• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] help with sos

M

Munky

I am new to fishing and am wondering about the SOS.
Is there a way to make a course to the coordinates or do u just have to wander around until you find it.
If there is a way could someone send a link or explain how to do so any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Munky

L

Lord Drakelord

I am new to fishing and am wondering about the SOS.
Is there a way to make a course to the coordinates or do u just have to wander around until you find it.
If there is a way could someone send a link or explain how to do so any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Munky
Try here

Nalynn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have UO-Automap, you can use that for fishing up SOS. Just plug your coordinates in and set your marker.

K

Kallie Pigeon

I do it manually with a map of the world with the coordinates shown around the outside edge of the map. I look at the sos and figure out where the closet land mass is that I have a rune to recall to that spot then drop the boat in the water and start fishing. I have boat control commands macros set up so I can tell the naviagator to drop or raise the anchor and go ahead slow back slow etc.. in all directions then I look at the map and figure out the path I should take to get to the sos spot. Along the way I pull up fish and kill sea serpents and check my position using a sextant. I use a macro for the fishing and have it end with a sextant reading so I know I need to reset it. Works fine for me.