• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with the new stone pavers!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a tile that I cannot get a dark paver into correctly. Any help would be much appreciated!
The first pic is where I want the paver to go, the second pic is where the paver keeps going (above the tile and can't be lowered).

helppp.GIF helppp2.GIF

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got one that drops down a click every night...I finally gave up on raising it, just left it lol

Reactions: S_S

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Remove it, place downstairs and raise up from above to that spot.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
every tile inside a castle can be covered with a tile.... ive done it several times. if you still cant do it let me know and i will help ya out... shoot me a pm.. ill be on quite a bit the next couple days

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually was able to fix it! I had to remove the tiles around it and place the pavers (under) that side first. Then replaced the others I had to pick up. Got every tile to work :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yeah, those corners are tough. Simplest way normally is using circle trans at max, placing down in the courtyard, and raising from there.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got one that drops down a click every night...I finally gave up on raising it, just left it lol
Now I'm having this issue. :sad2:
I have 12 tiles that have fallen down at server down/up two days in a row now.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're too high. They need to be a click or two lower. I had this happen with deco plants.
They are all raised 1 click. If I don't raise them at least that much, the snow shows around the edges. At server up, the 12 tiles had fallen back down that click so I raised all 12 up two clicks this time and I'll see where they fall after server down tomorrow morning. :(

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good reason to use goza mats and not the floor tiles. as much as i like the custom tiles they arent as cool as they could be.

However there are a few tricks to get you by.

Id recommend putting goza mats down first, raising them to where you want your floor tiles then placing the floor tile.
Also when working with things that circle of trans cant see through always start in the nw corner and work your way to the se corner.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good reason to use goza mats and not the floor tiles. as much as i like the custom tiles they arent as cool as they could be.

However there are a few tricks to get you by.

Id recommend putting goza mats down first, raising them to where you want your floor tiles then placing the floor tile.
Also when working with things that circle of trans cant see through always start in the nw corner and work your way to the se corner.
Here is my issue shown in pic. About every 5th tile falls when server restarts each morning. I am only raising the tile one click up. I've never used gozas so I'm lost on how they work. Any chance you could answer a few questions such as do I need to lock the goza down under the paver? Do I raise the goza one tile as well... before I place the paver? Will the goza need to stay indefinitely under the paver?
FallingTiles.GIF

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't you just remove the snow tiles and lay pavers fully down? I don't deco but this seems like the easiest fix for it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh its Ice Isle, I guess gozas first or move to a different castle. LOL

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my issue shown in pic. About every 5th tile falls when server restarts each morning. I am only raising the tile one click up. I've never used gozas so I'm lost on how they work. Any chance you could answer a few questions such as do I need to lock the goza down under the paver? Do I raise the goza one tile as well... before I place the paver? Will the goza need to stay indefinitely under the paver?
View attachment 50767
the way i would describe it... The gozas are your foundation and the pavers are the carpet. Personally what i do when decorating other peoples houses. Lay a solid layer of gozas on the very bottom of a castle covering the entire floor. then i move a tele tile up to the height i want the floor. Then i raise gozas to that point and lay pavers over them. I work my way down till the bottom floor.

Its a lot easier that way and a whole lot less guess work going on.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so the gozas didn't work. I tried two different ways. First way: placed a goza and didn't raise it at all, placed a paver over it and didn't raise it either. Second way: Placed a goza, didn't raise it, placed a paver over it and raised it 1 once. At server up, both spots now had the goza on top! :mad:
Now trying a Third way: placed a stone block instead, placed the paver on top the block, removed the block, lowered paver into the spot I want it. Crossing fingers the lowering works since raising it just wants to mess with my sanity each morning.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's crazy that they just dont fix these kinds of things, and we have to run around in circles trying to find a way to patch it up

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i will ask silly question.... how about raising the stone paver 1 higher than what you want...and see if it lowers the next morning to where you want and hopefully final resting spot?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i will ask silly question.... how about raising the stone paver 1 higher than what you want...and see if it lowers the next morning to where you want and hopefully final resting spot?
Yep I tried that, it didn't work.
Nothing has worked so I gave up. :( :( :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What about adding one tile more on top of the one that drop down? will they both drop down then?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about adding one tile more on top of the one that drop down? will they both drop down then?
Tried this last night, checked it when server came up today and it dropped down too. :(