• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with crafting a 100% LL weapon

Legendary Rouser

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Returning player after a long break, been trying to get back into the grind again. My crafter has all the skills needed to craft anything.

120 Imbue
120 Tailor
120 BS
100 Fletch
100 Tinker
97.8 Arms Lore (will be 100 soon)
100 carp in a SS

I also have my gatherer
100 mining (105) with gloves
100 LJ
100 Alchemy
fishing&cooking

I just got back so I'm trying to catch up on ways to get mats to fill the bod's, but mining takes forever so its a slow process, and I only have a few hammers; 2 shadow, 2 Val. nothing else.

I went to imbue one i crafted exceptional Axe i made but, it would only go to 81%. so do i have to reforge it first? or imbue then Reforge? Also i thought I read that you can't imbue reforged items.

I've been reading the forums like a mad man, but there is so much info on so many posts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes, normal ingots with a normal hammer.
You have chance to lose an item while enhancing. I think you needn't enhancing for weapons. Price of reforged weapon is relatively high (it usually takes several copper runic tools) and advantages of being enhanced is low (just damage type).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
To get dull copper ingots mine in fel using gargish pickaxes by a human char with a bonded fire beetle.
The char should be able to kill ore-elementals. So he/she need to have 80+ in any fighting skill (including magery with a mage weapon), tactics and chivalry (well may do without chivalry but chivalry makes things easier).

To get shadow ingots kill shadow elementals in the Yomotsu Mines (Tokuno).

To get golden ingots kill golden elementals in the Blackthorne Dungeon (Britain).

To get agapite ingots kill fire ants in The Abyss Dungeon and do "Pink is the New Black" quest. It's a good idea to do "We've Got an Ant Problem" quest at the same time for additional reward.

You needn't large amounts of other ingots. So you will get enough while farming dull copper ingots.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. craft from normal ingots
2. reforge with a Copper runic
3. pof
4. imbue
Reforge with copper to get 100 HLL? do you do the same thing for HML?

Ive always used bronze, powerful, vampiric to try to get HML and HLL -- Will copper just give you one of those mods at a higher level? Also, do we use powerful or not?

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer your other questions, you can get 100% HML the same way... Either or but not both... Duncan Drake mentioned that you can get 100% HLL/HML but on a halberd with no SSI... Just all depends on the weapon speed.

Reforge for either HML/HLL and then imbue the other...

You could use a Bronze Runic, but you'd get some other mods you probably don't want. Is there any use for Bronze+ runics these days besides appeasing the RNG gods so that you could get something good with Copper Runics? Copper Runics seem to get the job done...

Last edited:

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer your other questions, you can get 100% HML the same way... Either or but not both... Duncan Drake mentioned that you can get 100% HLL/HML but on a halberd with no SSI... Just all depends on the weapon speed.

Reforge for either HML/HLL and then imbue the other...

You could use a Bronze Runic, but you'd get some other mods you probably don't want. Is there any use for Bronze+ runics these days besides appeasing the RNG gods so that you could get something good with Copper Runics? Copper Runics seem to get the job done...
Are we sure copper without power full will not get it? for example, I can get 70 fireball with or without powerful.. Also, can 100% mana or life leech fit on a leafblade? or is the weapon "too fast"

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get dull copper ingots mine in fel using gargish pickaxes by a human char with a bonded fire beetle.
The char should be able to kill ore-elementals. So he/she need to have 80+ in any fighting skill (including magery with a mage weapon), tactics and chivalry (well may do without chivalry but chivalry makes things easier).
To clarify, you cannot spawn DC Elementals from a gargish pickaxe. They will still promote the iron spot to DC though.

An alternative is to use Prospector's Tools. They will promote the ore and do not spawn elementals. One tool will last 50 ore locations, since only one charge is needed per location.

Dull Copper Elementals do spawn the 2nd level of Shame, but they do not carry the 25 large ore like their brethren (they carry 2).

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Price of reforged weapon is relatively high (it usually takes several copper runic tools)
The need to run through several copper runic tools is........ why ?

To get HLL 100% ?
Or to get HLL 100% + other mods (what would they be ? HML ? DI ? Slayer ?....)

and advantages of being enhanced is low (just damage type).
But if one enhances succesfully for damage 100% to the elemental which hurts more the specific spawn where one wants to use that weapon this way one would not need to spam consecrate weapon (which usually is very short lived...).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
To get 100% HLL.

You can't enhance for 100% elemental damage. 40% max. As to me it doesn't worth a forged metal of artifacts charges. But you may have another opinion.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get 100% HLL.

You can't enhance for 100% elemental damage. 40% max. As to me it doesn't worth a forged metal of artifacts charges. But you may have another opinion.

Then those weapons which are 100% Fire or 100% Cold and so forth can only spawn as loot ?
It is not possible to make them through enhancing ?
Like, say that a given weapon is 30% Physical, 20% Fire, 20% Cold and 30% Energy Damage and the player wants to make it 100% Cold Damage, with Enhancing this ain't possible ? It is necessary to get it straight as a drop from killed spawn ?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I thought reforging cannot be used on items with any magery on them....
Damage Distribution is an odd ball. It counts as one of the properties a weapon can have when you Craft it or Reforge it with a runic. However, Damage Distribution is not counted as a property when you Imbue (if it did, it would use imbuing weight) or Reforge (if it did, you would be unable to reforge it).

Essentially it can be a "free" property, if you want to go through the effort. I am content with using Consecrate Weapon.

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am content with using Consecrate Weapon.

Thanks again for the clarification.
I would also be happy with just using consecrate weapon if only it did not last just 8-9 seconds....
I find it annoying and mana draining to have to spam it a go-go...

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also be happy with just using consecrate weapon if only it did not last just 8-9 seconds....
Hit Mana Leech (HML)

The majority of my weapons have HML. Mana is the only derived stat which cannot be recovered with a potion or spell.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Then those weapons which are 100% Fire or 100% Cold and so forth can only spawn as loot ?
It is not possible to make them through enhancing ?
Like, say that a given weapon is 30% Physical, 20% Fire, 20% Cold and 30% Energy Damage and the player wants to make it 100% Cold Damage, with Enhancing this ain't possible ? It is necessary to get it straight as a drop from killed spawn ?
You can craft a weapon with 100% elemental damage. Or you can craft a weapon with 100% HLL. This topic is named "crafting a 100% HLL weapon" so it can't be 100% elemental damage (well really it can... if you are ready to spend hundred of hours for crafting).

Enhancing adds material properties:
http://www.uoguide.com/Ingot

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You may craft a 75/81 HLL weapon with 100% elemental damage.