• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas… when will it get fixed or we get refunds?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night… as I’ve lost count how many times this has happened… I gave up pirate hunting after encountering the 2 out of 3 pirate boats that couldn’t be damaged.

Let me get this straight:

1. They make the under-estimation that more then 2 or 3 people will be buying Saltpeter… and only provide 1 NPC selling it.

2. Next they give us several NPCs selling Saltpeter… so, finally, we can manufacture gunpowder.

3. Then they take away the several NPCs selling Saltpeter, creating a mass shortage once again.

4. Then they leave the original NPC, selling with a price that goes up after every 1k sold.

Oh… but never worry, you are forced to mine… so you can get penny’s worth of salt peter for hours of work. Do these staffers even play the game? Honestly.

Every shot of the cannon costs no less then 20k gold, forget the time and trouble manufacturing the goods needed. Suck all the fun out of a possibly fun thing.

NOW… once you build a supply of cannon goods and then master pirate hunting… we have a bug were ships can not be damaged. Sometimes, you can manage to GET the ships to GET damaged, but overall… all you are doing is wasting millions and millions of gold invested for zero return.

And they are talking about a new player ship only available from the Game Code Store!? I wonder if that will damage the enemy ships 100% of the time or will we have to pay extra for that.

My suggestion to the staff is to FIX the problem or start issuing refunds on this defective merchandise.

B

Babble

Well in the fine print is says something like 'Gaming experience might change' ....
:p

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seriously doubt anyone will be seeing a refund. But, what you can do, is "vote" with your $$ the next time a Booster is released. Without the 20% expanded storage, I bet HS would have flopped. I suppose they can continue to package a 20% storage expansion with every booster to get them to sell. lol

The booster concept was so bad (and their overall plan to release 2 boosters a year @ $15 a pop or what ever it was), I closed down one of my 3 active accounts, and bought HS with in game gold. I justified HS to myself because of the Storage increase.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so disgusted with High Seas that I called EA Customer Service and told them I wanted High Seas removed from my accounts, they could keep the money I paid, just get that garbage off my accounts. Turns out they can't. Once your account is contaminated with High Seas, the only choices you have is to put up with it and keep giving EA the monthly fees, or close your accounts. I pulled the billing info after the phone call. One account went a couple weeks back, the other runs out in about two months.

Putting up with the effects of AoS AND the bad joke called High Seas is not fun.

If I do wind up still playing because I prefer a sandbox over a set series of quests that come to an end, I don't plan on buying any more expansions unless they come with an off switch. The High Seas booster has settled that.

That mountain of brownie points the Dev team who gave us the improvements to the crafting system windows earned now looks like a dinosaur-killer came in on it. It's a big hole. You have to really wonder if this game isn't some elaborate research project to see how much garbage and bad service a game addict will put up with before quitting playing. We must have the Researchers absolutely awed.

F

Fayled Dhreams

you bought your ticket ... took the ride ... right?
the ticket was accepted(applied access)

the ride did not meet your expectations

there was no guarantee that it would
(TOS "as is" and "as available")

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

True. But think of the restaurant advertisements that show a nice thick hamburger out past the edges of the fresh looking bun, with crisp lettuce, thick slices of tomato and onion, with a side of crisp fries, and whats termed a thick milkshake, then what you get in the bag handed to you is a stale bun with a thin meat patty that doesn't reach the edge of the bun, much less extend out past it, one thin slice of tomato, a shred of onion, a few whisps of lettuce hanging out one side, limp french fries, and a shake thats about as thick as tap water.

Not quite up to the advertisement. But unfortunately you've already paid for and accepted it.

You know the next time what to expect there, and give real thought to trying the place down the street next time. rolleyes:

B

Babble

nono it will get better really just buy some more ... please?

K

Kim Li of LS

oh and don't forget they skimped on/delayed the holiday events to get HS out the door. Double penalty (bad product + delays/repeats) the only reasons I considered buying HS where:

1. storage upgrade

2. HS "entitlement" so I could use the artys, which is lame to begin with and then most of the drops where junky anyway....

3. I had also considered getting HS to help my guild get one of the new brit ships from community collections- two problems there:

1. So MASSIVELY overpriced (10m pts)

2. the ship is lame also, not any significant difference from
existing ships and is less attractive than orc ship

C

Cantabrigian British

...woa. A disturbance in the force. Seriously. I didn't know there was any "beef" with the new expansion.

Of course in the past, I've had other complaints, that seemed to fall on deaf ears. Being one voice is near useless. But if most of these complaints prove true, then I'll be happy to join the fight. I'll continue to monitor this thread.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I had to quote this for one reason only and that's called "caring for the customer". It's about Mythic caring for its consumers who repeatedly buy a new expansion in hopes that it is better than the last. In theory this is supposed to be true. Let's make a comparison shall we:

If you like McDonald's fries and have eaten them your entire life, then you will go back again and again. Thru the years, you have grown older and wiser but the same fries taste just as good. But....one day, someone says, " Add this and I bet they'll love it! We've been selling them for years so I'm sure they will buy it." See where I'm going with this? Of course you have to "pay to play" and it can go good or bad as in this case, it has gone very bad. If for one minute good ol Micky D's found out that people were throwing these "new" fries away because they tasted horrible, they would do only one thing and that is to resort back to the old formula. Something bad has happened after Stygian Abyss (which I give kudos for that expansion). Somewhere Mythic assumed that catching 200 crabs a day,7days a week for 14 years (this is a direct quote from someone on Sonoma who painstakingly did the math)would be fine to get it's customers aching to get the new Britania Ship. Wrong! Many players are furious because to them, this act of luring customers to get cool items is simply insulting. The backlash from this may just be the icing on the cake which could lead to scripting resources and let's face it, any gold used to buy this ship will not return to the recession ridden UO economy. We pray this won't be the case and that everyone gets satisfied one way or another. But everyone has to do their part and submit these complaints to Mesanna, because without that, Mythic will just continue believing what they did is well received. This new boat is worth 150mil gp. I have that and more sitting around but I'm not going to spend any of it on this ship. The ship looks cool but hey, I'll be fine with my garg ship for now. And yes, I have sent Mesanna an email stating these claims.

F

Fayled Dhreams

:eek: "for one reason only and that's called "caring for the customer" ..."

caring for the customer ...
Caring for the Customer ...
caring For the customer ...
Caring, for The customer ...
caring for: the Customer ...
caring for the ... customer

nope ... not seeing it ... :lol:

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think you missed the point. This whole thing happening is possibly Mythic not caring for the customers. Gotta read into it more. =)

F

Fayled Dhreams

I think you missed the point. This whole thing happening is possibly Mythic not caring for the customers. Gotta read into it more. =)
AH! fair enough ...

moves to: not there.

TY

L

longshanks

it is a garbage expansion.

everything involved in it is nothing but a grind.

- sailing 45 min to kill a pirate

- saltpeter

- loading the cannon

- watching ur lobster pot go... plop

- they way to pop a scalis is horrible. now he's also easily exploitable.

- corgul is cheap... looks like a black titan

- the new boat taking so many turn in's to obtain

most of the new items are useless.

i'll give them one positive and that is changing boat movement to becoming seemless was well done. Funny thing is you don't need to have bought the expansion to benefit from this :/

when it was released they didnt even give u a bonus for pre order. i ordered it so this time shame on me. the next booster will not see my money at its inception that is for sure.

S

soulstoner

Right. All HS ships lost link to rune ....... go find your boat :next:

Edit: found all boats .... rant over .... should clean up the waters a bit.
:)

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right. All HS ships lost link to rune ....... go find your boat :next:

Edit: found all boats .... rant over .... should clean up the waters a bit.
:)
You should check out my latest thread. HS is a huge marketing win for mythic and EA. Why? Cuz suckers like us bought it! And now we are told to just deal with it. Sounds like racketeering to me.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the first, totally buggared up version of age of stuff came out, it was just, "Oh, you still here? Want a pair of fuzzy boots, a sash or a posey?"

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The funniest thing about High Seas is that at some point a developer said "and then the party splits ten-thousand gold" and thought that wasn't a joke.