• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey all that play LA - I've made a decision...**March 27th - Account sold!**

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***I was originally going to tag this on my "Selling LA account" post/thread but I didn't in case you've already read that and didn't read it again I wanted you all to read this - thankyou.

Well, after I put my account up for sale, what I was going to do was pay for my account one more time (my account is not active right now) and bank the important stuff. After I wrote this stuff down, it's not really a whole lot of stuff and wouldn't take that much time, that way i don't have to pay for my account anymore, have my characters still, and have the "good stuff" in their bankbox/on char. I guess I should of did this a long time ago. So I'm like ok. So i get my checkbook (I pay by PaybyCash for 30 days), I went there, there's no option for 30 days anymore...

So is there no option for 30 days anymore? Because I'm not going to shell out 42.59 for 90 days (I need like 1 day, lol). Actually the only reason I did PaybyCash is because it had a 30 day option. So ya I can do the main code page, but it is still 38.99. Well I've been thinking about this ever since I put my account up for sale. I basically said, "Ok I"m done, I'm going to let my house fall if it doesn't sell, if somebody still wants to buy my account for my characters I will sell it". I'm playing Wow never to return to UO (at least that's the mindset I have now, I don't really think it's going to change though, (KR is horrible and 2D, ummm no) I've been playing Wow over a year now with friends in Real and having a blast doing it. (4 + all the friends we have made especially the ones in the guild we run) Well a couple days ago, I was like, "ok pay one more time, try to bank some stuff and let my house fall". Well if I can't do 30 days anymore, Guess what?

Yep. Not going to do it. I'm done. Gonna let my house fall. I'm not going to pay for something I am not playing anymore and am not returning to. Ya I played for about 5 years and it's really hard to let go of this game. But it's been this way since they got rid of 3d and starting to have lag/connection issues on UO. Ya it was weird. At the time I had so much lag I did a traceroute and for some reason it was getting hung up on these AT&T routers on the west coast before it got to the UO server for LA. I would post about it, no help, even uninstalled/reinstalled. And I have High Speed Internet (Cable). And after I installed Wow and started Playing I didn't have any lag at all (Some in the main cities - but I got a newer computer since then, so not anymore). I Didn't understand this... so I just played Wow, kept coming back onto UO here and there to see if my connection was any better, it never was. Then they took away 3D anyway. I wish I could go back about a week, bank my stuff and give some stuff away to certain people i know on the shard. But actually, banking the stuff doesn't mean I will be returning anymore. It would just be nice to have if I sell the account or just give it away to someone.

So ya, No 30 days = House is IDOC sooner or later.
It's been fun playing this game. I've had so many good memories here on LA. And the friends I've made that I don't talk to except in game on the shard I will miss the most. I miss Fizzie. I had her on ICQ but I don't know where she is, I remember that one thread where you guys were talking about where she was. I do have 3 other good friends on my ICQ from LA though that I still talk to. Two of them have went to Wow (I think) but I think they still might have their LA accounts. I guess its hard for them to let go too. I have a lot of people from LA on my ICQ that I haven't seen on there for a good time. I was going to list them but decided not to. Just to see if anybody knows where they are at or what they are doing, maybe I will do that in another post.

So ya, house is going to fall. I can actually let you know through one of my friends from LA on ICQ when it starts to decay, then you can fight amongst yourselves, lol.

Thanks all, Love Peace and Empathy

Thomas (Nagash/Mosiah/Anvil/Grim Kedar/Asil Rellim)

S

Slacktard

I enjoyed using your vendors!
Hate to see you go but it sounds like you have your mind made up.
Take care and I hope you find another game or something you find enjoyable.
Take care!

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya i loved having vendors and liked the fact that I helped the LA economy! But omg it was so much work, especially making the runebooks, kegs, and trying to keep ingots on my vendors...but ya i would shop around all the time and buy low sell high. pretty much how I kept the gold coming in. Seemed like when I had lots and lots of vendors I didn't have time to do anything else. And it seemed like it just became a chore after a while... i would log on find out that somebody has bought out some or all the stuff i had (like the resources) ...I would write down what I needed and try to find the time as soon as I could to restock...Ya it was a chore but It always felt good when I had everything stocked up back in the shop (or most of it) , and felt even better when somebody bought stuff

S

Slacktard

<blockquote><hr>

Uh Ya Slack, did you miss the part that I play Wow now? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry man! I did miss the part about you getting on the bandwagon too!

sorry to hear that..........

As for you Ty....

Domo &gt; all

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Heya!

Just wondering.. where is your house? lol

Thankies

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my original post link, it will tell you:

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7665977&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

basically if you cant find it from what i posted or from the coords ...just go to Brit go West along the southern coast might take you a bit but you eventually run into it and find it...pretty much in between cove and brit, i liked living on the coast cause i could fish from my front door, lol - ya the name on the house is Mosiah's Madness - owned by Mosiah, I used to have a house up a little ways from that (two story log cabin! - housing was so much cheaper here than on Pacific and easier to find a spot...) I called it "Tom's Temple of Love" lol, my friend that got me into playing UO I think he would name his "Ashley's Retreat" after his char and gf, I used to go over there and change it to "Trent's House of *****s" , I just remember we had our own guild we would fight in front of my house people would recall in and freak out...then we would go through town attacking each other...people would freak out about that too...lol, we started on Pacific but he had a Fel house, and that was back when you had to take the moongate to Fel and it sucked

G

Number of Kittens killed by Slack *looks over at his Post count* LOL Dang its almost 2-1 there!!!!

G

Mosiah's Madness is like the only place still standing beside 7-11 and THB when i first started on this shard. Anyway hope you have fun in #*# (couldnt bring myself to use such harsh words on the forums). Maybe we can get Everyone back together for a 20 yrs reunion!!! Later Mosiah

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya - reunion...don't know about that... I don't go to my HS ones. I pretty much hated everybody in my class. The guys were jerks and the girls were snobs (there's other words I would like to use - but I'm being nice lol) . I kept like 4 people from my class that I am still friends with. Oh btw I sold my account and its getting some good use! I'm glad, and this makes me really happy....I think Tycolby ran into one of my characters at the AH...lol.....at least that's the rumor i heard - so ya nagash/anvil/mosiah if you run into them tell them i said "hi" lol

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ya - Mosiah's Madness is still standing but he might of changed the name, not sure. Not sure if he's planning on having vendors. There's plenty of space on the porch for them ( a LOT of them) , trust me. lol

G

Ya I found out last night at the LOST Auction haha!!!!!! You too with high school also. I only talk to one person from then that isnt my wife, and thats my cousin, ROFL. And no my wife is not my cousin!!!!!!

G

That explains a lot...

*hides quickly*
Your skill in hiding increases by 0.1...