• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with what to add/increase for Najasaurus

Ragnar

Visitor
Hi, i've been out of UO for what seems like forever. I've got myself a 2 slot Naja that I'm training, just hit first level up. I'm curious what specials and stats I should be adding and when. I don't want to mess anything up and this is my first time training. Thanks for any help

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it's possible any more but I really liked Poison Breath + Frenzied Whirlwind on the one I tested or PB + Bladeweave (although this is more expensive now)

I guess it depends a bit on what the purpose of the Naj will be, single or multi target. Either way it's a fun pet with poison immunity and crazy high resisting spells so great against magic users.

Ragnar

Visitor
I'm honestly not real sure. I want to find real good items and make some gold along the way. I hear people talk about the roof and stuff, no idea what that is. I'm from a time of vanquishing weapon was the top lol. I've got loads of catching up.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm from a time of vanquishing weapon was the top lol. I've got loads of catching up.
Yeah.. that is a TON of catching up to do there lol.

When it comes to the Roof the Cu is among the easier pets to run there due to it healing it's self. But, if I was going to build a Naja for there I would load it up with Str and Mana, then stick Armor Ignore and Armor Pierce on it. Those bosses there have a ton of hp's and the added damage and frequency of the AI/AP hitting makes it a good bit quicker.

Ragnar

Visitor
If I add too much to str or hitpoints or whatever will it jump a slot? What max int and mana do I need? What about the HP, STAM, Mana regens? Would AI and poison breath or AI and armor pierce be better?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Ragnar, Once upon a time adding to much to a given stat would cause a slot jump..but they fixed that issue in pub 98.. so you can add as much as you like without fear of this happening. A very important thing to know is that as of pub 97 int no longer increases mana pool... So don't invest in int.. you will have to go under stats and mana to increase that now.. You will find with the 2 slot naj often you will struggle to spend all the points as its already so close to stat cap on so many things... but there are many fine builds for them.. One of my favorites is the Armor ignore, frenz whirl build.. This gives it strong single target and aoe( area of effect) damage... and as its ninja skill grows so does the str of the frez whirl.. You want to take this skill to 120 if you pick this build. I would avoid armor pierce as it falls rather short when compared to armor ignore... as for its main attack.. you want to make sure to cap its str out at 700 this will be one of your largest damage increase, after that each lvl,3,4,5 you want to go under stats and damage per sec and max that out.. as this will be your 2nd largest increase.. Don't over look the stats dex and stam, Increases these 150 increases( gives the pet an extra melee swing every 1.5 sec and ground speed by roughly 20%). As these pets don't have any healing moves you want to give it 20 HP reg, and 30 mana regen for sustained dps... with the aoe build of frez whirl and/or poison breath you want to give it at least 5-9 stam regen so it stays at full swing speed when being pounded at spawns or other spawn heavy areas.. The best advice I can honestly give you is make a few copies of your tamer to test over the time of a few days, in new heaven you will find 2 gates, one bonds pets, the other takes them to 100% training ,and lets you test builds and order or doing things.. I would head there and toy with a few builds and see which ones you like... If you like I will even meet you there and help ya with orders and such... hope this helped mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=

Last edited: