• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with game window size

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so I just got a new monitor which is like twice size of my old one. I was assuming that it would make my UO game window and everything else bigger to fit the size but it it hasn't. Its just ended up like below giving me lots more blank space lol. Ive looked in the in game options and my game window and settings is set to max. Is there anyway to make my game window bigger?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope! Turn to the darkside and use the EC where you can have the whole screen as game window :D

EDIT - You can actually drop your resolution down and that will make everything bigger. Not really going to look nice on a brand new high resolution screen though.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nevaaaarrrr! Don't like EC. Last resort ill just shove the game window in center and put other stuff around it lol.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just spent ages pissing about in control panel display settings, making stuff zoom, literally at 125% increase size, everything else but UO increases size, then at 126% UO increases but to a stupid level that doesnt work lol. Just gonna have to go with last resort and centre playscreen with everything around it i guess for now unless anyone else has a solution.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way to do it is to change the screen resolution, and my monitor at least didn't like being off the recommended setting.
I moved to EC - my hubby swore he wouldn't, but after 6 months of seeing EC over my shoulder when he upgraded his pc he switched to EC, claiming he always intended to as soon as he'd upgraded his rig :p

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe i've tried EC before but couldn't get on with it. Just gonna see how i get on by having gameplay window in middle hehe :) Least it gives me more room for party bars and stuff

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right click on screen

Personalise

on LHS - Display

Change the Size of all Items - 150%

Makes UO game window huge
Unfortunately it makes everything else huge as well

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
EC isn't "that" bad as it show . For sure You've to get used with . There are loads of "facility" that makes it a nice client for some stuff ( eg : i use it for fishing, hunting pirates and Treasure Hunting..) . Also you don't need UoAssist ( even if You use it ) . Plus it has a nice map wich is N I C E for T-Maps !

The graphic part is what usually makes "kinda" everyone says : no no and no ! But this is because that every character looks ...err....weird.

I'd like to see a big Classic Client improve , mean graphic ( screen res ) options than another expansion but ...well, a dream .

Please don't get me wrong : i LOVE and I use the Classic 99% of the time and I was one of those who said : Pfft when the Enhanced came in...

But got used to for my archer ( the one who hunt pirates ) , my T hunter and my fishing gal.

Don't step on the character-graphical part. Else you'll never enjoy it and its potential.

Morgana of Moonglow.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah EC is great for its interface and looting and stuff like that. Lots of nice little editions, but its just not UO to me graphics wise. Im 2D till i die!

Yeah I had a play with that Barian but it makes UO slightly too big that it cuts all paperdoll etc off around the edges even at 126% and it just doesnt change at 125%, massive jump between them. And everything else being huge annoys me lol. Im just gonna try get on with game window being in centre with stuff around outside.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Escaflowne you're not reading the solution.

You need to adjust your screen resolution on your PC.

Click the windows icon then search programs and files for 'adjust screen resolution'
You probably want 1152 x 864.
Or fiddle until you're happy.

Regards

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah i only tried the thing Barian said about increasing size lol, ill have a play with screen res then :) Thanks

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd not bother. You soon adapt. As I type this I have UO open with all the gameplay window visable, a browser open to type this and a youtube video playing.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah to be honest I'm starting to get used to it and Im actually quite liking the extra space, dont have to have healthbars cluttering my game screen now and I can have all my backpacks open.