controlling one of the new ships.
• Lava lobster traps will no longer revert to a regular lobster trap when removed from the lava.
• Hidden players will now be revealed when placing or retrieving lobster traps.
• Dockmasters will now spawn crates equal to your boat’s hold size.
• Gargoyle boat has 140K durability
• Tokuno Boat moves faster than other boat types when damaged
• Orc ship does 150% damage with all cannon fire
• Hold sizes have changed: Gargoyle – 12000, Orc-14000, and Tokuno – 16000 stones.
• Players will receive a +1 to their skillfactor when fishing or lobster fishing from a Tokuno Boat.
• Saltpeter will now display the correct name when purchased from vendor.
• Cold drakes and Frost Dragons should now have visual breath effects.
• Bouys have been added around the Sea Market parking area.
• Items will no longer be left on the water when placing items down on your boat pads.
• Corgul should now have 1 of the following 3 items as guaranteed possible drops to the Top 6 attackers ( Top 12 in Fel)
1. Corgul's Handbook on Mysticism - Mysticism Spellbook
LRC 20
LMC 10
Mana Regen 3
Defense Chance Increase 5

2. Corgul's Handbook on the Undead - Necromancy Spell Book
LRC 20
LMC 10
Mana Regen 3

3. Corgul's Enchanted Sash
Stamina Increase 1
• Scalis should now correctly revenge any range target rather than only archers.
• There is a new UI for ship security. It can be accessed by both the Tillerman and by choosing a context menu item on another player while you are aboard your ship.
The following security levels apply:
N/A: This setting does not grant or deny privileges aboard the ship
DENY ACCESS: revokes all privileges aboard the ship, overriding all other permissions
PASSENGER: allows boarding the ship using the mooring lines or by recall/gate travel
CREW: allows operation of the ship's weapons and piloting the ship
OFFICER: allows access to the cargo hold, and installation or dismantling of weaponry.
CAPTAIN: grants all privileges, including dry docking and changing security settings.
You may grant or deny access to your ship to the public, to members of your party, to members of your guild, and to specific characters. Multiple security settings may apply to specific characters. In these cases, if any matching setting is "Deny Access" then that character is not allowed any access to the ship. Otherwise, that character receives the highest applicable level of access. For example, if you allow members of your guild Passenger access and members of your party Crew access, then a member of your guild who is also in your party will be considered Crew.
If you set Public to DENY ACCESS then ONLY the OWNER may access the ship. This setting even denies access to those in the access list who are given CAPTAIN access.
The maximum setting allowed for any group is OFFICER. Only those in the explicit access list can be set to CAPTAIN.
Setting the group security levels, and viewing/editing the Access List, are done via the Tillerman. Adding someone to the Access List is done via their context menu. Both entry paths open the same UI, just starting at different pages.
For classic ships, if you have a key then you are considered OWNER. Otherwise, you are considered PASSENGER. When ships are severely damaged, it becomes impossible to deny access. The effective minimum security level becomes PASSENGER when in Trammel ruleset areas and OFFICER when in Felucca ruleset areas (e.g. in a PvP battle the victor can come aboard and raid your cargo hold and steal your cannons). The DENY ACCESS setting no longer applies in any case (even explicit individual bans) when the ship is immobilized!
Rowboats copy their security settings from the ship owned by the placer of the rowboat, but only when the rowboat is placed on the same subserver as that ship. Otherwise, they get default security settings.
When a ship is drydocked and placed back, it will retain its security settings, but will change ownershp to the person who last placed the ship. Anyone who holds a drydocked ship can place the ship and put it in the water, regardless of security settings (i.e. security settings do not apply at all to drydocked ships!)
• Ship parking Control rules are as follows, if your boat is at the dock for 20 minutes your boat will automatically be teleported past the bouys that are now placed on the outer edge of the Sea Market region. Your boat will not teleport if a players is aboard, standing on your boat for one minute will refresh the timer.
• Fixed issues with boats and houses not appearing
• Fixed issues with ghost images of ships appearing
• Fixed issues with dynamic objects on ships becoming invisible on legacy ships
• Dockmaster will give you correct change if you hand him more than 5000 gold
• Fixed issues with boat hueing when the boat is first placed
• Fixed pink pixels in the lobster traps, lobsters and crabs
• Addressed issues with boats crossing server lines
• Fixed issue with mouse control on a row boat from the front-most tile
• Purchased lobster traps now stack with previously used traps
• Ship names are now affected by profanity filters
• Re-deeded small soul forges now have the correct name
• Lobster traps now recognize the fist bait applied to them
• The drop down in the EC atlas map now has the correct name for Island of the Soulbinder
• Players can no longer deploy ships or rowboats far from shore
• Sails of gargoyle ship are no longer fully hued in the first damage state
• Guards can no longer be called on Scalis
• Fixed issues with loot on merchant ships
• NPC ships will now chase you after being attacked
• NPC ship cannons now have durability
• Added mouse control for legacy boats by double clicking the tillerman
• Changed the despawn timer on all the NPC ships from 20 minutes to an hour.
• Increased the number of spawing pirate ships from 5 to 10, Bounty board now has 2 pages to reflect this.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My patch doesnt work ... what can I do to delete patch content and try again? :( I can still play but the patch didnt apply right, I'm running Vista btw

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrr! Now that be an update list.

*Orders a round of rum for the development crew*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's a start what about the stacking of fishes?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any fixes for: stacking fishes facing different directions, being unable to turn some rare fish into a trophy, removing the tail or the head of the fish trophies by picking them from the wall, solen hive ponds giving no fish but only boots, floating passengers when a ship is turned or a rowboat is moved, and pirate bindin' pole not being deleted when the quest is completed by killing the pirate?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Oh my goodness I don't even know where to start. So much to do! Who is that behind me?

*Is shoved onto the plank*

I guess I know what I am doing first. *Plugs nose*

C

Cal_Mythic

That's a start what about the stacking of fishes?
We're working tomorrow. I'm supposed to bring breakfast. Is the bug about the direction of the fish when stacked?

All similar fish SHOULD stack right now,

- c

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're working tomorrow. I'm supposed to bring breakfast. Is the bug about the direction of the fish when stacked?

All similar fish SHOULD stack right now,

- c
I honestly think what they're asking is that fish only come in one facing, and that their "stacking" issue is every fish having two facings causing a hell of a lot of item space to be taken up.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well in my testing none of the new fish were stacking at all......

None.

Now "if" that was fixed it's not in the patch notes.

Hence my reply...

S

Shinobi

I keep getting "Error during session" on the patch. It says i can play the game but it didn't apply correctly. How do i fix this? I restart the patch session but it just says the same thing every time.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone notice female npc tillerwomen tell stories about guys? Thought that was cute.

Mesanna, Cal -- you got to let us place Rowboats ANYWHERE. How are we supposed to keep dock clear if we have to dock our big ships, and can't deploy Rowboats at sea? Not being able to place Rowboats at sea is ridiculous, that's pretty much the whole purpose of a Rowboat :XXXXXXXXXX :fight:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, has anyone gotten UOCart to work with Beta client? I got UOA to work with it but not UOCart, at least, not when you sail ... :/

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in my testing none of the new fish were stacking at all......

None.

Now "if" that was fixed it's not in the patch notes.

Hence my reply...
Well that's weird, because all of the new fish with the same name and same facing always stack for me, unless they get hit by that odd stacking bug that's been around since ML.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone notice female npc tillerwomen tell stories about guys? Thought that was cute.

Mesanna, Cal -- you got to let us place Rowboats ANYWHERE. How are we supposed to keep dock clear if we have to dock our big ships, and can't deploy Rowboats at sea? Not being able to place Rowboats at sea is ridiculous, that's pretty much the whole purpose of a Rowboat :XXXXXXXXXX :fight:

I agree. I thought that was the point of the rowboat, to place at sea and leave the larger ship away from the market.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok let me add, I just got in and out of the market area very quickly!! And was able to get the quest from the fish monger. Thank you.
I'm glad to see that Scalis isn't a one hit killer any longer. It was difficult to do banking previously when he was around. LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well that's weird, because all of the new fish with the same name and same facing always stack for me, unless they get hit by that odd stacking bug that's been around since ML.
They are NOT stacking for me in the EC.

I've tried and tried but they refuse to stack at all....

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

LRC 20
LMC 10
Mana Regen 3

LRC 20
LMC 10
Mana Regen 3
Why have two books with the same properties?

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why have two books with the same properties?
Cause the titles are different? A mystic would look strange carrying a necro book and visa versa. *shrugs*

Edit to add ~ Oh and they are the same properties on a different type of spell book. Necro spells in one and mystic spells in the other.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
patch session failed. Can't find the patch folder to empty it and try again?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[
LRC 20
LMC 10
Mana Regen 3

LRC 20
LMC 10
Mana Regen 3

Better question about these books... Why have them at all??

The MR is definately nice and everyone loves DCI...

But...

10 LMC is okay, but the cap is 40.. Which is really easy to get to.

20 LRC is nice if your suit is lacking, but who is willing to build a suit around a book? Better yet, who besides a newb, doesn't already have a 100% LRC suit?

Lack of SDI kills these books as viable options for anyone who isn't training. For anyone who uses slayer books for the enhanced damage v mobs, these books are completely worthless.

There is a reason the Fallen Mystic's spellbook is sought after still.

If theses books are on the new uber beastie, they aren't reason enough to fight it.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[

Better question about these books... Why have them at all??

The MR is definately nice and everyone loves DCI...

But...

10 LMC is okay, but the cap is 40.. Which is really easy to get to.

20 LRC is nice if your suit is lacking, but who is willing to build a suit around a book? Better yet, who besides a newb, doesn't already have a 100% LRC suit?

Lack of SDI kills these books as viable options for anyone who isn't training. For anyone who uses slayer books for the enhanced damage v mobs, these books are completely worthless.

There is a reason the Fallen Mystic's spellbook is sought after still.

If theses books are on the new uber beastie, they aren't reason enough to fight it.
/Signed

LRC is easy to max

LMC caps at 40 and everyone has 40

MR is capped for mages (and these are mage/caster book)

DCI is nice but again most people in pvp are ,maxed or pvp you dont need max.

A plain old no mod slayer spell book is way more usefull, unless your gona make them imbuable with a slayer property. NOW that would be cool and make them usable.

Thunderz

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are NOT stacking for me in the EC.

I've tried and tried but they refuse to stack at all....
Sure the ones facing the same direction stack, if that wasnt the case we would have even a more serious problem. You're right MalagAste, neither in EC nor in CC the fish seems to stack. Also, some rare fish still cant be turned into trophies, the rare fish trophies' parts can be picked up from the wall (even by the players who dont have any access on the house) and fishing inside the solen hive produces no fish but just boots or mess of small fish.

Minor things, I'm sure they'll be fixed in couple of days.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
• Re-deeded small soul forges now have the correct name
I've missed these, I've only seen the one on the dock. Where are they from? They're not a craftable.

A

A Rev

/Signed

MR is capped for mages (and these are mage/caster book)

DCI is nice but again most people in pvp are ,maxed or pvp you dont need max.
Thunderz
Since when is MR capped??

DCI is great and some suit build require sacrifice of something. I know i will be after the sash for one mage suit.

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me SDI & MR are most valuable properties.
No SDI, no use..

C

Cal_Mythic

Notes:
Working on the following today:

1) The Rowboat
2) Fish facings
3) Loot drops

Also for those who had trouble patching what OS were you using??

- c

C

Cal_Mythic

On it. :)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I was wondering if it was an error in the notes that both books have the same properties.

I agree, its pointless having essential properties like LRC/LMC on an item that will get changed out for slayers.

The small soul forge is a drop from Scalis or Corgul - I forget which - there is also a decorative item called a Field of Blades, which is an odd looking animated uh ... gizmo ... which comes from one or t'other too.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the fish stacking problem isn't what I said and is instead soemthing to do with the EC?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried the new EC patch but this house thing which should be fixed isnt working 100% iam standing in Luna at the moment and 90% of the houses are not loaded correctly.

C

Cal_Mythic

I have tried the new EC patch but this house thing which should be fixed isnt working 100% iam standing in Luna at the moment and 90% of the houses are not loaded correctly.
System specs, please???

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal, is there anything that can be done about the horrible blipping and stuttering if I try to run on a moving boat? Even if I try to walk, to be honest. Be cool if there is, because the smooth moving boats are wonderful, love em :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fish are stacking for me now thanks.

And I'm in windows 7 Windows Home Premium 64 bit, with a pentium i5, 750 with 2.65GHz processor.

6GB ram
Radeon HD 5400 series vid card.

C

Cal_Mythic

Fish are stacking for me now thanks.

And I'm in windows 7 Windows Home Premium 64 bit, with a pentium i5, 750 with 2.65GHz processor.

6GB ram
Radeon HD 5400 series vid card.
*pulls out hair and grumbles* ... I can't raise two families at the same time!! :)
And with that I am done for the day.

On other topics: we are still continuing to work on the graphics bits with Smooth Boat movement. We've made great strides even getting it into the game, where no other teams would even touch it.

We are having engineering look at reducing the stuttering. There was a fix that was in testing ... but we had to pull it because it caused OTHER problems. So it goes in development.

There are more things we fixed this weekend, and we'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please enjoy your weekend!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

On it. :)
Just a note, on my Orc ship last night I handed the tillerman a map with waypoints and issued the command start. Navigation worked fine, I was bereft of being regaled with tales though. :/

Have not tested this on all other models of new ships.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Viquire, oh, how I wish BOTH my pilots would just shut up. They're drivin me NUTS!

Cal - I've posted an access problem on that stickied thread. Would be great if you could take a look at it next time you're about. In summary - deny access to individuals doesn't work and if you set public access to denied, all your captains can do is stand there, cos they can't access the hold or the context menu on the pilots. In short, sorry, - it's not working.

EDIT: I've reread Mesannas post, and see that my first point is working as planned. I have to say that I don't think the public access settings should apply to those on the ranks list. The rest of the points are still the same though :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Viquire, oh, how I wish BOTH my pilots would just shut up. They're drivin me NUTS!
Maybe they could decrease the frequency of the messages, I love them, But maybe just a little less often? :p

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pulls out hair and grumbles* ... I can't raise two families at the same time!! :)
And with that I am done for the day.

On other topics: we are still continuing to work on the graphics bits with Smooth Boat movement. We've made great strides even getting it into the game, where no other teams would even touch it.

We are having engineering look at reducing the stuttering. There was a fix that was in testing ... but we had to pull it because it caused OTHER problems. So it goes in development.

There are more things we fixed this weekend, and we'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please enjoy your weekend!
Hehe it is cool in the EC the ships are now smoother running than the players ;) With the next booster you should consider that ;)

No please can you also look at the players movement, i cant understand what is wrong there, which was fine in KR?

Thanks! This would be a great step forward, also good work with the boats so far!