• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with outfitting a brand new Gargoyle tamer/bard? 2014 Edition

Saemon Havarian

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone,

I realize this very question may be somewhere in these forums and believe me I looked. I found a few non-specific race threads, but none were very recent as far as Gargs go.

So basically I am just returning to UO after an extended break, and starting somewhat from scratch with gear. I am soulstoning all of my tamer/bard skills from a human over to a brand new gargoyle character. I don't have many arti's and such, but I do have some gold so would be willing to buy them if needed. As of this second I have a few things that might be useful to a gargoyle tamer/bard including,

1. Pendant of the Magi
2. Tome of lost Knowledge perhaps?

Would summoner's kilt and folded steel glasses be helpful? I realize you would have to alter the glasses into earrings, is that correct? I don't have these items yet, but can work towards that point.

Basically I am looking for suggestions, I do not have an imbuer and haven't really crafted since the days of Vanquishing and Power weapons of accuracy and such.

Thank you in advance for your considerations and suggestions, it is much appreciated.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balders gate...sea captain ...or was that Balders gate 2??

Oh and I have no clue abou you question....just came back myself ... enjoy!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers are the classical chars to use luck armours. So, personally i wouldnt care too much about getting your mentioned artefacts. With the use of imbuing, you can get a~1100 luck suit to start with for really low costs. On my tamers I like to use Jaanas Staff, but I cant say, if that one can be converted to a gargoyles version.