• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with nerco mage and mage weapons

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's look at this template
115 magery
115 eva int
115 med
115 SS
115 magic resist
105 nerco
40 focus.

Questions:
1) Is there a reason to go above 105 nerco? that is strangle 100%
2) Will it be important that I always have a mage weapon? or can I still do a scrapper or a shield?

G

1) Unless you plan on using revs a lot, there is no real point going beyond 105 necro
2) You need a mage weapon or you'll be disrupted too much to get any spells off

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just from looking at the template.. it looks too tight to fit wrestling on

But the only good mage weapons are two handed.

Will I miss pots a lot?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that takes like 3-4s... enough time for a dexxor to land quite a bit of stuff...

(UOA disarm, drink, arm - all delays in that)

I

imported_xStrikerx

You could try to find a -20 mage weapon, one handed or a balanced bow, and build +20 magery into the suit.

J

Jaimes

Yeah, such is the dilemma of a necro/mage. You can use +skills to squeeze in Wrestling if you're on a prod shard (I did, the result was amazing in PvM/PvP -- the god template!), but if you're on Siege, or can't fit +skills onto your sit, you have a major dilemma:

Use Anatomy/Eval formula to get some evasion going on (I did this on my necromage on Siege... 70 Anat 115 Eval works out to be 105 Wrestling for defense purposes), but this means you have to squeeze skills lower -- GM or less med, 105 Necro, etc..

One-handed mage wep.. pretty good. Doesn't work on Siege.

Drop Eval in favor of your Necro skills (I don't know how people handle this, it must suck)

Or, you can of course never chug potions. This is the worst option because anyone with LP will easily own you.

BTW -- just as a general note, don't use UOA for disarm, use EquipLastWeapon or whatever the macro name is in UO. Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious to you, but I didn't know about EquipLast for all the years I played UO.