• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help With My PVP Archer Template

SuperSonic

Visitor
Hey All,

What are your opinions on the following template for PVP? Also, what should my stats be? (dex/str/int)

100 Archery (120 with hunter's headdress)
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
100 Bushido
110 Healing
85 Chivalry
85 Ninjitsu (for animal form when dismounted)

Should I take a little more out of healing to add to Ninjitsu for higher success? Should Chivalry be higher on a ABC archer?

Maybe you can help me adjust some of these skills and make up for some losses with items? (please name the items if so)

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana Drain and Mana Vampire will be your downfall by mages. Without mana you won't be able to use weapon specials or Chivalry spells. This is the reason i would go with Resist over Bushido.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What are your opinions on the following template for PVP? Also, what should my stats be? (dex/str/int)

100 Archery (120 with hunter's headdress)
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
100 Bushido
110 Healing
85 Chivalry
85 Ninjitsu (for animal form when dismounted)

Should I take a little more out of healing to add to Ninjitsu for higher success? Should Chivalry be higher on a ABC archer?

Maybe you can help me adjust some of these skills and make up for some losses with items? (please name the items if so)
An ABC isn't a PvP template imo. I'm also of the opinion that high damage (from skills) is a waste in PvP as it's more about disruption, damage stacking etc, so I wouldn't bother with 120 Tactics/Anatomy (meaning I'd have 90 Tactics, and probably 80 Anatomy), or having Bushido. Tempted to say Chivalry as well but I think you could do well to use 120 Chivalry maybe for the mastery, if you don't go with Resist (I probably wouldn't) I'd consider going either 4/6 Chivalry/Ninja, or play in Protection (not a big fan of this tbh as you run the risk of being purged and if you rely on it would probably suck without it). I'd say go 120 real on your weapon skill so you can get a decent piece of head armour HH is double whopper with cheese even the enhanced one. Personally I'd be a Throwing gargoyle rather than an Archer too.

If you keep Ninja (I would) I'd go 110 minimum but most likely (if it was me) 120. It affects the usefulness of Mirror Images, and darts/stars.

If you keep Healing as your main healing method I'd probably go somewhere in the 80-100 range on both that and Anatomy and use enhanced bandages.

With all that removed and skills shrunk down I'd then suggest going hybrid with a casting ability like Spellweaving (also 4/6), or Mystic, or Necro. Other skills I'd suggest are Med, Alchemy, Poisoning, a melee skill for Disarm and Splinter.

Stats, I prefer these without pots in the first instance but would always aim for 150 Str/HP, whatever Stamina I need for max swing for the weapons for my plan of attack (probably 180+), and aim for mana of 50-70+.

Gear I'd go VvV Mace & Shields & Crimson and Imbue the rest around that maybe with a legendary here or there if I can find ones that fit. If you're non Med I'd aim for all 75's refined, 55 lmc, 45 hci, 20 dci, 4/6 casting if you go that route, 25 hp increase, 18 hpr, 10+ mr as a minimum. I also occasionally do things like have 100 rpd but depends on the rest of the build/suit if it's feasible. Maybe fire eater. Maybe Enhanced Pots with Balanced bows.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lose Bushido, Ninjitsu, and Chivalry then replace with Resisting Spells, Hiding and Stealth.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree on all the various attributes Lord GOD has to offer with the exception of basing stats without pots. For an archer to be worth anything you'll need high stam to shoot max. and obviously want to max str and hp for damage and health. so the grouping to suffer is mana...which is the bloodline to specials. so u can run ONLY 1v1's which happen oh so often (since 50-70 mana is all you'll have) or calculate in +30 dext and +30 str which would add 60 extra stat points to mana and bump u into the 120-130 range (much more offensive in field fights instead of running in circles til ur mana jumps up).

depending on how much money u put into the suit u can get 150 str/hp, 211+ stam and 150+ mana (I just made mine with those stats). Good luck!

SuperSonic

Visitor
I agree on all the various attributes Lord GOD has to offer with the exception of basing stats without pots. For an archer to be worth anything you'll need high stam to shoot max. and obviously want to max str and hp for damage and health. so the grouping to suffer is mana...which is the bloodline to specials. so u can run ONLY 1v1's which happen oh so often (since 50-70 mana is all you'll have) or calculate in +30 dext and +30 str which would add 60 extra stat points to mana and bump u into the 120-130 range (much more offensive in field fights instead of running in circles til ur mana jumps up).

depending on how much money u put into the suit u can get 150 str/hp, 211+ stam and 150+ mana (I just made mine with those stats). Good luck!
Thanks. What shard do you play on? I'm on Atlantic. I was hoping I could find someone who could put together and sell me a nice suit.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. What shard do you play on? I'm on Atlantic. I was hoping I could find someone who could put together and sell me a nice suit.
What kind of suit or armor do you need? I can possibly help but I'm usually on late graveyard times or super early morning.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I play on Catskills. I have a suit I'm finishing up now, definitely on the high end. As soon as I find the ring I need I'll be posting it on the trade forums to price check and sell.