• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help!!!

• Thread starter CooperColeman
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

CooperColeman

OK...I have my old computer up and running, and installed Windows XP on it this morning. Now, when I was playing TT before on my laptop, I had downloaded it onto my laptop. Somehow, on my desktop, I have made it so that the icon on my desktop takes me to the TT website and I now am supposed to play from there. But for some reason, the game won't allow me to play. I get an error message, after it taking about four minutes on the screen that says "Going to Toontown Central." The error message tells me that my connection to the server was broken.

Any advice???

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I guess the biggest question is HOW MUCH memory or RAAM does it have? 512 megs is minimum, 1 gig is average. I persoanlly bumped my computer up to 2 gigs and have few problems since.

S

soupandquackers

If you have any firewalls you may want to turn them off.

C

CooperColeman

Ah...that's the problem.

Is memory something that you can install yourself?

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

The hardest thing about memory upgrading is opening the side of the computer casing. Actually the hardest thing is finding what type of memory your computer takes. For this you have to know what speed your computer is. Like 2.33ghz or what. Then it is probably a good idea to remove the existing Ram and bring it with you. Just remember the most important thing about computer electronics, 1) always unplug your computer for at least 5 minutes before you open it, and 2) watch out for STATIC electricity as it will damage your ram memory as well as other small electrodes.

F

Flippers

also helps to go into Internet Options in IE and make *.toontown.com a trusted site (beginning with the asterisk).