• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey, another use for the new carpeting!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I built a platform as a mini rune library area at my vendor house and it's a little bare bones right now, but I bought up some of the red carpet edging (the fringe faces south) and dyed it brown, and used it in place of wooden benches. The nice part is it doesn't take up lockdowns:

Crazy huh? The way to do it is place carpet and double click, place runebook and lockdown, place carpet and double click...etc. So easy! I'll be adding more stacks in a bit, still deciding what to do with the layout.

BTW with the new square gozas since they don't have borders they tend to vanish when used as stairs next to each other. I got around that a bit by making square gozas in black, placing them on top of the grey-brown ones that have an east or south edge showing, then lowered them one time. This gives the edge a little shadow and makes the platform/stairs seem thicker.

I'm going to experiment some more later since the colors I used here are a bit drab, but I didn't want to start off crazy. Especially since it seems like I'm stuck with those two teal colored soul forges, haha.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting use as long as you don't accidentally click the carpets instead of a book you should be fine =)

There's alot of fun that can be done with those big forges I wish I wish I had the space to play with them my self. But I did dissect one with Taz earlier, lots of fun things can be done with them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very nice! I really will have to try that. Lockdowns are at a premium in my little Siege shop.
I have a soulforge taking up around two thirds of the shop roof. I'm contemplating splitting it, but haven't worked up the courage to try yet :D

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sarsmi that is fabulous!
You have saved librarians tons of lockdowns.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personaly i wish she could do my castle like she did there for that floor

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did you get your new floor so wide, i can only seem to get mine 3 wide ?
Hrm don't think I did anything special, just used the heritage ladder to make the platform. I think I used a north facing castle ladder for the second from the north row then went across from west to east and used a west facing ladder. When (if) you start to get error messages about ladder placement you can go above on the platform and then use the ladder up there to cover holes. I also did the northernmost row from the platform I think. The ladder has a three tile reach:

ABC

A would be where you place the ladder and stand on it. B is where you have taken one step while on the ladder and are at the zenith, then C is one further step you can take which isn't as high as B. So you would use the C position when on top of the platform with a north facing castle ladder like this:

C
B
A

and that should let you place the gozas far enough to make that row, then lower them where they match the other tiles in height.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was Ok I managed to sort it out and get it 5 wide, pretty much did what you said and thanks for the inspiration.