• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Here there be dragons! (and drakes, and wolves, and poison elementals, and titans)

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saturday 20th May 2017, 10 pm – 1 am BST, 5 pm – 9 pm EST

King Blackthorn scowled at the books in front of him. The books rudely ignored his narrowing eyebrows and obstinately continued to show him the same figures. A pox on those delinquent tax men, wherever they might have vanished to!

For the sake of the tax men, he hoped that they had fallen prey to the being behind the foul creatures that currently stalked the land. That would be a far more merciful fate than the one he had planned for those who had let the finances fall into this condition! But the governors had pleaded almost as one – the problem was too big for them to solve alone.

As he paced up and down the corridors, deep in thought, Blackthorn found himself outside the Royal map room. Within were maps of many types – of the lands he stood in, of other realms that had been discovered, and some of places as yet unidentified. He turned the doorknob and strode inside.

There, towards the back of the vast room, was a smaller room, filled with box upon box of maps. The brass sign above the doorway simply read : “Maps, Treasure”. Nearby sat the elderly Royal Cartographer, squinting at a map through his elven lenses.

Charitable donations would not solve the problem at hand, but this – well, at the very least, the citizens would feel they had worked for the gold. Sitting here, in these boxes, those maps were doing nothing for the kingdom. But perhaps some of the citizens would be good enough to put a tithe of their findings into the town donation boxes. Perhaps.

What you need to know :

• The Royal Cartographer will be leading a massive four-hour long treasure hunt, and will be doing the official digging. Royal maps cannot be traded to commoners, but maps found in chests are yours for the taking!
  • The king requests that some of the gold is donated to a town of your choosing.
    How much – all, nothing, or something in-between, is up to you.
  • It is extremely likely that all maps will be for places outside of guard zones.
  • Gates will be made available from the usual places.
  • Announcements will be made by town criers.
  • Reminders will be broadcast in general chat approximately 1 hour before the event.
  • The lowest level map that will be used will be Ingeniously drawn.
  • The new tamables will spawn when chests are dug up. (dragon wolf, frost drake, frost dragon)
  • The contents of the chests are a free-for-all to anyone in party.
  • Taming is open to anyone present – party membership is not required.
  • Keep in mind that party sizes are limited. However – as new maps are found, you are welcome to take them and branch out on your own digs, with your own party.

When each new dig starts:

• The location will be announced in general chat.
  • A new gate will be provided to/from the EM Hall

When each dig has finished:

• The chest will be destroyed.
  • The gate to/from the EM Hall will be removed.
  • A temporary gate to a stable will be provided for anyone who needs it.

Note: You may see a purple-robed lunatic madly running around the shard, trying to dig up as many level 7 treasure maps as possible. We make no apologies for anyone who gets eaten as a result of getting too close to this person.

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This is two Saturdays from now, correct? Not this coming Mother's Day weekend? Just wanted to be sure.
Saturday 20th May 2017, 10 pm – 1 am BST, 5 pm – 9 pm EST.

sound like it will be a blast and it's on a Saturday!

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang... not sure if i can make it.. that 11pm to 3 am CET. :(

But sounds awesome

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there an event this Saturday as well? Someone said we also have one this Saturday, which is why I asked my original question.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Is there an event this Saturday as well? Someone said we also have one this Saturday, which is why I asked my original question.
Siege Perilous – Venture into the Void
May 13 @ 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm BST
Siege Perilous,
May 13th, 5 pm Eastern Time, 10 pm British Summertime, 2 am Indian Standard Time Blackthorn stepped carefully over the grey-black corpse of the many-tentacled horror, flanked on either side by his red-and-black watchmen. His eyes were not on the many fallen corpses of the invaders, but the horrific sight of what had once been one of Trinsic's paladins, now splattered across the side of a house, a deep indentation in the wall where the man's body had been flung against it. All about him, in the now-red grass, were body parts, still covered with the remains of various types

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Calendar Month - New to Siege in Ultima Online on Siege Perilous

I have been trying to keep up with events (all types) on the NOOB calendar. It doesn't seem to convert times correctly for me unless I log into the site, but that might be an issue with my PC. However, you do need to register for gamerlaunch.com in order to click the date and see additional info. I am working on finding a setting to change that.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Events on Siege Perilous | Home of your Event Moderator

If you'd like, I can create a sticky on top for all of the EM events, I know Drakelord is very good at posting them but it is handy to have it all in one place.

Something like this for each month (These are the upcoming events listed on his site)

SigeEvents.jpg

Then as the events get closer, a more detailed post would be put into the forums.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I appreciate Drakelord's efforts on keeping us up to date on EM events, as well as other things like Deal or no Deal and the Meet and Greets. His write ups are also a treat... I will miss them. A sticky thread for EM events would be great! Maybe it can include player events also? Or another Sticky for that? I imagine it would get quite long after a while tho...

The EM website is great and I am glad it's back in use again - but it just lists the EM events. I do not know of a place that shows ALL Siege events, including announced player events, so that's why I am trying to make one. I am not very good at it tho lol, and I keep getting distracted, so it is slow going. But it is up and running for folks to use.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I can make one for EM Events and one for Player-Run events OR I can merge it all into 1. I know having too many stickies on top is annoying.

I LOVE the noob calender! That's very handy too!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sounds like a cool event !! I hope everyone who can attend, does, and that everyone has a great time with it, I really do. :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So will this be a treasure hunt or a taming event ? Sounds like there will need to be tamers with pets in tow for killing, and tamers who are petless that might want to try and tame a new critter. Or will stables be provided much like healers ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will be there with my GD to help those tamers who wish to get a Frost Dragon or Dragon Wolf, I don't need or want either here on Siege, this should be fun! First event I'll be able to attend!!!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As I see it, this is to be a multi-purpose event.

1) People who want to loot the chests will need to be in party with the EM, and the idea is that they will donate at least some of the loot to a city of their choice.
2) The Ilshenar chests might spawn paragons of the new pets, which might drop named chests, that will most likely be uncommon on Siege, so folks will be killing those creatures. (Paragon can't be tamed anyway).
3) Of course, some folks are going to want to tame critters.
4) I'm just gonna be there to help and have fun!
4) And then there's the folks who may or may not want to slaughter everything and everyone :p

An event like this tends to lose stragglers as it moves from one location to another. People will be coming and going, staying behind to tame, or dropping off loot, etc. General Chat usually stays silent once the event commences. NOOB Mumble might be useful for this one!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh... finally an event I was awake for, and I simply forgot about it. :(

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There was a splendid turnout for this one, and it was a lot of fun! In all, quite a lot of folks came and went throughout the course of the 4 hour event. Several Frost Dragons were tamed, and there were plenty of death robes on the lvl 7 chests. Specially one in Ilshenar. I found Otto's song of woe at the Gov Meeting delightfully charming, so I was focusing on Minoc this round, but other cities (specially Moonglow) need some love, too.

All of those temporary teletiles at the EM House, linking to the Trade Ministers, stable, etc, were very well organized and must have taken a while to set up. I hope whoever wins the EM House design contest leaves plenty of space for clever event tools like that! I am told those tiles will not work while you have a trade deal, but they seem like they'd be handy for getting to and from the cities to start the quests and make donations. EM Kincaid said they would be there for 2 weeks. (Hint, hint!)

If folks want more of this type of event, please speak up and say so. As I understand it, @Mesanna herself provided at least one of the lvl 7 maps, and I'm sure she'd enjoy a quick e-mail to thank her for the fun! I imagine it would be a nice change from all the e-mails she must get from players with problems, complaints, and ideas to add to their work on UO. And then mebbe we get more lvl 7 maps if this event is run again! ;)

05.20.17b.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It was a BLAST!

I stayed through almost the entire thing and had SO much fun! Orange was the new Blue at this event....from healing pets and people most people there were orange to me and I had to be careful! Stanley (My Dragon) Wanted to eat Sarg at one point but later on they made up and became good friends!

Thank you to Kincaid and Mesanna for the great fun, was nice to see so many Siege people together like that!

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The office of the governor of Minoc would like to thank all the kind citizens who helped to improve the sorry state of the coffers last night, and to thank those of greater power than us for arranging the hunt.
I managed a few trade deals today, so combining that with last night's amazing efforts, at least there is now one more week's worth of trade deal available.

Did anyone get a nice new pet last night? Or was it all about the treasure? Also, did any Ilshenar maps spawn paragons, and are there any new, unique paragon chests on Siege?

I would have loved to be there, but that was much too late at night for me. The governors' meeting used up the last of my stamina for the week, I fear - singing really takes it out of me.