• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help!!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to post pics and screen shots.. Ive been trying for the longest time and cant seem to get it working lol.. Is it that hard or am I just a total ******? I know, its prolly the second. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have uploaded your picture to somewhere like flickr.com (and so have a URL for it), there is an image icon in the quick-reply menu that helps insert picture code - the one that likes like a little mountain against a yellow background.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I uploaded to the gmail web albums, and put the URL in the image icon and when i post it just posts the URL =/

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[ IMG ]http://vboards.stratics.com/image.php?u=149494&dateline=1222283786[ /IMG ]

(remove the spaces inside the brackets to get my post above)

P

Pennywise

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to post pics and screen shots.. Ive been trying for the longest time and cant seem to get it working lol.. Is it that hard or am I just a total ******? I know, its prolly the second. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :)
Open account on Photobucket, an image hosting site. This is the link.

http://photobucket.com/

While in game, when you see a picture you like, just push your "Print Screen" button at the top of your keyboard. That will capture everything you see on your monitor for later retrieval.

Next, go to any draw, picture or paint program. The default Paint program in your windows program menu works just fine for starting out.

At the top of the Paint program on the toolbar menu, click "Edit."

There will be in bold print the word, "Paste," denoting that you have a picture waiting to be seen. Click, "Paste."

The image of your entire screen will show up in your Paint program's work area.

Using the toolbar on the leftside, you can crop the picture you want down to size, or even add color and text.

Once finished, go to the top, click File, then click "Save As," giving your new photograph a name.

At this point go back to Photobucket and upload your new picture.

Then, look below your new image. You can see four rectangular boxes with code. For posting on forums such as this, copy the code inside the box labelled, "Direct Link," by highlighting over it, then pressing Control and "C" on your keyboard. That saves the code you will paste later in the next steps.

Once you do that, you can either close your Photobucket, or reduce it, opening a new internet window to take you, say, to UO Legends forum here. I will usually just reduce the Photobucket screen and open a new internet window, but then, I have a computer with 4 processors that can do that with ease. You may not be able to do that. Play with it and see.

Anyway, sign on, click on "Reply" to any thread, then add your picture by clicking on the little yellow square at the top of your text box. It looks like a mountain with a little sun or moon above it. If you scroll over it you will see, "Insert Image," as its name. Now, also make sure to leave your cursor in the text box where you want your picture to display, for that is where the photograph will show up.

When the little box for inplanting code comes up after pressing the "Insert Image" button, erase the "http" that is already there by backspacing. Then, simply press your Control and V at the same time to add your code from Photobucket, or whichever program you chose to use.

Your picture has been added, but wait! Instead of pressing "Submit," choose "Preview" below your text box to review whether your photograph actually displayed correctly.

If it does, you're in business.

To think, years ago, it took my 12 year old daughter to teach me how to do all that, and I am still learning, so, no, you are not a ******.

Now..........................Back to dat ders Pennys Show, Kids!

A

Annienox

:eek: Was Pennywise just sober?!?!!? I shudder and think I must not have really gotten out of bed early. Oh crap I hope I didn't wet the bed when I thought I had made it to the bathroom!!! :eek:

Aavie of TMC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's time to run to the hills and hide. I honestly don't know what to be more scared of.....the avatar or actualy seeing him type in plain english

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Well Sh*t, I just took out my Poetic Edda's (The Viking Bible) and yep there it is, There's a little lymric about pennywise speaking normally as a sign of Ragnarok. It's all over now *shakes head*

P

Pennywise

In a dream, I dreamed that I was a butterfly.

And in my dream, I dreamed that I was a young man.

Now, as a man, I know not, whether I am a man dreaming I am a butterfly, or a butterfly, dreaming that I am a man.

Yet, the wind blows, the sun rises, and the tides ebb and flow with no concern for my thoughts and aspirations.

Ancient Chinese proverb.

Goes back to listening to Memory Gospel by Moby on the Ipod.