• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help with the choppies

B

Banner

OK I like the graphics for SA, "NO" I really like them. "but" Trying to grab things like the tool bar and moving is really choppy. I mean every thing I try to do is really choppy its like being in the "lag zone". I log off and log back in the 2d and it runs fine. I then log back in SA and try to run it again and the same thing. "lag zone" I have played around with the graphics and nothing seems to change. I can only connect through a wireless connection. Yes wireless and I have been doing that for the last 3 years, with no problems. Well sometimes I go through a lag time but its such a small amount of time that you can not even count it. I am using a laptop, It is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 maybe that's the problem?? Man I hope not.. I do not want to have to buy a new laptop or just stay with the 2d forever and never get to see the Gargoyles and there fine city or even have the chance to become one... So if anyone else has had this problem and has found a way to fix it or not please let me know..

Y

Yen Sid

I think your going to be out of luck. SA client is way more of a graphics demanding interface. Being that your using a laptop with intergrated graphics there is really nothing you can do about it that I can think of. My best suggestion would be to build a cheap desktop ($300USD barebones kit) and get a decent graphics card ($100-$200) for it. I realize this is a little expensive for one game but it will also allow you to play other games if you wanted to.

O'siris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i feel your pain banner, i also run a laptop but luckly i have a geforce 9600 so i havent had to many problems running the new client, although i was watching a harry go down and lets just say i dont think i will be going to one of those, cause it is lag city. I think we are gonna have to upgrade to desktops.

B

Banner

OH NO NOT A DESKTOP!!!! Well that's not going to happen because I take my laptop with me on the road and play UO .. I guess my options are either buy a good laptop with good graphics "$600-$1500" or just keep playing the old 2d.. well thanks folks for the heads up.