• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey all...

MattD

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I played back in the day for several years and moved on. I came back in 2013 for a couple months and left again. I didnt really get a chance to connect with anyone and that is what MMO's are about. Anyways, I am totally lost so if anyone needs a buddy and they dont mind the learning curve let me know. If anyone else is in the same boat I am then connect with me! It would be great to connect with a few returning vets and experience some of the content that we missed or have forgotten. I logged in to find my house gone...of course. It was in fel and the squatter that looked like he was afk macroing must have noticed me. So I ran around half ******** because I am not used to the UI, until I figured out how to recall out. My miner was out of regs so I ran around looking for a moongate for him and I cant remember where anything is. Some house campers insta killed me (I was surprised to see people camping fel). I found my way to New Haven and noticed I had been robbed, all of my gold was gone from the bank. My main a dexxer was mostly naked except for a collar, there must be a story of why I left him this way but it escapes me. So I have a naked dexxer, a dead miner that is lost, some kind of mage that is out of regs, and some partially leveled gargoyle that I have no idea what I was intending for him. I am also broke, my house was foreclosed on, and everything in Luna is at least 15 million. I wandered through a town and it warned me I would be attackable if I didnt leave. Good times....

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to the community! :)

You have definitely had some interesting experiences so far.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back. What shard are you on? If LA give a shout. A bit of good news, your gold should still be there. They changed the system so all the characters on the account share the gold. To check go inside the bank and say balance. There is an article about the changes.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you managed to make it through the account management (billling) system, it's all gravy from this point on. what shard are you on?

the reason you don't see any gold in your bank is because gold goes into your bank account. find a banker / minter and click on him to get a menu where you'll find an option to see your bank balance. note, gold is shared by all of your toons. if you have 10 mil on your miner, you'll see 10 mil on your dexxer. if the dexxer spends 2 mil on armor, then you'll see your miner now has 8 mil.

inflation is bad in uo these days.

but the good news is that the whole armor system has changed (again). you can pick up some nice pieces of armor for cheap to build a decent starting suit.

2 important things for now:
use General Chat. if you need startup equipment or gold, ask in gen chat and you'll find people willing to help you out.
use Vendor search. if you click on your toon, you'll get an option for vendor search. it will help you find stuff you need.

MattD

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the tips. I am on Atlantic. I placed a 13x14 in fel south of Britian Gate. I was hoping to find a small tower plot but it seems Atlantic has been the benficiary of a lot of transfers.
My characters are:
Matteus
Luther
If you see me running around give me a shout. I will definitely try the vendor search function out. I noticed a lot of empty vendors. I am still wanting to connect with any returning vets that have been away for awhile. Or anyone for that matter. I think that we can help each other out with Runebooks and craftables that may be hard to find on vendors since they dont go for much.