• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey there Catskills

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see the shard alive and still kicking..

Any of my old buddies still around?

Doing my last month in Iraq and considering coming back to UO.

HATE PLOW

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol
Better than the crew you're about to get hooked up with.
MUAHAHAHAHAH

Anyhow, good to see you are making it out of there.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not much love...!

I guess I didn't spend TOO much time on Cats, but it's my home in UO now. Haven't played elsewhere in forever.

Speaking of crews.. is DB4 recruiting? :D

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm what crew are ya hanging with? lol Flutter sometimes makes you go hmmm when she makes a post. Most interesting lol. DB4 I think is now just cutter and when he/if plays. I think I have seen his chars names typing in GC once in a great moon.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I have much of a "crew" anymore.

I made the original Overrated on Cats a couple of years ago. We beat the crap out of DB4 for a good while (which somehow Cutter still refuses to admit) and enticed V!P to x-fer to Cats, had some fun, then quit for a bit. I came back about 6 months later and formed Requiem (R.) with Nystul and a few others. We succeeded in running some prime-time harrowers and having some great fights with NmE and CONG (morons!), but had to quit again due to deployment.

So, I assume Flutter is referring to any remnants of Requiem and their current "alliances" as my crew. Yes/no?!

:heart:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm referring to the core members of the H3RO (zero) guild.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pvp opinion of a stealther, about as useful as they are in this game.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I have much of a "crew" anymore.

I made the original Overrated on Cats a couple of years ago. We beat the crap out of DB4 for a good while (which somehow Cutter still refuses to admit) and enticed V!P to x-fer to Cats, had some fun, then quit for a bit. I came back about 6 months later and formed Requiem (R.) with Nystul and a few others. We succeeded in running some prime-time harrowers and having some great fights with NmE and CONG (morons!), but had to quit again due to deployment.

So, I assume Flutter is referring to any remnants of Requiem and their current "alliances" as my crew. Yes/no?!

:heart:
Pretty sure you allied half the shard in order to win a few fights vs us.
Pretty sure I also destroyed you when we dueled if I remember right.

Anyways, glad you are alive and well after being in Iraq. :thumbup1:

I rarely play anymore. I log on once every month or two to run around yew for a few hrs is about it.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping that comment would grab you, haha.

Yeah yeah, well, arguments aside, at least now we can say it was a pretty fun time. A lot better than what battles the shard has nowadays. And no Cutter, you never came close to accepting a duel with me. :p

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mistake then. I must be mixing you up with one of the !20x (sp?) guys.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allied half the shard? Your alliance had half the shard. This is what db4 NEEDED to win their fights.

Hah, do you use card catalog system for all your old pics?

The way I saw it was DB4 ran SX, HuRT, Over, (Insert guild of the month *here*) off the shard. Yes there were many great fights, but in the end DB4 won the majorty of them =] ... that is until 2008-09 when the guild gave up (stopped playing, xffered, transffered to l33t, call it whatever you want).

It was too bad, those were some great times in PvP. Most of you know, because most of you all were in DB4 at one time or another especially if you were in SX the time that DB4 pushed them to other shards, many of yall jumped aboard. Some went to make new guilds.

It was fun times, I think we can all admit that.

PS. Awesome pic, pretty old though considering Drake is still blue!

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pic isn't that old actually considering there are 6@nk people in it with DB4 tags. They were only with the guild for a few months there towards the end really.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha nice screenshot Nyst.. I wish I had my old ones still.

Hah, do you use card catalog system for all your old pics?

The way I saw it was DB4 ran SX, HuRT, Over, (Insert guild of the month *here*) off the shard. Yes there were many great fights, but in the end DB4 won the majorty of them =] ... that is until 2008-09 when the guild gave up (stopped playing, xffered, transffered to l33t, call it whatever you want)
Interesting...

I can't speak for Overrated after I left (the Trammie cluster**** that Zex led), but quite inaccurate during my time fighting DB4. I can say for a fact also that I never allied a single guild on Catskills to keep competition alive. I had PLENTY of opportunities to create an group that would have never been touched, but where's the fun in that? DB4 started allying any random person who would be an EV-casting meat shield as soon as they started losing. Also, as I recall Zuckuss, you were just a random solo mage in SL that ran around at Yew gate and talked smack on the forums. Nothing more. I believe you rejected any duel challenges I threw your way for (insert excuse *here*). Cutter was the same.. Oh wait, he did accept my pure mage challenge as long as he could use his stealth ninja archer. Anyone who was in the original Overrated (ZOMG) knows that a little handful of us trashed the Trammie+DB4 zerg on a constant basis with at the -very- best 1:2 odds; more often 1:3.

As far as getting "run off the shard", there comes a point with oldschool players that you become bored with the "pvp" and sinkhole this game has become and must step away - what ran me off more than once was sheer boredom. Once my guild was able to stand toe to toe with nearly the entire server of "pvpers" I quickly lost interest. Not much fun playing king of the hill when you sit at the top all day. Not to say things weren't interesting at times, but more than not it was just sitting around with our thumbs up our asses looking for a fight for hours until DB4 had enough odds on us to actually stand toe to toe.

RL things have come up that caused me to quit as well; not everyone can play this game actively for years and years without needing some down time.

Not trying to sling too much old mud, but it's a little silly for you (a spectator?) to morph the scenario into something it clearly wasn't. I've fought a lot of decent big guilds in this game in 13 years, and not to be an ass, but DB4 was never one of them. Decent for shard with no real competition for a long time, but far from running people off. Though, I will admit I much preferred fighting DB4 & crew than CONG & crew. At least DB4 kept it on the field and weren't camping outside of houses hidden all day or hacking into accounts and looting them dry in order to "win".

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Interesting...

I can't speak for Overrated after I left (the Trammie cluster**** that Zex led), but quite inaccurate during my time fighting DB4. I can say for a fact also that I never allied a single guild on Catskills to keep competition alive. I had PLENTY of opportunities to create an group that would have never been touched, but where's the fun in that? DB4 started allying any random person who would be an EV-casting meat shield as soon as they started losing. Also, as I recall Zuckuss, you were just a random solo mage in SL that ran around at Yew gate and talked smack on the forums. Nothing more. I believe you rejected any duel challenges I threw your way for (insert excuse *here*). Cutter was the same.. Oh wait, he did accept my pure mage challenge as long as he could use his stealth ninja archer. Anyone who was in the original Overrated (ZOMG) knows that a little handful of us trashed the Trammie+DB4 zerg on a constant basis with at the -very- best 1:2 odds; more often 1:3.

As far as getting "run off the shard", there comes a point with oldschool players that you become bored with the "pvp" and sinkhole this game has become and must step away - what ran me off more than once was sheer boredom. Once my guild was able to stand toe to toe with nearly the entire server of "pvpers" I quickly lost interest. Not much fun playing king of the hill when you sit at the top all day. Not to say things weren't interesting at times, but more than not it was just sitting around with our thumbs up our asses looking for a fight for hours until DB4 had enough odds on us to actually stand toe to toe.

RL things have come up that caused me to quit as well; not everyone can play this game actively for years and years without needing some down time.

Not trying to sling too much old mud, but it's a little silly for you (a spectator?) to morph the scenario into something it clearly wasn't. I've fought a lot of decent big guilds in this game in 13 years, and not to be an ass, but DB4 was never one of them. Decent for shard with no real competition for a long time, but far from running people off. Though, I will admit I much preferred fighting DB4 & crew than CONG & crew. At least DB4 kept it on the field and weren't camping outside of houses hidden all day or hacking into accounts and looting them dry in order to "win".
You got about 5% of it correct. I have no idea what you're talking about with the running around solo in SL thing. You may have your timeframes mixed up, or you might have me confused with someone else =/

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Interesting...

I have never turned down a challenge for a duel, and I've beaten most of the best at one time or another. As for your rants about DB4, please don't make me laugh. You were on Catskills towards the end, when a lot of our original core had already left the game, and SX was long gone. Say what you will, but I'll have you know that DB4 was the first guild ever to take a harrower from SX (back in the old days). Talking about how great OVER was on Cats a year or two ago when you had little to no competition and the bulk of our guild was already inactive is rather meaningless.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That isn't my screenshot. It's Cal's & a 5 minute search on other boards found it just to show that "DB4" was numbers & always was 95% of the time, despite our guild being claimed as "the zerg". I'm not Dark Cloud & I'm not complaining about zerg, but I figured I'd set that straight. But yes I'd have to agree with Cutter that those were fun times, nothing compares these days.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That isn't my screenshot. It's Cal's & a 5 minute search on other boards found it just to show that "DB4" was numbers & always was 95% of the time, despite our guild being claimed as "the zerg". I'm not Dark Cloud & I'm not complaining about zerg, but I figured I'd set that straight. But yes I'd have to agree with Cutter that those were fun times, nothing compares these days.
I won't deny that there were times we zerged.

Every guild zergs if they can tho...

p.s. I never said anything about "fun times", although I don't disagree. =)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't deny that there were times we zerged.

Every guild zergs if they can tho...

p.s. I never said anything about "fun times", although I don't disagree. =)
Nah, if he agrees with me, a meteor will kill us all.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know it's great to think about the days when it seemed fun or epic battles. The only way to keep having those days is focusing on the now not back then. Who doesnt zerg anyway at one time or another? I been in both situations with being zerged and the zerg itself :) Doesn't matter who pwns whom just as long as you are having fun.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If rumor is true... Is Goose and some of his crew back in the game? Just on another shard though.