• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey!.....

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
great lakes, Friday afternoon

General Chat: Hey, anyone pvping?
General Chat: ..
General Chat.. Anyone logged on? lol
General Chat...

>I check despise - empty
>Check destard, check yew gate - empty

>run through T2A, not a soul to be found

General Chat: Is anyone out there?
General Chat: maybe just some fun dueling, anyone logged on??
>wait 10 mins

>log out.
>uo is dead

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

General Chat...

>I check despise - empty

>wait 10 mins

>log out.
>uo is dead
Or nobody likes you...

:bdh:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
afternoon = work/school for most people.

and the stay at home housewives are probably busy getting the kids and supper on the go.

bad time of the day to evaluate server loads.

plus the fact that its spring time and everyone is trying to shake off the winter dust off their shoulders!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Move to LS. Dreamy will answer you, if she is not fighting with Veper, others will gladly kill you.

General chat is not used by everyone. But, if you ask for a res on LS at night, you may get 5 or more people there to help you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
GL's typically has a dozen or more ....... um..... folk who will answer a call to come kill you.... but maybe they all got heckled out of Chat.

One can only hope. But usually they are on in the evening very late and in the am.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

General Chat...

>I check despise - empty

>wait 10 mins

>log out.
>uo is dead

Problem 1 Friday afternoon.
Problem 2 start of spring.
Problem 3 kids are still in school/maymester for college kids
Problem 4 if anyone working took a vacation day it was a BEAUTIFUL day out side so ppl are getting caught up on yard work.
Problem 5 GL PvP is dead.
Problem 6 I just ate my last buffalo wing and I am down to 4 beers

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game needs new players (more players) and it's not going to happen until something is done with how the game looks visually.

UO has the content but the resolution and the game visually doesn't hold a candle to other games out on the market.

Until that changes...nothing will change.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot reasonably define the game being dead by your inability to find a fight on a single Friday Afternoon in May by trying to get one in Global Chat on a shard wherein PvP smack talk in Global Chat is so ridiculously extreme that some have stopped using it. While GL's probably the 2nd largest shard, so your use of that shard can't be faulted, way more people play the game than PvP or use Global Chat, let alone both. Oh and, as others have pointed out, it's a Friday Afternoon in May. At most you could conclude that PvP on GL is dead but even then, your methodology is somewhat flawed and limited.

-Galen's player

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting a chat with Morning or Hello might get a better responds then Hey! :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Try it on Siege and you will always get response unless you are very annoying
Try also to for advices or something you are looking to buy and you will get response.

General Chat...

>I check despise - empty

>wait 10 mins

>log out.
>uo is dead

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey dont feel bad, the 5 of us who are on origin have given up pvp...you want a quiet shard theres yer shard!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My son is not joking its on allmost all shards .. now I will include atlantic as i have for a few weeks now gone in at morning and noon and found the place with a scant few players. ITs the time of year... school is tossing kids tests for eval both in college and highschool. Those who found jobs and still have them are at work it;s not 9 to 5 anymore sooo hours are spred for people. and they have a big sunny day outside....may is not vacation time for most but it is getting close.. Sunshine and fresh air is a big pull and the comp cant go there. Those who pvp and do factions are pishie cause the dev took their toys... and they are protesting. Most times shards have busy hours and then almost closed for business other hours. Freja is correct a nice croud has decended on Siege .. who knows might be players from your shard taking a in game vacation! Dont get all wound up as soon enough the shards will fill up when it too hot to go outside, vacation is over,school is out, the hollidays are coming ...... wait a minute no hollidays I just got the sun back!

Ok last but not least is the fact many are not turning on gen chat. Those of us who want to sell stuff have found most dont listen or its all bitchie at each other and ignore u. Beleave me players are there...... just yell castle fall and you will see them coming out of hte woodwork ... but you best have a castle falling or your dead meat if you say that.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
either your ignore list is really long or your on everyone elses ignore list