• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Mage Suit

Spart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I've just returned after many many years, updated to the latest version, got my template straightened out, and even made an Imbuer on my crafter. Finally starting to get to a point where I can pvp again soon, but I just can't seem to complete my Mage suit where it should be, so hoping I might get some advice on what to change and how. Some are artifact pieces I found and others are pieces I've made and imbued. My character is pure Mage with Inscribe and Anatomy, all at 120 except Inscription. No wrestling since Anatomy helps replace it. Carrying only spellbook..can't carry spellbook and a spell channeling both right?

Here's what I have so far

Head:
Divine Countenance
Int +8
Reflect Physical 15%
Mana Regen 2
Lower Mana Cost 8%
Physical 6%
Fire 9%
Poison 4%
Energy 25%

Chest:
Armor of Fortune
Luck 200
Defense Chance Increase 15%
Lower Regent Cost 40%
Physical 2%
Fire 4%
Cold 3%
Poison 3%
Energy 4%
Mage Armor

Legs:
Royal Legs of Embers
Self Repair 10
Physical 15%
Fire 25%
Poison 15%
Energy 15%
Lower Regent Req 100%
Mage Armor

Sleeves:
Invigorating Hiro Sode of Defense
Kinetic Eater 15%
Stamina Regen 3
Mana Regen 3
Physical 19%
Fire 7%
Cold 25%
Poison 20%
Energy 4%

Gloves:
Fortified Gloves of Wizardry
Casting Focus 2%
Lower Regent Cost 20%
Physical 6%
Fire 24%
Cold 26%
Poison 22%
Energy 7%

Neck:
Pendant of Magi
Int bonus +10
Mana Regen 3
Spell Damage Inc 5%
Lower Mana Cost 10%
Lower Regent Cost 30%

Ring:
Imbued
Str Bonus +8
Mana Increase 2
Spell Damage Increase 15%
Faster Casting 1
Lower Regent Cost 18%

Bracelet:
Ornament of Magician
Fast Cast Recovery 3
Faster Casting 2
Lower Mana Cost 10%
Lower Regent Cost 20%
Energy Resist 15%

Spell Book:
Scrappers Compendium
Spell Damage Increase 25%
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost 10%

Back:
Vet Reward
Physical resist 3%

Robe:
Vet Reward
Physical Resist 3%

Totals are:
Physical 54
Fire 69
Cold 54
Poison 64
Energy 70
Lower Regent Cost 128
Spell Damage Increase 45%
Faster Casting 4
Fast Casting Recovery 4
Lower Mana Cost 38
Luck 200
Defense Chance Increase 15%
Mana Regen 8
Self Repair 8
Lower Requirements 100%

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. I've tried so many combinations with buying items and making reforging and Imbuing items that I've hit a wall. Thanks!

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why would you need 120 anatomy? Passive wrestling caps at 120 when you have 220 total points in anatomy and eval.

Spart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why would you need 120 anatomy? Passive wrestling caps at 120 when you have 220 total points in anatomy and eval.
Yeah, that's what I found out. Didn't know that until after I was finished with it. A lot has changed being gone for 10 years :(

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You need to start again, too many useless artys/mods has left it short on things that are vital.

If you hold a weapon instead of a book you'll have no defense unless you have points in that weapon skill. Or Magery if it's a Mage Weapon but you have no +Magery items to counter the penalty.

You are aiming for minimum 70/70/70/70/70, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 10 mr, 30 sdi, 45 dci, 2/6, 25 hp, any casting focus, any fire/damage eater, enhance potions if you can get it. So anything that doesn't have at least 3-4 or more of those mods is a waste.

Build the suit on paper first, preferably in a spreadsheet so you can see totals, use UOguide to look up artifacts from different places such as the Cleanup rewards, Blackthorns etc.

For example there's a Talisman called the Wizard's Curio which could fit nicely, the Lieutenant's Guard Sash Blackthorn Artifact, Conjurer's Garb, Tangle/Crimson, Slither. Start with where you're going to get 30 SDI, 2/6 and 45 DCI, between jewelry and those extra slots. This will help you see if you need any armor parts with DCI on. I would avoid relying on anything too important (casting, LRC, LMC) on the spellbook because when you use slayer books you won't have those mods. If however you do want to use all the mods on a Scrapper's get a good one with some mods, 10, 20+ skill, MR, just something so it's not just a basic. Any extra skill points you have on items you can lower real skill down and gain something else on your template, even if it's just 33 Alchemy for a bit more from potions. (PvP setups are about maximising every single point).

When you get to armor, you should have pretty much just resists, LRC, LMC and HP to finish off. Any extra Imbue slots in MR. I also usually manage to cram in something else like stats, 100 RPD, 18 HPR, Casting Focus, haven't done eaters since being back but those too. Go 75-85 in fire/poison resist IF you can to be corpse proof but Id leave this until last these days not many running Necro.

I'd also look at joining VvV, I forget what artifacts there are but you start with 2k points and you can buy 2-4 or so items from the start.

Spart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You need to start again, too many useless artys/mods has left it short on things that are vital.

If you hold a weapon instead of a book you'll have no defense unless you have points in that weapon skill. Or Magery if it's a Mage Weapon but you have no +Magery items to counter the penalty.

You are aiming for minimum 70/70/70/70/70, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 10 mr, 30 sdi, 45 dci, 2/6, 25 hp, any casting focus, any fire/damage eater, enhance potions if you can get it. So anything that doesn't have at least 3-4 or more of those mods is a waste.

Build the suit on paper first, preferably in a spreadsheet so you can see totals, use UOguide to look up artifacts from different places such as the Cleanup rewards, Blackthorns etc.

For example there's a Talisman called the Wizard's Curio which could fit nicely, the Lieutenant's Guard Sash Blackthorn Artifact, Conjurer's Garb, Tangle/Crimson, Slither. Start with where you're going to get 30 SDI, 2/6 and 45 DCI, between jewelry and those extra slots. This will help you see if you need any armor parts with DCI on. I would avoid relying on anything too important (casting, LRC, LMC) on the spellbook because when you use slayer books you won't have those mods. If however you do want to use all the mods on a Scrapper's get a good one with some mods, 10, 20+ skill, MR, just something so it's not just a basic. Any extra skill points you have on items you can lower real skill down and gain something else on your template, even if it's just 33 Alchemy for a bit more from potions. (PvP setups are about maximising every single point).

When you get to armor, you should have pretty much just resists, LRC, LMC and HP to finish off. Any extra Imbue slots in MR. I also usually manage to cram in something else like stats, 100 RPD, 18 HPR, Casting Focus, haven't done eaters since being back but those too. Go 75-85 in fire/poison resist IF you can to be corpse proof but Id leave this until last these days not many running Necro.

I'd also look at joining VvV, I forget what artifacts there are but you start with 2k points and you can buy 2-4 or so items from the start.

As a pure Mage, with Anatomy and no Weapon skill, all I should be holding is a Spell book right? Nothing in my offhand? Just making sure I'm using all available slots.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
As a pure Mage, with Anatomy and no Weapon skill, all I should be holding is a Spell book right? Nothing in my offhand? Just making sure I'm using all available slots.
Correct.

You can use a shield as well if you want, but if you want to use potions (which you should) you need a hand free, and spellbooks will have probably have more useful mods for your setup.