• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Small "Loading UO. . ." staying open in vista

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had to get a new computer recently and vista came on it so i figured i would try it out. so far i haven't had any real problems besides the Loading UO. . . box staying open after the main UO screen comes up. It stays open behind all other windows and on the task bar. the only way i have found to close it is with the task manager and closing it does nothing to the main UO window.

has anyone had this problem with UO and vista or is it just me? any ideas on how to stop it? the exact name in task manger is uo.exe

I

imported_dexdash

i had this happen to me and i have no idea why it stopped. hope that helps.

Do you use KR or 2d? assist or no? i think when i open through assit maybe tht stopped it not quite sure

G

I had the same issue, and like Dex said, opening with UOAssist solved the problem.

Is that an option, for you?

I

imported_Goron

i run vista and use uoassist and never seen that message- so maybe they right.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea, easy fix. i haven't had a chance to get assist going and just noticed the window stay open when i got on to get a Rot gain.

G

It's terrible with a crash, because when you try to re-start UO, you get the "another instance is running" message, and you have to close UO via the task manager.

Not fun.

G

tryi and change the compatibility of uo.exe to win2k/xp
worked for me.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
changing the compatibility worked for crashes or for my original problem?

G

We used to get this in 2D before we had assist. It used to leave a blank button on the task bar, clicking on that used to clear it