• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help With Hiding Plants/Weeds

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Found a nice castle spot that has some weeds sticking up through the floor. I was able to take it down and shift it which helped a great deal. The issue is in the main center castle room. Basically center and left in the room. What sort of techniques have you used to hide these? I've found stone tables do a nice job and it's been suggested to incorporate these into a floral arrangement. Looking for ideas and pics please! If it wasn't in what I consider the main entrance into the castle it wouldn't bother me so much. Lovin' a castle though, didn't really think I would as I've become so use to the design your own housing.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you give us a picture of the offending weed? This way we can give ideas based on the surrounding decorating? :) center AND left? that's pretty big! lol or it is in the center left center of the left?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I appreciate your interest! I've been working on this for so many hours now that I don't want to take it all down to get a good pic :p

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post your creation so we can see your handiwork! :) please :O)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Post your creation so we can see your handiwork! :) please :O)
castle.jpg

1. Between the bar patron and the snow globe was bad. The bar hid a lot. The potted cactus hid some. Even the bar patron (bar maid made into a pirate) is blocking some coming out of the side of the bar at the bottom.

2. The long table is hiding a nasty area. A tiny piece can be seen coming out of the top of the table by the pink poinsettia but it's hardly noticeable and I assume it's a little bit that fell off the plant :p I had it covered with a book before but I like this better. The book completely hid it. In the same area was a nasty leaf between the table and the floor plant but the green in the plant hides it well.

3. The small table by the banners also hides a nasty one. You can see over by the dye tubs what I was dealing with.

Gotta remember this is only my second day on Legends with a guy I transferred over with a bunch of stuff. So after I've been here awhile I can probably dress things up a lot better. It was so bad at first I didn't think it was fixable, but I'm very happy with it now. Hadn't planned on having a bar... but what the heck :) Considering it's all done with left overs from my Great Lakes main accounts (and a fair amount of mining) I can't imagine doing it much better at the moment. As you can tell by the courtyard my castle splits smooth pretty grass and jungle and that carried on through the house. Haven't gotten over to the dye tub area yet. A new challenge!

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you did an excellent job! I am a less is more person so it look awesome. :) Thank you for sharing.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phase 2! Really appreciated the fence tip in the other thread. Helps keep the crocodiles away from the door! Weeds are getting under control. Still got a lot of ideas on decorating the place in general. Every open castle I take a walk around for tips :) Thanks all for the help.

View attachment 28325
Can you come and do my place after? I love that bar.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The deco job on your castle looks awesome.

Two weeks ago I placed a castle in the same spot on another shard. I just started working on it this past weekend. My first goal is to cover the foliage sticking up through the floor. I have a "before" screen shot below and a screen shot of the deco I've done thus far. I'm toying with the idea of covering the entire left main floor with a water feature.

I plan to use the 2nd floor as real living space and the 1st floor will be my mini rares museum. I put a ladder out front so I just run up it to get to the main living area and I avoid the nusiance of opening 3 sets of doors.

castle with plants in floor.png

castle with plants decorated.png

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Great "before" pic! That's my exact placement also (as you know). Nice job working with it. Some of those weeds are tall! Hard to hide them whatever you do. Great job and very creative! I used a teleporter just inside the front door to keep from running all over, but I've seen them on the front steps also.

Last edited:

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow I love that big tree that you have by the alligators!

Crap I NEED a castle!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't take the credit for the Medusa statue. I saw one in a house on Atlantic and tweaked it to my liking in my house.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
AWesome stuff guys. Loving it.

Let me know when your houses are done and I'll add them to UOHomeDecor Home Tours :)