• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Helpful Things I have learned while building. Time Savers !

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
When stone first came out I did everything i could with it then i quit playing for a while.
I have to admit Ive never been one to decorate but stone building was fun.
Recently I hired someone and paid a ton of money to have a house custom done. they did fine but they missed several things that drive me nuts. Im very OCD about Lines in my builds. Ive learned so i thought if this prominent builder was making these what i call mistakes others are too. So ill be making several guides and screen shots to show you how i fix them.

Also I'm currently working on a stone sample house. I dont know if you noticed but light pavers can be dramatically darker then dark pavers depending on the dye. So im currently making a house public that has most all dyes with different varieties of stone work.
I will soon have a guide with stone work on what height to put each floor to maximize your levels and not have lines! along with the best way to build people are mad that gozas are messed up how i build this doesn't slow me down that much.
Then as i mentioned ive not really ever decorated so i see a furniture and say what is that.
So I also plan on making goza floors above this stone floor with all sorts of furniture so people know all that is out there. easily.
Lastly if you have a plant shop that you stock i would love to display your plants with either a teleporter or a rune on a plant section. because again im going to myself what plants are out there? Im wanting to help others by making a one stop Idea house.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you have any questions PM me hopefully the photos are helpful enough for you to figure it out, if i missed something ill edit the photos to make it more clear but you basically double stack the carpet.

***UPDATE** just a side note if the carpet is stacked in pile of 2 it wont lock down. you have to stack them single stacks on top of each others, this is kind of a pain but if you click exact right position they stack on top of each other. not together.

carpetfixed.jpg

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Would you mind if I add these to UOHomeDecor in the future and attribute to you?