Help with Old Magincia Quest on TC Please

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

Millie

Can you do each Quest , Restless Souls , Forsaken Souls & Corrupted Souls once per Char. or just one of them?
Also I have killed over 50 Corrupted Souls and have still not gotten Threads of Fate. Do you have to loot them or will they drop on you like the other Threads?

Old Magincia
  • Three new quests to help heal the land by releasing the spirits trapped in Magincia’s ruins
    • The quest giver is a mage near the Magincia moongate
    • Quest rewards are three types of rubble, one for each quest (total of 12 pieces)
      • Trees
      • Broken furniture
      • Building pieces
    • Quests are non-repeatable
  • Three types of ghosts now reside in Magincia
    • Restless Souls
      • Invulnerable, unmoving
      • Notices player movements
      • Can be released by using Spirit Speak nearby
        • Drops Threads of Life
    • Forsaken Souls
      • Constantly wanders the streets of Magincia
      • Can be released by casting Exorcism nearby
        • Drops Threads of Thought
    • Corrupted Souls
      • Red, aggressive
      • Calls other Corrupted Souls nearby for help when attacking
      • Can only be released by being killed
        • Drops Threads of Fate

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
The NPC at the gate will randomly give your char one of the 3 quests. Once you have completed that, he will give you one of the remaining 2. Once you have completed that as well, he will give you the remaining one. He will not give you the ones you have completed.

I have 2 problems with the corrupted souls -

1) Some of them are invulnerable and cannot be hurt (tried pets, spells, summons, archery)

2) I haven't gotten any threads of fate (tried pets, spells, summons, archery) after killing 30+, the wife got one after 40+ kills

Will try using a proper warrior later and see how it goes.

M

Millie

thank you for the information. guess Ill garb her in warrior and go try to kill some more. :spider:Happy Halloween to you!

A

Aboo

I need threads of thought and haven't gotten a single one. However, I have gotten 2 threads of fate. They drop into your backpack. I have gotten them with a bard/mage. Not sure if this means anything but it appears that if they die before opening that black gate, that's when I seem to have gotten the threads.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Ok, getting the threads of fate is definitely easier as a warrior. Apprx 1 in 10 as opposed to 1 in 40.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
I need threads of thought and haven't gotten a single one. However, I have gotten 2 threads of fate. They drop into your backpack. I have gotten them with a bard/mage. Not sure if this means anything but it appears that if they die before opening that black gate, that's when I seem to have gotten the threads.
I saw that you said threads of thought, just in case - these spawn off those forsaken souls and you have to cast excorsism to deal with them. :)

Drop rate for these are actually quite high, apprx 1 in 3.