• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Grass tiles on a custom castle roof

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the problem starts with my grass tiles flipping with the stone pavers (house only type) when I lock them down on my custom castle roof.

Things I've tried to do to fix it

1. Raise the grass tile up by one. I cant do this because the roof has to be at 74 and when I raise the grass to 75 (the max height) I wont be able to lock anything down on it.

2. Lower the stone paver to 73 and leave the grass tile at 74. I can't do this because 74 is the lowest I can go to be able to walk over the parapet wall from the stairs leading up to the roof.

3. Lock the grass down and remove the stone pavers below them. I can't do this because the grass tiles will read that they are at the elevation from the floor below (55) even though they are set at 74. This causes all kinds of problems like falling through the roof to the next floor. The grass tiles may be bugged in that aspect and I already sent a bug report in for it. @Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

Running out of ideas

Thanks in advance
LT

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I might have an answer to it after thinking about it.

I locked the grass tiles down on the roof (elev 74)
Then I raised the grass tiles up one to 75. The grass tiles still read that they are at 74 because they register as being the same elev as the floor directly below them.
Then I locked down a few worthless items on the grass tiles that read 74 but are actually at 75 as a test. I'm hoping that since it reads 74 the items will stay there and not go to my moving crate. we'll see after server down.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i had the same issue, i was not able to fix it for my castle, as either the grass tiles were below the stone pavers and not visible or they were popping to moving create as they were over the limit. i was forced to switch to green carpet. i dont like the result but i cant do anything about it...

Finley´s Drachenfels Castle

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I might have an answer to it after thinking about it.

I locked the grass tiles down on the roof (elev 74)
Then I raised the grass tiles up one to 75. The grass tiles still read that they are at 74 because they register as being the same elev as the floor directly below them.
Then I locked down a few worthless items on the grass tiles that read 74 but are actually at 75 as a test. I'm hoping that since it reads 74 the items will stay there and not go to my moving crate. we'll see after server down.
the grass went into the moving crate so that's a no go.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you need to go to the 3rd floor and lower all your pavers down one tile. You will still be able to walk everywhere except for the tiles that have the short skinny tall post, 4 or 8 of them, they will stick up out of the floor. then after you place your grass tiles wait til the pavers pop on top then lower the paver one. I hope you understand what im talking about. My 4th floor is a garden with tons of grass tiles.

If you look at the 3rd floor on my castle the pink round pillow on the floor is covering one of the skinny tall post. You can walk over that one tile. Its in the thread titled my almost normal castle

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need to go to the 3rd floor and lower all your pavers down one tile. You will still be able to walk everywhere except for the tiles that have the short skinny tall post, 4 or 8 of them, they will stick up out of the floor. then after you place your grass tiles wait til the pavers pop on top then lower the paver one. I hope you understand what im talking about. My 4th floor is a garden with tons of grass tiles.

If you look at the 3rd floor on my castle the pink round pillow on the floor is covering one of the skinny tall post. You can walk over that one tile. Its in the thread titled my almost normal castle
Only issue I am running into is I am unable to walk over any tile that has any wall piece underneath.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im so sorry I was wrong. You can walk over all the short ones but not the tall skinny or the medium walls. that is why I have to have so many rooms on that floor and the weird hallway. So go back to the walls that stick up and you can walk over every other one.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I finally went back and re-visited this and got it to work by lowering all of the roof tiles to 73 (max is 74). Then i placed the grass on it and raised each one by 1. The only place i couldn't put grass was at the top of the stairs because the floor tiles needed to be that high to be able to walk over the wall. @Finley Grant this may help with yours as well.

now to start the deco process lol
Castle roof.jpg

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I finally went back and re-visited this and got it to work by lowering all of the roof tiles to 73 (max is 74). Then i placed the grass on it and raised each one by 1. The only place i couldn't put grass was at the top of the stairs because the floor tiles needed to be that high to be able to walk over the wall. @Finley Grant this may help with yours as well.

now to start the deco process lol
View attachment 77852
i dont own any castle anymore :D
i went back to 18*18 and 18*17 as i never liked those stone items really :(

Damon Beasts

Journeyman
Another way to do this is to place the grass tiles first and the pavors on top. Use a teleporter pad within the house and the stone pavors will fall under the grass.