• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey some help with temp new to the pvp thief world!

A

Asanbosam

ok so ive been reading and reading seen alot of diff temps .. I plan on hitting gates dungeons and idocs ... basically im looking for some advice and ideas what are other good spots to steal and what should i add or remove from my temp im pretty broke so starting from scratch any info will be appreciated !thi is what im going with just going to start chara today.....
120 Ninja
120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Magery
80 Tracking
so let me know what you think and any gear i should be looking to get

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I always preferred having detect hidden on my template instead of high magery. Being able to reveal hiders/stealthers comes in handy, especially if it's a mage who is trying to invis in a busy dungeon and is trying to get out of a monsters aggro. ^^ ...la

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Consider going detect hidden instead of tracking. Detect hidden is equal in weight to tracking skill in terms of chance to track. Plus, it gives the added benefit of actively revealing people... such as those damned mages Rico mentioned.

If you're not trying to kill people with death strikes, I'd consider dropping ninjitsu to 110. 120 gives you more death strike damage, and helps you get into kirin/unicorn form quicker. But, 110 is plenty for wolf/kitsune form.

The magery is good if you are going to be participating in factions with your thief. Escaping through e-fields and all. If you're just going to be a dungeon/gate thief, I'd ditch it. Replace it with a melee skill (or wrestling; my preference). Couple those 100 points with the 10 you may have saved on ninjitsu for 110 total, get max DCI (60%, if possible) on your suit, and you'll survive the throwers/archers more often.

Also, consider dropping your stealing to GM. 120 is about useless in PvP thieving. It'll help you steal larger piles of potions and bandies... but that's about it. If you're doing faction thieving and want to steal in stat loss, you can always throw on +skill items for it. You could use those points to GM your tracking/detect, or 120 your stealth.