• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Carpal Tunnel....

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay so I was diagnosed with moderately severe carpal tunnel in my right hand and moderate carpal tunnel in my left. Surgery is a year or two off, but I still do decorating and especially with castles and doing the granite i have an interesting request.

Is there a way in UOAssist to program it to raise an object X many times (X being the number needed to create the next floor) and just change the target each time before running the macro?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very sorry to hear this Kayhynn :( You are so awesome! Why does bad stuff always happen to the best people whilst the little buggers of soceity remain healthy :(. Afraid i can't help you with anything you've asked, I don't even have UO Assist or any programs like that. Ive only used UO and UO macros since i got the game in 2000 lol. Im so old skool i still use printscreen and paste onto paint documents for screenshots.People have tried to talk me into getting UO assist especially for PvP, but i only ever really RP Pvp'd without magic gear so could manage on in game macros hehe. Im stubborn as well and stuck in my old routines, change scares me :p

For years though ive waited for UO to do like you ask instead of having to click to raise each time, when working with gozas and building my tents its an absolute nightmare

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What I'd really like is for it to have an option of "raise X times" where you can put in the number. Or a "Raise/lower max amount".

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly that would be perfect, cause my finger kills after each tent building session. And with that option it would reduce build times by hours.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish .... I will say though that I am having my Ulnar nerve moved next month... I'm hoping that fixes the problem of my elbow locking up and my arm going numb...

As for some help I use the EC and this:

Certainly helps my left arm a lot... Use last object/target last... I also have a couple of nice bean bag style wrist rests and I use the Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard... I won't use anything else... no going back to that straight flat thing... My hands have thanked me over the years...

Wish you luck!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used to have an older version of one of those years ago. They were great.

So I tried to create several scripts for UOAssist last night. Doesn't work as intended. I have one last idea to try, but i doubt it will work.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I also realized last night after starting work on the castle that I forgot important things:
1. if you're creating a floor, make sure you place the tiles on the ground floor first that you want to raise to create the third floor because circle of transparency doesn't work with the stone tiles (I knew it didn't work, I just forgot)
2. Start from the back left corner first and go from there, otherwise you'll be lowering tiles to fix when you forget.

I quit what I was working on last night after I had to lower a bunch of tiles back to place tiles on the ground floor. I am still kicking myself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once you raise the item once, use a simple last object/last target macro repeated as many times as you need.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
once you raise the item once, use a simple last object/last target macro repeated as many times as you need.
Yeah I found I could do a use item target and then reset target for each one and just hit the number over and over to get it up.

It will take time to do a castle floor. This is making me rethink mine LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are raising stone floor tiles use 3 or 4 of those blocks from stair tiles first and then place the floor tile on that.... You'll have WAY less clicking. And you can move them on to the next spot when your done with that one.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I found I could do a use item target and then reset target for each one and just hit the number over and over to get it up.

It will take time to do a castle floor. This is making me rethink mine LOL
Option 1:

What I did was in UOAssist went to the Keys tab and for Features: Last Target I set the "key" to my Mouse Wheel by scrolling down. It says "MW Down" as the key. Once I had a piece targeted I just rolled the sucker until it was high enough even if I couldn't see it or had to run upstairs to go higher. You can even turn your mouse upside down and run the mouse wheel across your cat, or your desk or your forehead*.

*Warning: you might look crazy.

Option 2: (Which is what you wanted in the first place)

If that isn't easy enough on the wrist then yes you can do what you are thinking of in UOAssist but setting it up takes a bit of time.

Get a stone paver and lock it down in the area you want to raise things say 1 floor in height.

Go to the macro tab of UOAssist and hit record.
Double click the house deco tool and target the tile.
Double click the house deco tool AGAIN and target the tile.
Repeat this process (using the tool again each time otherwise the server times out and eats it's own feet because it's confused) until the object is at the desired height.
Tab back to UOAssist and hit stop on the recording.
In the command window it should look like this.
Use Item
Target
Use Item
Target
Use Item
Target
Use Item
Target
Use Item
Target
Use Item
Target

For each Target right click it and change it to Convert to target last target.

It should now look like a bunch of:
Use Item
Target - last target
Use Item
Target - last target

Click on each Target - last target and hit the Pause After button on the left side and add a pause of 1500.

The final macro should look like:

Use Item
Target - last target
Pause 1500
Use Item
Target - last target
Pause 1500
Use Item
Target - last target
Pause 1500
Use Item
Target - last target
Pause 1500
Use Item
Target - last target
Pause 1500
Use Item
Target - last target
Pause 1500
etc for however high you want it to raise in 1 go.

You can then set a key to play whichever macro # you set it up under and viola you have a 1 button to press to raise up something multiple times.
The macro will never have to have the target reset since it uses last target. You can use a skill like eval or cast a spell on the object you want to move or simply use the deco tool on it one time.
The same macro can both be used to raise AND lower items. To lower something lower it once with the deco tool and it will keep going down until you reset it to go up.

If you find your macro is going too fast for your connection you might have to adjust the Pause up to 2000 but 1500 should work. I found at 1000 it was raising it only 4 times even though I had 5.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it is just a goza floor you need just pm when you need help. Ill gladly come over and raise a floor for you.

Also just in case people dont know. it is faster to raise multiples than one at a time. There is a timer between the same item however there is no timer with deco tool in between two different items.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've got several commissioned houses I was just trying to find an easier way to do it. And I knew the delay thing. it's annoying, but I also raise several items at once for that reason.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be negative, but I have been in your shoes and am currently walking in them for life... not only have I have had carpel tunnel surgery I have had 2 ulnar translocation surgeries... all on my right arm. My suggestion is to find the best surgeon in your area, post op follow EVERY step they tell you to do. Failure to do so could result in what I am currently living with. After 3 different surgeries I ended up having to have a simulator implanted in my spine to control the nerve pain which obviously has a serious impact on playing any game let alone dealing with rl issues.. If I had known then what I know now I think I would have held off longer and did better research on who I let cut on me :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to be negative, but I have been in your shoes and am currently walking in them for life... not only have I have had carpel tunnel surgery I have had 2 ulnar translocation surgeries... all on my right arm. My suggestion is to find the best surgeon in your area, post op follow EVERY step they tell you to do. Failure to do so could result in what I am currently living with. After 3 different surgeries I ended up having to have a simulator implanted in my spine to control the nerve pain which obviously has a serious impact on playing any game let alone dealing with rl issues.. If I had known then what I know now I think I would have held off longer and did better research on who I let cut on me :p
That's scary considering I just had the ulnar nerve from my left arm moved almost 2 weeks ago... (first time hopefully the last time)... Things seem to be going ok... but this is very early on.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My surgeon comes highly recommended and is the best in the state according to my rheumatologist. As a Type 1 Diabetic of 30 years, you can bet your behind I'll be following things very closely because I heal slowly. It sucks.

sorry to hear of your issues and hope things improve for you.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had tried that before you suggested it. It didn't work- but it might be because i didn't put pauses in. I'll try again.