• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with InsideUO

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have inside uo on a hard drive some place as well as uo pre update before they stop inside uo from working
What are you trying to do ?
I’m sure the crowd not allowed here would be able to help ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am working on a banner for our town. I guess you have to use the ID numbers of the objects/items you wish to use for your town banner from InsideUO or UOFiddler but I hate messing with files and such.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That would be great. All these things about changing file names and all that makes me nervous lol. I don't want to mess up!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That would be great. All these things about changing file names and all that makes me nervous lol. I don't want to mess up!
Even if you need to rename stuff, make a backup of it first. Just copy it off somewhere that you can use as a repository. It only took me one time when I was working to learn this - when I accidentally wiped 18 years of closed work orders. Luckily there was an online backup I recovered with - thanks to our operations crew.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll post here what I sent privately to @Larisa so everyone can have this information:

I'm attaching some screenshots for you, but the easiest way to do it with UO Fiddler is to start the program, choose the "Default" profile, and then click on "Settings" in the top left corner of UO Fiddler.

From "Settings", choose "Path Settings.." and then click on "Set Path Manual".

Find your Ultima Online Classic folder, click on that main Ultima Online Classic folder, and then click on "OK". Your UO Fiddler should update automatically every single time there's a new patch or anything, so long as you patch your client, because it will pull all sound and art files directly from the UO files. No need to change any files or copy any files or anything. Good luck!

Attachments

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay...

So when I go to UOFiddler and click on the downloads I get this:

1679363226033.png

Do I download them all?? Or just one? Which one? I would assume 4.9 but I don't like to assume anything lol.

Yep so I downloaded the 4.9 zip and this happened:

1679363548182.png

I click ok and it shuts down

:/

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1679365725919.png

Every time I try to view anything....except land tiles...I get this pop up.

Why does everything have to be so stupid hard lol.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After downloading the file, did you extract the program and files, or are you trying to run the file from the .zip folder?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I am not THAT stupid! I did extract to it's own folder.

1679366622663.png

Most of the screens look like this.

I can see textures, Animations, and Hues?

I need the id numbers for certain blocks and items they use in the game.

Like...I want to request a small dock to be our town banner.

1679366721505.png

I need to have the ID numbers for the blocks and things they use in game and nothing is showing up.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 141636

View attachment 141637

I need to have the ID numbers for the blocks and things they use in game and nothing is showing up.
Aren't you afraid Mesanna will just randomly delete on some fickle whim?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1679370576563.png

Found this nice Town Banner whilst doing IDOC's.

I don't think she'd delete a town banner on a whim, she might if the town was no longer active.

This Port Royal town, one of the houses fell but there are still 6? Or so standing, it's a cute little town but not sure if it's still active or not.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In EC you can get the itemID and hue of any item in the live world:
actions->other->get type id
actions->other->get hue id

drag those to open hot bar slots.

checkout pinco superviewer for viewing the offline EC data files. tile art animations etc

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 141640

Found this nice Town Banner whilst doing IDOC's.

I don't think she'd delete a town banner on a whim, she might if the town was no longer active.

This Port Royal town, one of the houses fell but there are still 6? Or so standing, it's a cute little town but not sure if it's still active or not.
We'd like to think so but the desecrated graves say otherwise why did some brit banks get stripped clean while others still deco'ed?? Like on LS ? How soon until she deletes that abomination near moonglow i wonder

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
We'd like to think so but the desecrated graves say otherwise why did some brit banks get stripped clean while others still deco'ed?? Like on LS ? How soon until she deletes that abomination near moonglow i wonder
You are a child throwing a tantrum. This game is full of nuance, despite your best efforts to pretend otherwise.

Continuing to harp on about a structure that's not even on a shard you play on because you perceive its existence as a slight does not prove your point, or sway anyone to your viewpoint.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not because of what the LS Mesanna lacky said but because I respect larisa and only mildly dislike merlin this week
Dismissing everyone as a lacky or a pom-pom waver who disagrees with you is not an effective argument.

Also, I don't play LS. I just think your campaign to take something away from others that you never had is childish.

Last edited:

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer

View attachment 141636

View attachment 141637

Where you able to find a solution to get those to show up in UO Fiddler?